Brazil x Colombia, 14 November in New Jersey

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Denilson70, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Denilson,

Fabio Santos wasn't going to be our starting LB, Adriano was.

2. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'll be in section 135 row 3

[]__[]

3. Daniel96

Daniel96 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Australia, NSW
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What do you think? I like the 3 Centre backs to keep the defense strong because d.alves and marcelo always move up and attack

--------- Diego Alves ---------
    --- D.Luiz - T.Silva - Dede ---
    - D.Alves ----------- Marcelo -
    ---------- Ramires ---------
    --- Lucas - Kaka - Oscar ---
    ---------- Neymar ---------

4. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    What a great player this Fernandinho is...He's the standout CM in the UEFA champions league group stages so far.He's very good in tackling,passing , long range shots and what not.He's a complete midfielder.He's head and shoulders above Ramires in every department of the game.
    If Brazil is looking for a midfielder who can connect defense to offense effectively look no farther than this man!
    Fernandinho was the MOTM against chelsea in the second game in a row.Willian scored twice and Oscar once with a wonder strike.

5. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Fernandinho and Willian have both played for Brazil under Mano - that does not mean they won't get another chance but time is beginning to run out........

6. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    If I was chefe, I would schedule a high profile friendly between the recent Selecao and a 2nd team consisting of those who have gotten the short end of the stick under Mano. Play 2 nationally/internationally televised rounds, and let the fans have some transparancy in who deserves to be playing and who doesnt. Of course this will never happen, but in a perfect world in which I ran shit :D this would be a regular occurance.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Section 142 row 22 i'll be with 2 girls who will be in Palmeiras stuff and i'll have on my neymar jersey if its anywhere above 50 degrees

8. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    section 111 row 7; i think it's the brazil section, but i don't care :)
    great seats for $100 each.

praying for decent weather

9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    good deal i paid 160 for mine

anybody that been to games at metlife stadium.. how cold it gets and how warm should i dress.. im from PR not used to dressing for the winter

[]__[]

10. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    Is there any public transportation available from Seacaucus Junction to the stadium and back on November 14th ?

11. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

NJ Transit goes to and from the stadium from Secaucus junction. i am coming from NYC Penn Station; so i have to get off at Secaucus and take a 2nd train to the stadium. that's what the majority of the people do. i've done it several times.
    http://www.metlifestadium.com/directions.php#transit

it gets cold, so dress warm. i was there last year for the USA-Argentina friendly and it was so cold, that i had to buy a sweater inside the stadium despite having a jacket on. and by the 2nd half we watched the game at a bar inside the stadium.

so as a precaution, have gloves, scarf and have mutliple layers on. worst case scenario - it may warm up and you can shed off a layer or two, rather than go unprepared and pay for an overpriced sweater...

12. arun10

arun10 Member

May 31, 2005
    But there is no meadowland train service to the stadium from Seacaucus Junction on November 14th ...Probably I will have to take the Coach 351 bus from Port Authority Bus terminal...

13. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    oh snap - looks like your right. i'm looking at the website more closely. damn, looks like the bus from Port Authority is the way to go...

14. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So... This was the formation on Mano's sole training before the game. most likely the one we will see in the game:

-------------------------Diego Alves
    Daniel Alves----Thiago Silva----David Luiz----Castán
    ------------------Paulinho--------Ramires
    -----------------------------Oscar
    ------Thiago Neves-------Neymar----------Kaká

The front three all moving indefinitely of course, in that false 9 formation. I'm surprised that even when Hulk is out Mano won't give Lucas a chance, and that he won't use the only LB in our squad (Fabio Santos)

15. Danakil

Danakil Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Scandinavia
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Thiago Neves ???? WTF... something is wierd, there must be an inside job behind closed doors!

16. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Thiago Neves was the flavor of the month 5 years ago at Fluminese before he went to Hamburg to be Rafael Van Der Vaart's replacement. After that didn't work out - he was a journeyman.

but he did have a strong 2011.

personally i would like to see hernanes get a few games in. if diego was able to play 40 games for the NT. Hernanes should get at least 15

17. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you are going to the game, have fun ! Wish I could be there.

Game is not even on TV in the US (except maybe Globo). Will have to catch the game online.

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  18. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's on Globo, 6:30PM CST.

19. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CBF is saying this is Brasil's 1000th game. The way they came up with the number is unclear as it's not known how many games against clubs are included in the list. U-17, U-21 and Olympic games are not included.

Anyways ... in 999 games the record is 631 Wins, 236 ties, and 152 losses. Not bad ! Let's celebrate today with a win !

20. IVO !

IVO ! Member

Feb 25, 2009
    RIO AND CHICAGO
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    My son who attends College in CT just called and asked Dad if he can put $150 on the credit card to go today. Of course being the good DAD I am, "of course!"
    PRA FRENTE BRASIL !!!!!!!!!!

celito and Furnaccio repped this.
  21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    i'm about to head to the stadium in an hour - it will be a great game, no matter how cold!!

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    While you are at it IVO, can he add air fare and another ticket for his new best friend that lives in MD? :D

23. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea it will be on Globo international for sure I have it on dvr since I am going

24. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Did anyone see that the Cbf donated 100,000 to the storm pick up for Nyc, guess how much they donated for the floods up north, 0. Kind of insane