Pre-match: Brazil vs Argentina, 11/17/2010, Doha, Qatar

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Century's Best, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Yes, I ********ing know that! Tried my work one and home one and it did not work, but it does now. Smart bastard!

2. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    So, what was the problem? My guess is it was on CBF's end, if you had actually given some information on what happened rather than just said "help" it would've been clearer.

3. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I was trying to establish if others had the same problem, i.e. could not open it. They - the CBF guy - subsequently confirmed it was broken and obviously made it work. Your sarcastic comment did not help!

4. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    I see Alex missed Chelsea's game through injury. Another pull out for him from the Brazil squad?! Doesn't seem desperate to wear the yellow does he - there are defendrs in Brazil who would give their right arm for a mere sniff of the shirt!

5. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    part of it is a business decision most likely - alex is probably getting paid well for his role at chelsea and any additional injuries at the international level won't help his improve his status with chelsea.

he's not getting any younger and just recently stated he wants to finish his career with chelsea. odds are he won't be the CB at 2014 that he was in 2007 when he played on the copa america team...

remember, part of the game is business too...

7. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    im hoping for hulk...or maybe even jonathan reis, but i think he's still a few seasons away.

8. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

Then we ought to ditch him - forget business, this is Brazil you know!

9. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Greetings I was wondering with the game coming up this Wed is the weather hot like Iran was I remember one of your posters saying the players were complaining about the heat?

10. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  11. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    BTW: Was Andre actually called up because his travel way would not take that long or what is this call about ? :confused:

12. Bakaman

Bakaman Member

May 8, 2008
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He does have potential, he is a intelligent player. But even I , a Santos fan, can tell you that he is not Seleção material yet, too green. I don't reckon he will spend much more time at Dynamo either, he will probably come back to Brazil.

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Hey why does Tevez have scars under his chin like someone chopped him up?

14. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Tévez

Accident (?) in his childhood...

"Tévez was born Carlos Alberto Martínez in Ciudadela, Buenos Aires, and raised in the neighbourhood of Ejército de Los Andes, better known as "Fuerte Apache". It was from there that he got the nickname of "El Apache".[19] His parents changed his surname to his mother's during a conflict between his junior club All Boys and Boca Juniors.[20]
    Tévez has a distinctive burn scar that runs down his neck from his right ear to his chest. He was accidentally scalded with boiling water as a child, which caused third-degree burns and kept him hospitalised in intensive care for nearly two months.[21] After joining Boca Juniors, Tévez refused an offer from the club to have them cosmetically improved, saying that the scars were a part of who he was in the past and who he is today.[22]"

15. old_carioca_in_nyc

Jan 26, 2007
  16. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Same goes with Argentina.

Samuel, Milito,Gago,Cambiasso and Pastore in doubt

17. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    i dont understand why he isnt calling up a replacement. ridiculous!

call up nilmar...and any one of our intriguing right back prospects.

18. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England

The reason, in Pato's case (unbelievably) is that they would not have time to obtain a visa for a replacement. I kid you not!

19. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Mano has the luxury, at least before the Copa America or being able to experiment with youngsters. He is almost guaranteed to have the job until 2014 unless Brazil fail seriously in the Copa America or in the Confederations Cup. He is picking players (like Neto) who are unlikely to play but ARE getting a taste of what BEING WITH the Selecao is all about - the attention you get is far greater than that playing for a club I would suggest - mentally one has to deal with that. We really should get a replacement right back and forward for those cut - pick a couple of players from Brazilian clubs to give them belief - I am sure the powers that be could expedite visas. The Selecao is thought of by Brazilians as not having as much 'connection' with the 190 million or so they represent because they hardly have a chance of seeing them play in their own cities - that is why I liked the idea of a Brazil-based eleven facing Argentina in La Plata on 19/12/10, but Uruguay see set to step in for us. A shame.

20. W.Lewin

W.Lewin Member

Aug 5, 2010
    the injury list getting longer for argentina. tevez and aguero out

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Samuel is done for the rest of the season; didn't know about Pastore - considering his hat trick on Sunday, i would have loved to see how he would do against a team like Brazil...

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Yep. Tevez and Aguero out as well, and the Militos too are unavailable.

Walter Samuel is their bedrock in defense - but he did cap Nicolas Otamendi.

Otamendi brings me back great memories... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_URf2gsuILU"]YouTube - BRASIL 3 -1 ARGENTINA 05/09/09 - narrador argentino(mariano closs)[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7suw8RK1Q4&feature=related"]YouTube - Primeiro gol: Brasil 3, Argentina 1. Rosario, Santa Fe, Argentina.[/ame]

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Thanks ah man ouch! Same thing happened to me but on the side of my stomach but the water was not that boiling was hot though were it burned some of my skin but after a few years skin tissue grew back.