brazil offered bribe to ecuador wc 1994

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by OWN GOAL, Nov 6, 2012.

1. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    do u mean uruguay
    i really doubt that:)
    dont forget that the first brazilian trophy was attained after brazil played 6 halves against uruguay in copa america 1919 which was held in brazil
    it was the longest game ever :)

2. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    illogical:)

3. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    if the decision was made on june 10 then how come uruguay had to travel on bus shortly before the game :)

4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I retract my statement. I read the article wrong. It looks like the decision was indeed made after the QF. I'd say the team that was most screwed by this decision was Germany because they had to travel to the altitude. Uruguay went from high altitude to low. Italy was benefited the most by the decision and not Brazil. Because they got to play QF, SF, and the Final around Mexico City. So while Brazil was benefited over Uruguay, they were not over Italy. Had Italy won the final I guess you'd be talking about how Italy got the sweetest deal.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What does 1919 have anything to do with 70. Uruguay in 70 was a good team, but not a great one. Their campaign was average.

6. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    just to remind u that brazil have difficulties against uruguay. this team is hard to handle and it is a nightmare for both arg and bra. before 1950 final they urinated on the captain of selecao's photo in their toilets and they won the final in maracana afterwards :)
    in 1970 they couldve won again had the ref expelled pele

7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LMAO!!

8. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    thank u for an :Australian slang: and ... please .. no need to ... "no worries" ... :)

Yeah it;s very possible and I am not surprised.
    As I live in US for a while now, and not many (betting) believe American Football is all about ... "money fixing" ! So I tried not to be so speculative in those "incidence" (rather than coincidence!) as I do not have proofs

9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    This is silly. Ecuador played all their 94 WC qualifiers in Guayaquil, not just against Brazil. I was at the game.

sidspaceman repped this.
  10. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How old are you? I was at that game. Than you do remember the biggest penalty committed against Alex Aquinaga that was not called? Funny no mention of it.

11. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Lol...yeah it was a handball that everyone except the ref saw. I was on the other end of the stadium but I remember the field being bombarded by all sorts of objects, drinks and fruit.

12. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    could u kindly provide us with a footage, im very interested to watch this penalty