Brazil NT Goalkeeper Options

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by soccersubjectively, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I think Felipao would still take him. I mean he took him out of the worse club in England.

Plus what the hell is Julio Cesar doing? trying to retire?

2. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I mean s*** he would be better off playing in MLS when it starts rather than playing for QPR in the second division!!

3. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    2nd division I agree, but QPR in the first division had teams unloading on him due to poor defense. The game situation experience from that is very valuable. And possibly the same situation with Cagliari. It doesn't matter how bad your team is when you're a goalie, as the bad teams give more work. All that matters is the level of talent that is unloading on him from the other teams.

4. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone care to give percent chance of the goalkeeper pool? Like...

(player) - 100%
    (player) - 60%
    (player) - 40%

Ideally it would add up to 300% (3 goalies taken).

5. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'll make it interesting with some long shots

Julio Caesar - 98%
    Jefferson - 98%
    Victor - 60%
    Cavalieri - 20%
    Diego Alves - 20%
    Helton? - 2%
    Muriel? - 1%
    Fabio? - 1%

soccersubjectively repped this.
  6. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I think it's more like
    Jefferson 100%
    JC 70% - If he goes he starts
    Cavalieri 50%
    Victor 25%
    Diego Alves 25%
    whatever GK is playing for the team leading the Brasileirao or on the hunt for the Lib in the semi finals 30%

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Jefferson 100
    jc 75
    Dc 75
    Diego Alves 50
    helton 0
    Victor 0

8. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Helton is the king of CL blunders. To think I had to fend off the Helton and Gomes supporters circa 06-08.

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I've haven't seen in a long time Brazil going into a huge tournament undecided on who is starting goalkeeper is going to be because most of our goal keepers all have s***** forms right now:confused:

10. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Jefferson is really not in shit form, he had 1 blunder last year. How is that shit form? he's been as good as ever outside of that 1 blunder.

I mean people talk about GK like Brazil doesn't have good ones, when most say Buffon and Casillas are top GKs. They proved time and time again in the Confed cup how Overrated they are. They played so poorly that if it was a Brazilian GK they wouldn't be able to get another job after.

Yet.. for some reason we have a GK problem in Brazil?
    Fabio, Jefferson, JC, F. Prass, Victor, Diego are all top GKs... Prass is too old sure, but top GK ask a vascaino how good he is, or even better ask a Palmeirense how good he still is.

Jefferson is world class among the best in the world. JC last year was considered one of the best in the world for the job he was doing in a team that got relegated, Fabio is a safe bet he won't give away the gold, so is Victor and Diego.

All GK have blunders that's normal. The top GKs just have fewer and also make the crosses and shots towards them seem like an easy save or cross because they simply position themselves better (which is why I don't like Cavalieri)

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Goal keepers that are always making spectacular saves a lot of times could have either cut out that cross, or have been in a position to stop the play from happening before making the spectacular save.

When people ask me about the difference in Martin Silva and the other Vasco GKs, it's 2 things. The crosses Silva makes it look like they were right to him every time, and he's a better libero.

Reflex saves? same thing.