Bravo:Rapids Actively Seeking Designated Player

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Nov 7, 2012.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The PDL side also known as the Boulder Rapids Reserve? It may be a Rapids team, but its not the reserve team that folded after 2008. The BRR folded in 2008 as well, but that wasn't due to the absence of the reserve league. And none of the Rapids GA players ever played for the BRR.

Given that, your claim of playing "with" Omar and Conor is a joke. At best you played in a scrimmage or two against a team made up of actual rostered Rapids players, in which Omar or Conor might have gotten a few minutes of play.

And this all assumes you were an actual player with the U-23s and you aren't making that up as well. Since you claim you were on the team until it folded in 2008, which one of these players are you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Rapids_U–23#Final_squad

2. There was no official affiliation...so no it does not.....

RapidStorm, jayd8888 and Jasonma repped this.
  3. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    busted. a. gut.

Stuart95, RapidStorm and Jasonma repped this.
  4. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :) i know what i've done. i have a more personal interest in street soccer and indoor soccer. when that team ended i didn't pursue anything afterwards. i never enrolled into college. that bite me in the rear end. but it's all good. i know that i've been around the rapids more than just after a match, a event. i seen there personalities in person. when i was playing for a team in the dick's leagues i met kosuke's brother. we sorta always ran into each other outside of the leauge play. i know i've spent time with them playing. i know there great real professionals they wouldn't be in the league other wise. But were at a time with a rebuild the only way to do that is to flush out what we already got. that's all i've ever tried to say. i'm sure casey and omar if went to other teams would excel maybe even so more with greater talent behind them and that's the puzzle the teams missing?

5. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    No, it most certainly is not all you've ever tried to say.

Jasonma repped this.
  6. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    My money is on his being a former BRR who wasn't on the final squad, coming here to troll us for adding to the mystique of the Curse.

Jasonma repped this.
  7. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lets try to get back to any verifiable rumors on Rapids signing a DP.

Dismemberment, you have created some world in your head.

Stuart95, Jasonma and jdub3379 repped this.
  8. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately I think dismemberment's claims may have as much credibility as rapids dp rumors.

Jasonma and BYLRPhil repped this.
  9. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mike give it the benefit of the doubt bro

10. dismemberment

dismemberment Member

Dec 10, 2007
    colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually have played some of you guys before at games and at random rapid fan gatherings.... how's pablo doing he was always the most welcoming rapids fan when i would sit at the tail gates i'd eat and hang out by my self kind of person he would always come up start a convo and i would meet a few other of you guys? but it's all good. I wonder what "east" really means.... Austrilia? Asian leagues or player? or just anywhere in Europe ? i wonder what oscar's ideal lone striker is like?