Brasileirão 2013 [R]

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Mengão86, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Who's the favorite to win this year's Brasileirão?

Poll closed Jun 1, 2013.
  1. Corinthians

25.0%
  2. Fluminense

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. São Paulo

25.0%
  4. Gremio

8.3%
  5. Atlético-MG

25.0%
  6. Santos

8.3%
  7. Flamengo

8.3%
  8. Botafogo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Vasco da Gama

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Cruzeiro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Internacional

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I think what irritates me is he jumps down the throat of anyone who dares to criticise Vickery, this is not encouraging open discussion. This amounts to agreeing with snide remarks about Brasil. I, and others, want to say what we feel about Vick the Prick without being attacked by a Brasileiro of all people. His lack of pride in Brasil is evident also, which reminds me of so many Brasilians in England who do nothing but slag off their home country whilst sucking up to and praising England & English. It is treason.

2. Jiripoca

Jiripoca Member

Jul 16, 2013
    London - Sao Paulo - Peruibe
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nonsense. It is people who kiss Gringo ass who are the problem. Vickery should be shot (NOT literally boys!)
    All the points made in the poster are ridiculous:

I`m a postgraduate, I can read, everyone hates Mondays, I`ve worked all my adult life; everyone dreams of holidays; everyone talks football like this site for example; music is not immoral it is fun; I earn a good living and have 3 homes; I vote; I talk politics; I complain when its justified, it goes on and on. If this was true then 99% of us are `the problem`. Crap.

3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Problem is Brazilians only seem to have a problem with their critics.
    Politicians represent you. That's what that post is about... They are the reflection of you.

A brazilian is willing to pay for a cop in order to get out of a ticket, a brazilian is willing to pay for the court clerk to speed up his case, a brazilian is willing to pay for the guy that stand before DUI checkpoints to drive him past the check point, a brazilian is willing to take something if he knows nobody is watching, a brazilian is willing to litter because somebody else will pick it up, a brazilian is willing to purchase something more expensive than his neighbor simply to belittle him and not for his own enjoyment (which is why companies have already picked up on that little cultural factor and up charge all products in Brazil), and most of all... all brazilian give more value to things that are from outside of the country (especially european things) than from their own backyard.

Now... when I go to Brazil i like to have cachaca.. why? cause it's the best rum I have ever had. It's sugar cane rum! tastes sweet instead of having that grain alcohol taste. I even bring 10 liters of an alambique cachaca back every time, which is aged in jabuticaba and my friends here in the US love it.

But somehow.. the popular drink in Brazil is an overpriced Whiskey of low quality... Red Label... why? because it's more expensive and i can show off by drinking it.

Worse thing!! a higher quality of cachaca (like the jabuticaba that I buy for $2 reais/liter and it's crafted) is better than shitty black label also! I can honestly say only Blue Label would actually go down as smooth, why?

I love when I go to Brazil and I get called an imperialist by people eating a hamburger drinking a coca cola and wearing a GAP T-shirt...

I go there I buy from Lojas Americanas (R$ 5 a polo shirt! can't go wrong with that)

4. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Loving Brazil doesn't mean you have to be blind to it's bullshit. I don't care who points out the bullshit, i rather have it pointed out than hidden in plain sight. Maybe then people will actually do something about it. And not that let's go to the streets and protest because the world is watching, and wear anarchists gear because it's cool and popular and we can pretend to be in the military dictatorship once again and protest.

You want anarchy? next time you get on the streets with your anarchist gear and get shot by somebody because they want your shoes, don't complain be happy that you're dying for what you believed in, that people have the right to do what they want in chaos and by force.

You want to protest? then go to your state representative's office, go to your senators office, make sure the constituents are heard make sure that guy fears losing his job on the upcoming elections. He doesn't do what you asked? Fire his ass...

ok my rant is done... Much like Brazil I have to stop everything to watch Big Brother and get ready for Carnaval.

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Enough of this discussion. I'm going to lock this thread as the season is over, the judgements have been made and we are about to start the state championships.

If you want to continue to discuss politics, here's the thread to do it.