Brasil not safe enough to host a Mundial

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by la saeta rubia, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Santista1962

Santista1962 Red Card

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Let's KISS...

...if they don't want to come, just don't come, period. I doubt many people here will lose sleep over it. We have bigger things to worry about rather than whether some team wants to come or not.

2. OWN GOAL

OWN GOAL Member

Apr 10, 2011
    AUSTRALIA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    i do not encourage the teams to participate in it,, brazil will win the trophy i believe it is fixed from now based on the history of brazil in fixing games even though Joao Havelange and Teixeira wont be around..
    coaches must not bother themselves unless their goal is to be the runner ups

3. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Conspiracy theorists.... big soccer is ripe with them.

Santista1962 repped this.
  4. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fixing games? That's rich coming from a Juve fan. And look what was just exposed in Europe...

Guigs and Santista1962 repped this.
  5. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Oh look their 2 best leagues are the 2 with the most match fixing going on... no wonder they are doing so well.

Santista1962 repped this.
  6. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    The challenges for Brazil is its civil engineering, safety and organization.

7. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    they said the same thing with south africa .....

8. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Then it wouldn't be any different

9. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Just don't wander into any favelas or get cornered by the street children and you'll be fine. :D

10. RicSanch

RicSanch Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I went to the cup in 2010 and didnt experience or see any crime...they had said the crime went down and stopped for that month that the cup was there, not all, but some...

Will that be the case for Brazil? Will Brazilians not rob/steal as much because the Cup is there?

11. Jeddy Rasp

Jeddy Rasp Member

Feb 10, 2007
    out to lunch
    ...Not to mention their national team as well....they just got beat by England....

12. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah it doesn't look good and time is running out.

13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Felipao dug up a bunch of old corpses to play this game against England. Plus all of the players from our national league have not played since Nov/Dec of last year. But honestly he took a team that needed tweaks and is trying to remodel it.

14. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I know Scolari tactics very well. He is in the same predicament as he was in 2001.He has the hardest job in the world right and it became even harder. Brazil has lost that pragmatic essence and its in a catatonic state.

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Brazil had it turned around under Mano they were beating people up over the past year. No need to throw a holy hand grenade in the team.

16. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Who exactly were they beating up on? Iraq? Egypt? Japan? Are these sides that'll test Brazil as a team? No. England's a halfway-decent team, and they did just fine against Brazil. In fact they looked infinitely more ready for 2014 than Brazil. Is it time for Brazillian fans to start hitting the panic button? For me, it is. If you think the types of performances you put in against England are typical of a World-Cup winning side, you're wrong. Any half-decent team can look good against the likes of Iraq, Japan, and Egypt, the real deal is in the matches against the likes of Argentina, Germany, France, and Brazil's senior side beat none of them recently under Manezes. Get real; Manezes was not ponies and rainbows. Nearly all the problems Brazil has currently were rooted in the Manezes era.

17. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Recorded 4 loses in 2 years as a head coach with his A team... The olympic team lost against Mexico and Argentina while they had their A squad, and lost the final at the olympics to Mexico.
    and the Superclassico team has 2 wins 1 tie 1 loss vs Argentina.

How is that bad? How many teams would like to have had the run Brazil had?

beating teams like
    US
    Ukraine
    Scotland
    Ecuador
    Ghana
    Mexico
    Bosnia
    Denmark
    Sweden
    South Africa
    Japan...

That's 11 teams which could be in the World Cup
    the 3 loses
    Germany away
    France away
    Argentina in Qatar
    Paraguay in PKs...

Oh yeah... I'm panicking over 4 loses in 2 years.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's nice, but the majority of those teams are not quality. Faroe Islands could be in the World Cup too. Let's look at the half-decent teams of those myriad of teams.
    Ecuador
    Mexico
    Ghana
    Denmark
    possibly Sweden and the US.
    4 losses
    5/6 wins against good teams. The expectations are quite high versus the results, no?

19. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Mano should of been removed after Mexico humiliated his squad in London. Scolari has experience but he hasn't been collecting any silverware in a while. Guardiola should of at least been offered the position.

20. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nationalistic tendencies in Brazil meant Guardiola had no chance. I liked what I heard of Ney Franco, the U-20 coach.

21. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    It's funny man.. because all the teams that Brazil beat get's downplayed like crazy.. oh anybody can beat that team..
    Sweden has beaten everyone pretty much.. Brazil beats them.. oh but it's sweden who cares..
    Japan? beat France and Argentina? but it was only 1 x 0 and who cares right.. Brazil did their job beating up on Japan.
    Denmark can beat the Dutch.. but Brazil did their JOB by beating them..

Double standard much?

22. axxess mundi

axxess mundi Member

Feb 4, 2013
    I forgot about Ney! He is an obvious candidate. Yeah I know the patriotism of Brazil but the tribal consciousness has to change or else they will be calling Zagallo, Parriera every 4 years. Guardiola has the Rep and made a dynasty. I'm not saying it would of been better but definitely worth the risk.

23. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Humiliated? how was that humiliated? It would be the same as saying Spain was Humiliated by the US in the last confed cup...
    Brazil pressured them the whole game, made stupid young mistakes, by young defenders... And right at the end.. they almost tied the game up.

Double Standard much?

24. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think you need to honestly assess your team. I never said anyone could beat those teams, I'm just saying more should be expected of a team that's looking to beat the likes of Spain to win the Wotld Cup.

25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Did you hit the panic button when those same teams beat up on the European "powerhouses"?

Double Standard much?