Boycott beIN Sport road qualifiers

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by USA2010?, Aug 22, 2012.

1. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh?

2. StrikerX4

StrikerX4 Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Lawrence, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously? This sucks. What's the reason behind this?

3. Bclay

Bclay Member

May 29, 2012
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. BarcaLover

BarcaLover Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Richmond, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if you have beIN sports on Comcast you won't be able to see the game till 11:30 PM EST.

Comcast is only launching the Spanish language beIN sports channel this weekend and this is the schedule I got from a Comcast rep:

Live coverage of the USA/Jamaica World Cup Qualifier game on Friday is not scheduled to be available live on the Spanish-language version of beIN that Comcast is scheduled to launch starting this week.

Below is the Word Cup Qualifying lineup for Friday, September 7 into Saturday, September 8 that is scheduled on beIN Sport en Espanol. (Times listed are ET)

4:30pm LIVE Columbia vs. Uruguay
    7:00pm LIVE Argentina vs. Paraguay
    9:15pm LIVE Peru vs. Venezuela
    11:30pm Delay: Jamaica vs. USA
    1:30am Delay: Ecuador vs. Bolivia
    3:30am Delay: Cuba vs. Honduras

5. unclesparks

unclesparks Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because it's physically available in your state doesn't mean you can get it. As it has been previously stated, many apartment/condo complexes simply do not permit it. When I lived in an apartment for a couple years they actually allowed it (surprise!), but my unit faced the south, and waaay down here in Central Florida you have to place the dish facing north (northwest?) or it won't work. So I couldn't get satellite. Probably why the complex allowed it since they knew only a handful of units faced the correct direction. I had no choice but to go with Time Warner.

I never got satellite so I can't confirm it but I hear that satellite reception isn't the best when its storming out, and we are pretty much the lightning capital of the world.

Also, certain homeowner associations don't allow things that will make the neighborhood look trashy, like satellite dishes attached to the side/front of your house. It has to be mounted in the backyard (See above issues with placement). My dad's association is particularly strict and he isn't allowed to put up a satellite period, although his neighbor got around that by camouflaging it to look like one of the boulders by his pool.

Then again, I am with you on the dropping my sorry ass cable company. I told Time Warner to take their $60 cable bill (before tax) and shove it. Everything I want to watch I can find online or through Netflix. Well, everything except sports games since they have to be livestreamed, but I only really care about soccer and NHL playoffs.

But getting back on topic, I think that the more competition there is to show soccer games the better. That's what Capitalism is all about. And its not like ESPN was showing the games anyway, even after they paid to get them. Or have you all forgotten about them preempting USMNT games for NASCAR and then not even offering it on ESPN2 (at some obscure hour) until enough people complained? If BeIN is going to actually show the games then I say good for them. The more channels there are, the more choices there are in what games to watch and the more exposure the game gets to non-soccer fans. Because I for one will not pay for PPV, even when I still had cable.

Statman repped this.
  6. StrikerX4

StrikerX4 Member

Jun 16, 2011
    Lawrence, NJ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh, this makes sense. Didn't even register to me about CONMEBOL's qualifying taking precedence.

Since the game is being shown by beIN HD elsewhere (though not on COMCAST), maybe I'll be able to get a better quality stream anyway...

7. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yup, my apartment complex only has AT&T U-Verse. I love it though and can't say my mom's Direct TV and DVR appeal to me.

8. bye_urn

bye_urn Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +100

Change is hard..even if in the long run it's better for everyone.

9. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have Directv and they just updated the guide today on channel 620 beINHD, on the past they had Good Bye Pep at 7 pm CT.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  10. Absolute

Absolute BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 18, 2007
    Green Hell
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Comcast said the channel is coming , so hopefully they'll turn it on soon. I'm not going to boycott anything related to US Soccer, sorry.