Boycott beIN Sport road qualifiers

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by USA2010?, Aug 22, 2012.

1. ATLGunner

ATLGunner Member

May 8, 2005
    Atlanta
    This anger towards beIN is the dumbest thing I've heard in my life. They've been on air for a week! Comcast will add them soon, others will follow. So we are supposed to squash a new competitor interested in American soccer because they didn't magically get every provider in their first week?

This is positive news. Comcast will likely have it in time for Jamaica. Find a bar, interact with other fans, support your team. Stop looking for self-righteousness when you have no reason to. We are the lucky ones...previous iterations of fans would kill for this. We aren't big enough to pout when everything isn't perfect.

Foolishness, twostudsup and Statman repped this.
  2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    I agree. Fans had every right to rage out at Guatemala being PPV only. This, on the other hand, is a huge step up.

If in 3 months or so BeIN has still only gotten onto DirecTV and Dish Network, then we'll have a right to complain.

3. Sebsasour

Sebsasour Member+

New Mexico United
    May 26, 2012
    Albuquerque NM
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't have the channel than do what you did when it was PPV... Watch it online. Or if you feel morally wrong about that, than I think beIN may have a paid online service. Or there are sports bars. Plus the more people that tune into to beIN the more appealing it will be for providers like Comcast and Time Warner.

tbonepat11 repped this.
  4. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Threads like this convince me that soccer fans like to bitch for the sole reason of bitching.

aegibson, ceezmad, gsryank and 1 other person repped this.
  5. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid

It's not "luck." Contrary to some whiners here, some of us have been busy giving Comcast hell on their own forum, and on Facebook, and on the phone... it ain't luck...

6. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Certainly better than shady PPV providers being in on the action, no doubt. Perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised and beIN will have a relatively smooth arrival on major cable systems, but I am pretty sure I will be watching the Jamaica match online.

7. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each and every time I talk to someone at Comcast I point out that I have many shopping channels in HD, but zero soccer channels. Some of us whiners actually whine with purpose now and then.

8. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just a turn of phrase. I've already called and emailed Charter. I don't have TV. I told them I'd subscribe to cable if they added beIN.

9. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001
    I argued in another thread prior to the Guatemala game that PPV wasn't going to advance the game either. I was rebuked. I tried to make the case ESPN should buy the game. I was again told ESPN couldn't afford it and wouldn't make money. Same with NBC Sports and Fox Soccer.

10. PANDEMONEUM

PANDEMONEUM Member

Aug 30, 2011
    Club:
    Asteras Tripolis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The new network also has rights to
    Spain's La Liga,
    Italy's Serie A,
    France's Ligue 1
    and England's second-tier League Championship.
    In addition, it has rights to South American World Cup qualifiers
    and the 2015 Copa America."

so, beIN will b wanted by more than just USA fans
    thats alot of Soccer controlled by 1 entity
    they are going to b the major providers of soccer
    and in competition with all the other sports or soccer networks

11. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They want to be in the USA what Sky is for football in England. I applaud their ambition and their taste... zBein2.jpg

BarcaLover and jond repped this.
  12. Schapes

Schapes Member

Aug 20, 2001

Why would they not want to give the rights to ESPN. It is more like ESPN didn't want to pony up.

They have the home qualifiers this cycle.

13. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So assuming BeIn will be on Comcast, it'll be in their sports package?

14. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So assuming BeIn will be on Comcast, it'll be in their sports package?

15. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I have DISH. I have this channel.

16. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank God I have Directv! :D

17. BirdsonFire

BirdsonFire Member

May 9, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My DISH package has beIN, but not GolTV. I'm happy.

18. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is sure my guess. Seeing as I have to pay this extra fee for the honor of access to a lousy picture and worse commentators on GolTV, it will be an amazing trick if the new channel can instantly get better placement.

19. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Probably. BUT, as far as I'm concerned it MUST also be included in the Latino package. If it does, there will be peace...

20. Foolishness

Foolishness Member+

Aug 15, 2012
    There was some twitter thing earlier about BeIn and comcast announcing something later this week.

Did the OP really call for a boycott? Oh noez Al Jazeera is trying to take over our soccer games, al queda has won!

I've watched a few BeIn broadcasts so far and they were done really well. I look forward to having them continue bringing coverage to the game. I mean, how great does, "No more Alexi Lawless" sound?

21. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm annoyed - but not at BeIn Sport. They shelled out the cash. Did ESPN or whomever?

BeIn sounds like they are serious about becoming one of the core channels in US soccer viewing, and buying USNT games is one way to solidify that rep. Getting other CONCACAF games is pretty sweet too. I can respect that much more than being a EuroSnob league channel. I'm sure in due time they will probably surpass FSC's minor league outfit and probably be on regular cable by the beginning of next year.

That said, I've been frustrated with my cable lately - this might be the tipping point for me considering going to a dish service.

23. Galactico 2.0

Galactico 2.0 Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Miami
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Besides being frustrated, are you giving hell to your cable company? Because, they don't know if you are just starring at the mirror looking sad... These people respond when people address them at their level... like a thug. I have been dealing with Comcast for the last week, it hasn't been pretty....

Statman and yellowbismark repped this.
  24. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is so true. You have to bully them; make unreasonable demands. You'll be surprised how far that can get you. You can easily negotiate your cable bill in half if you know what you're doing.

25. Clenbuterol

Clenbuterol Red Card

Aug 25, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    In about a year or two we will be looking back at this thread and laughing.
    BEIN is the future of soccer in America and I think it will be available to the the majority of soccer fans soon.