Box Goals being installed at Gillette

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by MLSFan123, Mar 28, 2014.

1. ktsd

ktsd Member

Jul 20, 1999
    Bethel, CT, USA
    I too would like to see Kobayashi succeed, but the jury is still out, IMO.

2. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    ...and about those box goals?

3. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mad props for Secret Asian Man! Go Daigo, Go!

4. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Box Goals, new turf, new steel doors with logo. Is this a sign of the Razor being the Rev's long range purgatory?

5. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    OK, debating the definition of exception is indeed silly, my point is: should someone who under evaluates players get a high mark when he gets a player exceeds the evaluation. I can understand some confusion if you're talking about often getting players who end up being better than their draft slot, I've used those examples, but that was to make a different point about whether someone should get credit for what I myself see as being lucky, having a player you didn't expect to do so well, exceed your expectations. Yes, if you are able to consistently get players who do better than would be expected for their draft slot, that would be tremendous, but I don't think that would happen consistently if you're constantly under evaluating players, I think that would only happen if you're consistently making more accurate evaluations than others - you wouldn't use luck to describe to a consistent trend. The reason why people are concerned about a trend of under evaluating is that if you are say often rating players a few rounds lower than they should be slotted, it's likely that you'll often end up missing out on talent you might have gotten had your evaluations been closer to the mark. Yes, everybody occasionally gets lucky, but you can't depend on luck to get you by.

6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think we agree in a roundabout, convoluted way, so let's leave it at that. :)

7. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    I have very high expectations for the Revs new box goals debut on Sat.

[​IMG]

8. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    You really shouldn't get your hopes up to see something as good as you show, the goals definitely will not be on a grass field.

9. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Curious to see if they put the new goals at both ends considering it doesn't look like a goal will be needed on whichever side the Revs are attacking.

10. D00ls

D00ls Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Maybe they'll put up the yellow goalposts used on Sundays. All the balls being fired over the top will be sure to impress the savvy owner.

Sorry.

11. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    All hail the Revs new box goals! My expectations were far exceeded. The little things do count in my opinion and this is an enhancement for our viewing pleasure.

[​IMG]

MLSinHD repped this.
  12. metoo

metoo Member+

Jun 17, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I do agree that little things count, but I wish that they would, even just once, try doing something big.

13. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The box goals are great. Now if only the revs would put the little round thing in one of them.

ktsd repped this.
  14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even while just setting up a picture, they can't put the ball in the goal (the one in the middle could still be considered slightly on the line)...

15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it depends who's reffing, if it's the England - Germany 2010 WC ref, even 6 inches beyond the line, it's still not a goal ;)

16. SeñorFutbol

SeñorFutbol Member

Feb 15, 2006
    My take:

Without GLT = Goal
    With GLT = No Goal

MLS has had their chance to be on the forefront of GLT, but they haven't jumped on it which I find disappointing. I know it's a steep investment, but I think it would add some credibility to the league that it desperately needs.

17. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States