News: Boston Magazine: The Krafts are the Worst Owners in MLS

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Mike Marshall, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to Twitter, Boston Magazine will hit newsstands in the next few days with an issue that includes an article on the Krafts' ownership of the Revolution.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I for one, will be very interested to read this. Overall, it can only be a good thing for this ownership to be exposed in the mainstream media. Our media are so provincial that they don't question the meme that "MLS sucks" just because of the way the local team is operated. Fortunately for the league, there are at least a dozen teams that are much better run.

Feldspar repped this.
  3. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Schoen on Twitter today; Martino/Boston Magazine as well. Small steps.

4. Doublecard

Doublecard Guest

I want me a copy of dat. :coffee:

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  5. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they had this in the works before MLS bought back Chivas, since Vergara was the Krafts' only competition....

6. NE till i die

NE till i die Member+

Jun 26, 2010
    Stoughton, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't wait for tomorrow

7. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Isn't it "rather...than" ?

I only nitpick because I so badly want this article to a perfect, damning indictment.

kcscsupporter and ktsd repped this.
  8. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Virginia is an overrated university.

9. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess the person who wrote that article used this Board as their source (ducking and running for cover :devilish:

10. Sachem07

Sachem07 Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Quincy
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Curious to know who you think might be the league's worst run team? MLS-owned Chivas?

11. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Kraft Out is Kyle Martino in disguise

RevsLiverpool and BrianLBI repped this.
  12. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    I'm curious to know if BK declined to be interviewed for the piece. I'll also be curious to see if the club bothers to respond at all. It would be most consistent with their MO to ignore it. What can they, in fact, say?

13. D00ls

D00ls Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
  14. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FWIW, when I was writing for RevsNet, I tried repeatedly to get either Jonathan or Robert on the record.

Those two are managed by the Revs' PR staff when it comes to interviews regarding the club. They are simply not going to be allowed to answer questions in a live setting where they could come across poorly.

And yet, by not doing interviews, they are coming across poorly. The fact that folks like Brad Feldman and Lizz Summers feel as if they'd come across worse if left to talk to certain media outlets speaks volumes, IMO.

RevsLiverpool and MLSinHD repped this.
  15. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. pwykes

pwykes Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Auburn, MA
    Excellent, though depressing, article. Well written and well researched. Pretty much confirms what the NNNs have been saying for years. Hopefully being called out the Krafts in such a public fashion will spur the Krafts to take some positive action but I won't hold my breath.

17. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very good article and from my view spot on as to what i think of the Kraft organization but unfortunately Kraft can give a rats ass what this author says and what people think of him

18. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Member+

Apr 25, 2000
    SE Mass
    Interesting that this is the most in-depth article about the Revs in a widely read publication since...ever?

cpwilson80 repped this.
  19. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    To the Krafts (spoken through a hostage-situation megaphone):

Bob....Jonathan...the value for a Boston-area franchise has to be close to $100M these days. This is a great business opportunity and you are savvy businessmen! You never know what will happen with the economy or global politics. Sell, for the love of God! Stop putting the fans (and yourselves) through this Groundhog Day of futility.

We get that soccer is not a priority for you. We promise we will never even mention the word to you again once you sell the Revs to someone for whom winning MLS Cup truly is a priority.

Now that Chivas USA is resolved, the Kraft name will be the laughing-stock of the entire league, synonymous with losing soccer played in front of empty seats at a football stadium. I don't think you want that to happen.

So please...take the money, put down the franchise and slowly back away...

nsa, ZipSix and a517dogg repped this.
  20. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is a good article, considering it's intended audience. Still, I can't help but wish it were a bit more comprehensive, as there are a number of issues I wish they'd touched on, including Fortgate.

That's all well and good... and I don't necessarily disagree, but who on Earth buys this team without having a place to play?

21. CatKeelan

CatKeelan Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well written for the most part. Definitely was much needed for the record.
    Only shocking thing was NO image of Monty!

nsa repped this.
  22. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not disagree with you, but didn't the majority owner (or outright owner?) of DC United change without a place to play?

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  23. Revs In First :)

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone who has followed this team has known this for years. Anyone who doesn't follow this team didn't care before the article and won't care after it.

24. huskydeac

huskydeac Member+

Mar 31, 2009
    Not so sure about that. MLS needs Boston area viewership. There are a lot of people in the area who think MLS is a joke because their only point of reference is the Revs. Pieces like this shed some light on the Revs being an exception to the general ambitious/forward looking nature of the league.

revolution1776 repped this.
  25. Crooked

Crooked Member+

May 1, 2005
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    I don't think that's true. This is a sports crazy area and 99% of people know who Bob Kraft is and his reputation as being a great owner of the New England Patriots. I think the headline alone will catch the eyes of many readers. Whether or not they read the whole article isn't a huge deal in my eyes. They know the product isn't taken seriously in the area and now they have a better idea of why that is.

Jon Martin repped this.