Bosnian Clubs in the Champions League / Europa League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No links bro

2. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  3. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    the Borac game today will have a stream I heard, gotta hunt that down

4. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  5. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Pathetic display from Sarajevo. How do you go down 1-2 against a club from MALTA!?

Borac Banja Luka 2-1 Celik Niksic (halftime)

Borac was down 0-1 against a 2nd league Montenegrin club. Fuck our league.

Ferhatovic repped this.
  6. Ferhatovic

Ferhatovic Member+

Aug 10, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Borac playing MUCH better than Celik. How the hell did they score??

7. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Never a fan of Borac so ******** them.

Congrats to FKS for beating an amateurish Malta club lol.

8. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    hahaha 2-2 now. Against a 2nd league club from Montenegro. How embarrassing. Our league is a total shithole.

BTW only 5 Bosniaks in FK Sarajevo's starting line-up today. Intresting...

9. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Borac surprised me. 2-2 against a somewhat amateurish Montenegrin side. Hopefully its just rust and a lack of form. I'm sure they can win in Crna Gora if they play a little better organized defense.
    Sarajevo shouldn't have conceded 1, not to mention 2, but these things happen. I'm confident of at least a 2 goal difference win in Malta.

10. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Coefficients Update....

Zeljeznicar
    Maribor: -

Siroki Brijeg
    -

FK Sarajevo
    Hibernians: 1.0

Borac Banja Luka
    Celik Niksic: 0.5

1.5/4 = 0.375

11. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    As for the games, it didn't go as well as I expected.

Red cards and penalties are always game changers and I believe that without those two decisions, Sarajevo wouldn't have won today or would have gotten a narrow 3-2 or 4-3 win at best. Thankfully their blushes are spared and they practically sealed their place in the next round. Still need to win next week for coefficients and they do need to improve ahead of the games against Levski Sofia.

Borac were even more disappointing but I'm not surprised with the result really. As Vitez said, it might have just been rust or lack of form, they didn't look so good in their friendlies lately either. They need to win in Montenegro next week to go through and I think it can be done, they outplayed Celik today but had some bad luck as well. Metalurgh Donetsk will be a difficult tie but they need to get past Celik first.

Vitez repped this.
  12. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    I always think our league is improving but then we hit a new low.

What better is our league now than the year when Zeljo played Newcastle in the CL?

Every league in the region is improving but ours. What the hell is going on???

13. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Just found out that the goals from Hibernians were both off of set pieces. Thank goodness for that, it would have been a serious problem if one of our best clubs was conceding goals from open play to Maltese clubs. Sarajevo are clearly better and will progress surely now, but they need to win next week too for those coefficient points.

I'm worried about Borac though, a home draw isn't good and it won't be easy for them to win in Montenegro. I fear they might go out when it's all said and done and that would be a big blow to our league if they go out again to an amateur side just like they did two years ago.

Vitez repped this.
  14. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Check the stats on uefa.com. Even match.

Fuck this man, I'm done with our league. I'll only focus on Zeljo and that's it. So demoralizing seeing our clubs fail hard like this.

15. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Stats don't always tell the whole story though, clearly Sarajevo were more efficient and are better than Hibernians. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the shots they had were from set pieces.

Don't give up on the league dude, it's just the first qualifying round and no one is even out yet. Don't think anyone is ready to play competitive games this early into the season, there isn't enough time to prepare for these matches but I still hope both teams win next week and move on. I have faith.

Vitez repped this.
  16. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Giving up 2 goals to a team from Malta is inexcusable. Hibernians are probably on a similar level to NK Dolina, a local village club in the Zenica-Doboj kanton.

17. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Since I have been traveling all day (just got back home), I didn't get to catch the games.

I don't know why you guys are criticizing a 5-2 performance from Sarajevo. Sure they had a poor first half from what I have read, but they have a guaranteed place in the next round now, practically. I am glad Borac Banja Luka only received a draw with 2-2 today, those Serb flags in the stadium made me so happy they didn't pick up a win at home.

18. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    We're criticizing them because they conceded two goals to a team from Malta, one of the worst footballing nations in Europe. That's inexcusable as Plavo bluntly put it.

Borac fans can do whatever they want, we get the coefficient points they win for us so last laugh is on those bitches.

19. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They were champions of the Maltian League though, weren't they? And isn't our league complete shit as well?

That is true, I just hate the nationalism people aren't afraid to show at football matches in our league, though....

20. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Our league is pretty poor but it's still a few levels above countries like Malta, San Marino, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands, etc.

Those leagues just have amateur players who play the sport part time in order to get some money for their own well being. It's really poor for one of our best clubs to be conceding two goals at home to an amateur team that plays in one of the worst leagues in Europe.

Our league is bad, but don't mistake for being as bad as the Maltese and Luxembourgian leagues.

I agree about the nationalism being a poor display and it's uncalled for at football matches, but what can you do when it's basically just a bunch of idiots who don't know anything about their country's history or culture. They're embarassing themselves, not Bosnia. I could care less about their hooliganistic shenanigans as long as they're winning coefficient points for Bosnia. When clubs like Borac and Siroki do well in Europe, I don't see it as a win for them. I see it as a win for Bosnia.

21. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  22. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Borac-Celik highlights:

Considering the whole match, Borac made some incredibly stupid and sloppy plays. I'm sure they can clean it up and get a victory in Montenegro.

Respekt repped this.
  23. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    I can't STAND that commentator. He's the worst commentator ever. Even worse than American MLS commentators.

Vitez repped this.
  24. Borac

Borac Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Hate to say it but Bozicic sucks as a coach, we need a man like Borce Sredojevic who just left Leotar.

Conceding two goals at home against an amateur team is shameful, especially since we didnt demolish them 5-2 like Sarajevo, but drew them 2-2!!

25. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Do you think you guys will still go through, Borac? Beating an amateur club is always possible, but after not winning at home and getting two players sent off along with the possibility of early season rustiness and lack of preparation, surely there will be difficulties in getting a win next week in Montenegro?

I hope you guys do for Bosnia and the cofs points, but I am thinking it will be a 2-1 loss right now.