Bosnian Clubs in the Champions League / Europa League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Fiorentina will be diving down to 11 coefficient points from 33 coefficient points next year if they fall out in the Europa League play-offs this year. One single year can make such a huge difference, like it will for BATE Borisov in the future lol.

2. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar

OMG I should have put money on this.

Btw Kukesi won 2-0 against a superior Met. Donetsk today. Impressive.

3. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Wow, honestly I hope they score a goal away, so Donetsk will have to score 4 goals at home lol. If Kukesi wins, it could justify FKS' loss somewhat, and I like tiny nations prospering. :p

Oh, and Botev Plovdiv 1 - 1 Stuttgart. Ibisevic made the goal for Stuttgart.

4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Siroki Brijeg aren't embarrassing themselves like I expected, congrats to them.

Bicewanger repped this.
  5. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Spoke too soon lol.
    3-0.

Sudžuka repped this.
  6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    haha, I actually expected worse

7. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    I like the way their players think and their passing. Think they'll be a rough opponent of Zeljo this year along with Olimpic, and possibly Celik.

8. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    results:
    1-3 in Bosnia
    4-0 in Italy

And that's the way the cookie crumbles.

9. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Daddy!, boy did I speak too soon. This video will hunt their goalie forever.

Bicewanger repped this.
  10. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Since our clubs haven't been doing well enough and the league's ranking has been sinking steadily, the winner of the cup of Bosnia and Herzegovina will not be starting out in Europa League Q2, but now will be starting out in the Q1 instead.

11. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Well, we got more coefficient points for this summer (1.500) than we did for last summer (1.250) but that's not saying much. Sarajevo were a complete embarrassment and have even more regret now seeing that they could have beaten Metalurg and even Trabzonspor if they were at the level of their past teams, like last year or the 2009 heroes for example.

Zeljeznicar did well even if they lost. A 6-4 aggregate defeat to a team like Plzen is hardly a disaster, esp. in comparison to their past European campaigns in recent years like the Maribor debacle. Only problem for Zeljo is that they face a team that always ends up making CL/EL group stage which shows just how strong their opponents are and what kind of bad karma they have with these draws. If they could get a rub of the green for once, they could make a better impact in the CL qualifiers and go farther than the Q2 for once.

Zrinjski wasn't that good but their campaign went as expected when considering that they were a midtable team last season and didn't deserve to be in Europe. Siroki held their own for the most part against Udinese so not many regrets there. Only regret on their part is that they couldn't save at least a draw in Kazakhstan for some extra coeff. points.

Hopefully we'll see our best teams in Europe next summer and no type of Zrinjski situation again. I hope to see Zeljeznicar, Olimpic, and two of Sarajevo/Siroki/Celik. Next summer could be make or break in Europe for our league's future in the next few years. We'll need our clubs to perform better or the league's standing in the European ranking system will fall gradually lower. Possibly even lower than the likes of Albania and Kazakhstan.

12. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    dude how do you have the energy to type so much about a amateur league?

13. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    I was bored.

Nah really, it's because I care so much about all aspects of our country's football, especially now that we're a bit more established and we have tools to invest and improve it even more. All we need is the interest but if people question why someone would care or put any time into our league, then we'll just continue the way we are now and we'll only get worse every year. That type of mindset is very dangerous for long term planning. No offense to you, but that comment is not something I want to see from someone who is as genuinely interested in the league as I am.

Sudžuka, DadoIsNumeroUno and BHF repped this.
  14. Bicewanger

Bicewanger Member+

May 10, 2013
    Ada boy! :p

I used to worry much more about the NT and little of the league until recently when the NT are mighty certain of their very first world cup. Not that I'm not excited about it, but I don't worry about them because they'll do just fine.
    It is especially exciting in the league for me right now, because Olimpic has probably never been this strong, they've been near this all along but never there, now there is a chance that they even get the title if the circumstances are right, and they just absolutely have to get to Europe now so that money can start rolling in and help them.

15. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, I care about our league a lot and want it to continue improving, albeit it is improving very slowly. Also, similar to Daddys' situation, my favorite team, Velez, is off to a good start (and this year, I think they are for real), and I try and watch as much as possible. I hope more and more people come out and support the bigger teams, make the atmoshere better, make the league more exciting. Also, the World Cup money will be a huge boost towards the league. Hopefully facilities, stadium, locker rooms, etc. improve, which could then, in turn, improve the league's quality.

But yeah, I'll definitely begin to post more about our league, as I once did when it had a subforum.

Bicewanger repped this.
  16. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    Rijeka made it to EL lol and no team from BiH again >< when?

Zeljo played well tho that GK screwed everything up

DadoIsNumeroUno repped this.
  17. DadoIsNumeroUno

DadoIsNumeroUno Member+

Nov 13, 2011
    Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    to be fair Rijeka is light years ahead of Zeljeznicar

18. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I bet Zeljeznicar wold beat Rijeka by two goals if they played tomorrow.

19. .Azulgrana.

.Azulgrana. Red Card

Aug 2, 2012
    Look at the comparisons for the 2013/14 summer qualifiers.

Croatia's coefficients in qualifying: 3.125
    Serbia's coefficients in qualifying: 2.500
    Slovenia's coefficients in qualifying: 2.250
    Bosnia's coefficients in qualifying: 1.500

Two Croatian clubs (Dinamo and Rijeka) and one Slovenian club (Maribor) made it to the Europa League group stages as well. Vojvodina and Partizan also made it to the EL playoff round but just went out after losing away from home in the second legs of their ties. Our clubs did nothing of note, really.

Also look at the UEFA League Rankings that were updated recently for 2014:

Prva Liga HNL - 21st
    Serbian SuperLiga - 25th
    Slovenian Prva Liga - 32nd
    BiH Premijer Liga - 34th

Improvement is a must.

Bicewanger repped this.
  20. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sucks to see that we're the lowest ranked of the four major exYu teams, but we are the 2nd best NT of the four.

Bicewanger repped this.