Bosnian Clubs in the Champions League / Europa League

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Alright, it might be a bit early but sooner or later we will be rooting for all the Bosnian clubs in the CL and EL. As usual, our coefficient lets us have one team in the Champions League this year and they get through to the Second Qualifying Round. The second and third placed teams get to g to the Europa League (they both go to the First Qualifying Round). Finally, the 2011-12 Kup winner gets to start off in the EL's Second Qualifying Round. The qualifying begins on July 3-4 for the CL and July 5 for the EL. What are your guys' predictions for who will make t to Europe and how do you think we will do? Here are mine:

Champions League:

Zeljeznicar (1st place in the League)

Velez Mostar (Winner of the Kup)

Europa League

Sarajevo (2nd place in the league)

Siroki Brijeg (3rd place in the League)

I think we will fair pretty well. Maybe we can get our Europa league teams through to the second round and the league winner, I say, will get to the third qualifying round and the Kup winner ends their life in 2012-13 Europe in their first play-off. I am really hoping for the best though and maybe one of our Sarajevo teams can pull off a surprise and get to the play-off rounds of their respective leagues... Post your predictions here, as well as all match discussion. HAJMO BOSNA!!!!

2. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I swear we only have one team in CL. AKA boraf last year?. Anyway we always uck ass against Israeli teams but zeljo can pull off an APOEL.

3. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Well, you started a thread like this on March 15 last year on 24-7. Plus Vitez said it was OK.

And if you include the Kup qualifier, it's two in the CL, buddy. I already explained in the opening post as well.

4. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    [​IMG] Oopsy doopsy Mr. Poopsy

5. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  6. Dizdar

Dizdar Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
  7. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  8. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Most teams will do good in qualifying but will get eliminated late.

But let's be honest, none of our teams are going anywhere if we continue getting the worst draws possible. Two years in a row we got the toughest draws from anyone else trying to qualify (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Maccabi Haifa).

In WC 2010 and EC 2012, we got the worst possible draws, Portugal twice. The bad luck never ends with us.

I actually think Zeljo's starting lineup is not much worse if at all than APOEL, we're just extremely unlucky.

9. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Let me guess, nogomet voted for the "No one will advance from the round they start in" option?

:D

But yeah, Zeljeznicar has definitely been affected by the bad luck in draws. It can't always happen though, and I am thinkning this year you guys will get some easier opponents, especially in the earlier rounds of qualifying.

10. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    In order for there to be balija telepathy, there needs to be another balija besides me to do it. : p

11. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Like Zeljo said.. All depends on the draw. But come on guys its Bosnia! We gotta play good teams.

12. Sarajevsko Pivo

Sarajevsko Pivo Member+

Oct 14, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    If Zeljo only could make it to the CL groups.. I'd be the happiest Balija on the world.

13. Blue Soldier

Blue Soldier Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol opened the thread on 3/17... hopefully we get the luck of the irish for the draws. :D:D

14. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    or the luck of dzekos birthday ( yester day ) and my birthday (today)

15. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I don't want Velez in the EL if you predict them to be as bad as they are. I feel Olimpic, Siroki, Sarajevo and Zeljo would do well in Europe. BTW, at what stage do we get 2 CL teams and 4 EL teams?

16. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Velez aren't so bad, they are good in the Kup. Plus we have been missing Tarik Ceric, a key player, for some while now. He would be back by the time Europe starts and if we were there he would definitely have an impact.

17. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Are you looking to buy any new players (foreign)?

18. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No, there isn't anything I have heard about going after any foreign players.

19. Spaha17

Spaha17 Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Who else voted 1 or more? Me and...?

20. bhnogomet1

bhnogomet1 Red Card

Oct 6, 2011
    banned
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Zeljo will drop down into the group stages I predict.

21. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    At the moment, this is how our roundup of team in Europe would look if the BIHPL would finish the seasn today:

Champions League - Zeljeznicar

Europa league - Siroki Brijeg, Sarajevo , ??? (Kup winner)

22. Blue Soldier

Blue Soldier Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    these are the teams i think will make europe:

cl = Sarajevo
    el = Zeljo, Velez, Borac

imho, most teams will do good in qualifying but will get eliminated late. dont think any teams from BIH will make this year. i think itll only take a couple of years for a team to do well in the qualifying and make it to cl and el. :cool:

23. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sooo even though Zeljo has an 11 point advantage and is riding a 12 game winnng streak you still think Sarajevo will finish in first? :eek:

silly pitar.

24. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Sorry man... I think its going to be Zeljo in CL; Borac, Siroki, Velez in EL.

25. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Siroki win today, keeping their EL spot. The other two European spot teams in our League, Zeljeznicar and Sarajevo, play their matches tomorrow. And we also should not forget about the Europa League spot that the Kup brings... the semifinal return legs are going to be played on April fourth, this upcoming Wednesday. I am still sticking with my prediction of Velez Mostar winning it all this year. Our players should be extra motivated in the Kup, as it is our last glimmer of hope for getting to Europe. Although it doesn't help we are 1-0 down to Siroki Brijeg, already. Nonetheless, I am still hopeful and thinking we can steal a victory on Wednesday, as is the rest of the Red Army!!! :D

And, as things stand, the spots would go to -

CL - Zeljo

EL - Siroki Brijeg
    EL - Borac Banja Luka

Kup EL spot - ???