The Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 8, 2011.

1. 108thLegendary

108thLegendary Member+

Apr 8, 2006
    I thought Pacers - Hawks game would be close but thought Pacers would win by few points but wow Hawks beat them - now two next games are in Atalanta ... Pacers could be in trouble if they fail the next game.

I didn't think Warriors could beat Clippers in their first game since they are missing Bogut ... Wondering is Blake all about points and style but when it comes to playoffs/crunch time he can't deliver.

Glad Nets won but Tele's shot wasn't falling. ><

2. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Blake had foul trouble , as did Paul that game was very weird all around, I expected the Hawks to shock the pacer however im pretty sure the pacers will take it in 7 ,the hawks just dont have enough firepower, Joe Johnson and Pierce carried the nets today

3. PlavoSarajevo

PlavoSarajevo Member+

Mar 23, 2012
    San Jose
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    What do you mean? He hit two clutch 3's at the end but he did have a few key turnovers if that's what you mean.

Warriors played small ball to perfection. We would have had a much smoother 4th quarter if Igoudala didn't foul out. If we're going to win this series we're going to need Barnes to start making that wide open 3 he keeps getting and for guys like Green, Speights, and O'neal to bring their A game.

4. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yes he hit this but those kind of turnovers and missed free throws are not Chris Paul , he seemed pressured with Blake out

5. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Also yes the chaotic small ball seems to benefit the warriors , a chippy game with lots of fouls and stops in action play into the warriors gameplan

6. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Its ********ing ridiculous how many calls the heat get, I swear breathing too hard on a Miami player is a foul.

7. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    4 free throw attempts for the Bobcats, compared to the Heat's 16

8. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Superstars get those calls all day , no matter what team it is

9. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

Miami played like shit for 3 quarters and the referees kept them in the game calling a foul every other play and stopping our rhythm. Miami only got hot in the fourth quarter.

10. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man, Dallas chocked big time today. Had a double digit lead in the fourth and then just stopped defending and couldn't make a shot. Even if they had managed to win it, Spurs would have won the series, but this might end up being a sweep now.

11. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #2036 trts, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    Blazers win on the road in OT against the Rockets. Great game. So many runs by both teams.

Related to this, just found this clip on another board. It's worth watching the whole thing. What he does at 9:03 is the best of all. :D

12. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Not many of your picked Portland to go through and that kind of surprises me considering the kind of momentum they were going into the playoffs with. And they usually have a balanced scoring output from all of their guys, I really do like them as the underdog

13. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They only have LA and DL who can really score , I don't expect them to average 45 and 30 pppg respectively

14. BosnianPapiChulo

May 8, 2013
    Calgary
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    They're not going to, but they have consistent scorers. They could put up 130 and have nobody with more than 25. That's scarier than a team that only has one guy who puts up 30-35 a game.

15. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Besides Lillard and Aldridge the entire team is jump shooters who often go missing , that's not a recipe for success in the playoffs , its a slow grind , size strength and depth matters , dwight will wear them down

16. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    two enormous games tonight with Clips and the Warriors as well as memphis vs OKC, Im predicting a very tough OKC win and a convincing Clippers win , @ABiH12 any thoughts

17. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    OKC by 10+. Clippers should come out angry after shooting themselves in the foot. Think they win. Not sure about the amount though.

18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    No one on Memphis can guard KD (nor any other player in the league) and Westbrook as he's just too quick even if they put Tony Allen on him. Randolph and Gasol just won't make as big a difference as KD and Westbrook would points wise especially when Ibaka can score 10+ himself so I see Memphis winning one game tops if not a clean sweep outright.

Pressure is on the Clippers to win tonight, they can't afford to go down 0-2 going up to Oakland which, next to OKC, has the best homecrowd/atmosphere in the league bar none. This might work in the Dubs favor especially if the Clips start pressing.

19. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Man OKC struggling to hit a shot

20. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Grizzlies just grind all night , those big men are amazing, Durant just had a ridiculous 4 pt play

BH Fanatico and ABiH12 repped this.
  21. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Perkins you fnck head where was that type of clutch play when you were a Celtic

22. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    lol Perkins is the Vrsajevic equivalent in basketball

ABiH12 repped this.
  23. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Easily. Im shocked that they lost like that tonight. Westbrook is too reckless and careless. Dont think you can win a title with him. He can literally shoot you out of game. Horrible shot selection

24. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Barkley was talking about that , he takes things personally and gets more aggressive on offense , but no point guard should take 28 shots especially with KD on the same team

ABiH12 repped this.
  25. ABiH12

ABiH12 Member+

Sep 18, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Its honestly terrifying to watch. If Im his teammate no lie I would be extremely pissed if my touches were limited and my teammate who happens to be the best player in the NBA at the moment had less touches as well. Coach needs to fix that before they lose in the first round to a Memphis team that can grind games out like that any night.