Borussia Dortmund 2013-2014 General Discussion Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How Will Borussia Dortmund Do In The 2013-2014 Bundesliga Season?

1. BVB will take back the title from Pep's Bayern team!

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. BVB will finish in second place by a huge margin again.

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  3. BVB will finish in second place by a close margin.

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. BVB will finish in third place, still making the CL.

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. BVB will finish in fourth place. Go into CL qualifying.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. BVB will finish between fifth or sixth, making the Europa League.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BVB will finish between seventh and tenth place.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. BVB will be finish between eleventh and fifteenth place. (Really?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. BVB will be in the relegation playoff. (Really?)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. BVB will be relegated. (Are you f#cking kidding?)

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  11. I don't know. I just want the season to start!

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Do you guys think perhaps Miki and Auba both would play better if they had Gundogan-Bender behind them? Even though that's not an excuse for the missed sitters and awful performances (especially today damn..)

2. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If we can't score then we could have at least keep it tight in defense. Yet we basically gave them two goals (Miki's and Piszczek's afwul mistakes)... That just CANNOT happen on this level. Yet it did. This just wasnt meant to be, Real didnt even have to struggle to get their goals and thats painful.

chewz repped this.
  3. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  4. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. Kais3r

Kais3r Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This has been the Dortmund way for a few years now.

I can remember this pattern from over 3 years ago in the Uefa Europa Leauge. Dortmund played great even then but lost nearly all their games due to silly mistakes in their own third and misplaced passing. The same thing happened in the CL two years ago. And it's happened often since then.

Truely unacceptable, and i would say Klopp should possibly change their approach to trying to apss their way out of the box, but in all seriousness it just rubbish passing/dribbling from the players IMO.

6. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep.......

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You answered your own question.........

8. Gundogan92

Gundogan92 Member+

Apr 13, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    [​IMG]
    Nice:cool:

Next:
    Bayern (A)
    Mainz (H)
    Leverkusen (A)
    Hoffenheim (H)
    Hertha (A)

It won't be easy, but every advantage in this period of the season is valuable.

Vlad S. repped this.
  9. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Our TOP3 spot is secure - 15 points left to take, 10 point advantage over the fourth place. No way in hell we are losing our TOP3 spot.

2nd place will be a tough battle, I can see us losing next week to Bayern and Schalke winning. That would make us go equal on points with them.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We will still hold the advantage because of goal difference.

11. PolishDortmund

Dec 16, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I dont see us winning all four remaining games though.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I dont see Schalke winning all those either. I just hope drawing them doesn't come back to haunt us. It is imperative that Bayern don't do the double on us. We have to beat them....especially if they are through in the CL while we aren't.

13. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    [quote=" I just hope drawing them doesn't come back to haunt us. It is imperative that Bayern don't do the double on us. We have to beat them.....[/quote]

Alas, I think you are in for some disappointment

14. DortmundXXX

DortmundXXX Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Top 3 is secured, Gladbach are 10 points behind. No way they are gonna catch us. Let's hope next season will go better.

15. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    We'll probably lose at Allianz Arena but we should be winning the other games. With no Champions league football anymore, the players will be able to fully concentrate on these matches. We should be beating Mainz at home. No excuses. Leverkusen have been poor for months and have a rookie coach. Hoffenheim suck defensively and we are at home so we gotta win that. Hertha have been awful in the Rueckrunde and have been poor in their home games all season ...... we should be picking up the three points there.

16. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It wouldn't shock me if you all win next weekend.

17. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Dortmund are playing like sh*t at the moment. As decent as the second half against Vfl was, Wolfsburg should have scored 3 or 4 in the first half to kill off the game. And we got lucky with the keeper mistake.

It could get ugly in Munich (for Dortmund fans any way). I predict we will finish behind S04 this year.

18. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My opinion...

I dont think you give your team as much credit as they deserve.

Bayern first team players looked almost bored with the BL, which was maddening.

19. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, sorry, but you don't have a frickin' clue here. BVB deserves every bit of criticism they get right now. I don't think they get enough criticism. Too many love to make excuses for some of the players & Klopp.

Bayern should be bored with the Bundesliga. They f#cking won it already. Sorry. No sympathy that they don't care about your hope of going undefeated. I don't blame them one bit. Their BL job is done.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  20. Kirsten19

Kirsten19 Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Newport Beach, CA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    http://www.11freunde.de/nachrichten/eintracht-frankfurt-meldet-u23-team-ab

Its an interesting news that Eintracht Frankfurt will not field a U23 team next season.

So their youngsters either make it to the pro team or play in A-Jugend BL. Anything in between will be sold or out of contract.

MAy not be a bad thing since some young players may have better future elsewhere or playing in more competitive 3BL/2BL games than staying in the reserve

Leverkusen n HSV may follow, due to other reasons

But for Dortmund, is fielding a U23/reserve team good for the youngsters? I see players like Ginczek has made a godo pro career since he has left Dortmund A-Jugend, was the silver boot in 2BL last season n this season he is always a first team regular when he's healthy n played well.

Ducksch is stuck. Dortmund may bring in two veteran/more experienced n proven strikers, given the fact that Klopp doesnt like to alter too much on his rotation (unless injuries), Ducksch doesnt seem to have much chance as a 3rd striker. Since he is too old to play for A-Jugend team already, if there isnt a reserve team for him to waste his talent there, maybe a permanent move to a mid-table or smaller club in 1BL will do him good instead of wating his time in reserve team.

For teams like Bayern n dortmund, 90% of their players cant make the pro team, without a reserve team may force them all to play in earlier at pro level elsewhere. Cant see that hurts

Hard to imagine Lahm n Kroos could hv the same achievement if they didnt leave Bayern for a loan.

21. Manolara21

Manolara21 New Member

Apr 7, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hi guys, new member from Australia. Been a Dortmund fan since the Barrios days. I don't get much exposure to Bundesliga, but I do what I can.

Anyway, with regards to the Mkhitaryan issue, to me it seems like it is a confidence problem. We have seen him play very well at times and other times he struggles. Does it mean it's a fluke when he does something good? Of course not.
    That is why I think it is a confidence issue with him.

He seems talented enough but something is holding him back. Might even be his attitude. When he scores a goal or assists, the other players don't seem to celebrate with him as they do when someone else does. This would of course affect chemistry on the pitch.

Added with the fact that he is not used to this league, even though he has been here 6+ months, I would give him time. Our scouts, technical team and Klopp wouldn't go out and spend such a large amount on someone they don't have faith in.

22. Nick (SATVLog)

Feb 15, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The hope is that Duksch can be loaned out for experience.... Dortmund already have signed Ji and will add a new striker in the window, and havy Auby as the 3rd option...I never understood why Dortmund sold off some of their better young talents instead of just loaning them out for 2 seasons

23. chewz

chewz Member+

Sep 13, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Welcome to the boards, hope you stick around.

Playmakers typically take a bit more time to adjust to a new team imho. Add to that, that Miki was never a playmaker and now he has the pressure of replacing Gotze. Some games he does well and can combine beautifully especially with Reus and Lewy. I'm not sure if he has the vision for a playmaker, but sometimes its there, I just don't think that even his playmaking can help out has-no-touch-Aubameyang, or can't-finish-Scheiber, or a work-horse like Kuba. I think his problem is simply putting together consistent performances. He doesn't seem to fold under pressure as he was great against Scheisse (Schalke), and Napoli. I don't know maybe it is confidence, maybe if his first few touches go bad and he loses the ball, he has trouble growing into the game and he can't dictate play as effectivily. IMHO Klopp should ask him to play deeper in more of a 4-3-3 shape as others suggested.

24. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gotze was very skilled at hold-up play by dribbling and slowing down the tempo that allowed the other attackers to run into space. Perhaps the most important thing last year was his chemistry with Reus. They just inherently knew where the other was. They were able to forge that over the course of a season. Of course, this also takes into account the solid midfield base we had in Gundogan and Bender.

If you add up the key passes generated by our players last year it is quite a bit higher than what we have this year. We had the right mix of direct play and creativity along with high pressing and containment. We no longer have that. I firmly believe that if we had Gotze in the final, there's no way we would have lost against Bayern. We'd still have conceded 2 goals but we'd have scored more than them.

25. SgtPepper23

SgtPepper23 New Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Manchester, United Kingdom
    Club:
    Manchester United FC