BOOT (defects and damages) - Show your pics!

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Rubix, Aug 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enxienty

Enxienty Member

Jul 29, 2008
    I have 2 Vapor 7's with broken studs, will i get a voucher for them if i do not have the original box for them?

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I dont think they will be too fussed about the box provided you have proof of purchase. Contact Nike and explain the problem and see what they say.

appleCORR

3. Morl01

Morl01 Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How long until I should think about getting these replaced? They are the clash edition vapor 8's. I'll keep using for as long as I can but pretty disappointed since it's the first time I've forked out a lot of money for boots.
    [​IMG]

4. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would just wait and see how long they will last, you have 2 years anyway.

5. yunz

yunz New Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    power. :(

6. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Well well well....mine has got to break the record! Check these broken diadora brasil classico out below.

I was walking on the field and I heard the flapping sound and wow next thing I saw was the cracked sole plate and missing piece (see the right one below with tape). Badly cracked and I had no choice but to use tape to hold it as this was the only pair I brought along with me to the game.

I haven't worn this pair in a long time and tbh, it is a good pair of boots and I love it but well, RIP. No way to fix it as I couldn't find the missing pieces! It served me well when I used it back then and it was a pair given to me when I played for a club some 3-4 years ago.

It is the first time ever that I have a boot that broke in this horrible (and un-fixable) manner. The others were just sole coming apart from the upper, that's about it.

Before I brought it out there were crack lines but I didn't know it would really crack up and split when I used it for the game!

Posted this in the "Picture of your boots" thread but thought I'd x-post it here since this is a thread for defects and damages!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking to get another pair of the same boot though but it IS really hard to find one in size 4. Its an old model and most sites I've seen are sold out on the pair.

Mercurial4991 repped this.
  7. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    WOW!!! those are awfully made! You going to try and get your cash back?

appleCORR

8. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Nah, it is an old pair of boots dated 4 years ago, given by the club which I used to play/train with back then :) I don't think Diadora would take claims for such an old boot, would they?

9. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Probably not - but they still shouldn't do that unless the sole plate has become brittle because you have had the, for so long and maybe not worn them loads?

appleCORR

10. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like they were exposed to something they shouldn't have been in the storage process if they're as old as he says. Extreme heat maybe? I don't know but I can't imagine that's the result of natural wear and tear.

11. vanjory

vanjory Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Singapore
    Yes, apple, you are right, I have not worn them in the last 1 year or more, prior to wearing it in the friendly match last week. Little did I know this part about soccer boots is that if you do not wear them for a long time, their sole plate would end up like this...now I do know!

ejgrownarseman - I have placed them in a plastic storage box in my house's storeroom. I doubt it has anything to do with it because the same thing did not happen to my other pair of boots that are in there too. Btw, I'm a female :) fyi.

12. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I've never had anything like that happen with sole plates but i know if its been a while since ive worn leather boots the leather can be all stiff and dry even though ive taken good care of them when i did wear them on a regular basis.

appleCORR

13. ejgrownarseman

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, that actually happened to my Maracanas. They have a similar sole plate to those ones, so I hope it doesn't happen to them. I do wear them somewhat often and make a point to put some leather food on them, though.

14. x67mustangfb

x67mustangfb Member

Jul 17, 2012
    I had a pair of nike ctr mastri Elites. The sole plate cracked and i was pretty bummed. Nike took good care of me though! Gave me full retail for them.