News: Bom Senso F.C.

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Hill Giant, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I love how this movement never gets into specifics. Is Globo going to fix the pitches? Can globo shrink the country so players don't travel so much? Will Globo provide organizational and business skills to the clubs? And I bet Globo can change how violent Brazilian soceity is lol. And we all know Globo is responsible for fixing the locker rooms too.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  3. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I do hope Serie A goes into a strike, I'm 100% with the players on this, people don't realize that a lot of the role players they get treated like shit.

4. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    The response players are getting from Brazilians on the Bom Senso FC, judging solely by globo.com viewers, has been really negative.

Most complaining that these athletes make too much to begin with and are at the end of their careers that's why they are making this Bom Senso FC up.

When the reality is that it is kind of the only way for them to do this at the end of their careers when they can speak up and not be afraid of reprisals by the clubs. Also the ones that makes the most money are really the only ones who have the power to make that change.

Brazilians are as jealous as ever man...

5. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Sem Paulo André, Fernando Prass ganha espaço como porta-voz do Bom Senso FC - http://t.co/bHZYrV0Jx1

Now Guigs is going to be supportive of Bom Senso more than ever :p

6. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
  9. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    #34 NotreDameFlamengo, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
    I generally agree with your views on the subject, but you can't compare it or model it after any european country due to the size differences. In the US the only working multiple level sport is baseball, but thats only because 1 organization funds all their respective teams at all the levels. For Football and basketball, there are a shit load of smaller leagues throughout the country, but they aren't connected in any way.

The costs are just way to big for 4 or 5 true divisions. And you run into a mess when trying to further break these divisions down in regions.

10. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Taken from the article:

"The group will propose the creation of Serié E, with around 400 clubs competing, on a regional basis, for the title. (...) Ongoing studies are so specific that withdrawals were made up of mileage - Treze, Serié D Champion, traveled 39,000 km in 2013, and by the change that is being proposed would have traveled 30,000 kilometers at most."

11. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Yeah I saw that on the article, I do wonder if they will make Serie C and Serie D more worth a while for clubs, a lot of the clubs are completely desolate when it comes to competing on Serie D.

It would 100% make sense to have
    Serie A - 20 teams
    Serie B - 20 teams
    Serie C - 40 teams
    Serie D - 120 teams
    Serie E - 400 teams

That would be 600 teams participating.

Also the whole thing about the costs necessary to put these people at work while high, it wouldn't be able to be a copy of another system like the Italian one, I was just citing an example of how many tiers they have. Brazil is huge and their league pyramid has to reflect that.

Hill Giant repped this.
  12. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I was reading the comments, on different sites over the articles for Bom Senso FC right now, most people seem to be very against them. It's a complete mis-understanding of their position. I see 95% + of the comments it's all about they shouldn't be getting paid so much to begin with, they only work 5-7 times a week, they are spoiled and pampered, they should received minimum pay to do what most would do for free etc..

Sports caveman... i guess they exist all over the world..

14. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, and also people asking Bom Senso to resolve or speak about things that aren't related with the movement's goal. For example: the fight in court between Portuguesa and Fluminense.

15. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Projeto quer aumentar o número de times da Série D do Campeonato Brasileiro e a transformação dos estaduais em Copas

Proposta de calendário do Bom Senso FC para o Brasileirão

Série A (mesmos moldes atuais)
    - 20 times
    - 38 jogos (turno e returno)
    - 4 equipes se classificam à Libertadores
    - 4 equipes caem para a Série B

Série B (mesmos moldes atuais)
    - 20 times
    - 38 jogos (turno e returno)
    - 4 melhores equipes sobem para a Série A
    - 4 piores equipes caem para a Série C

Série C
    - 4 grupos divididos em 12 equipes cada (48 times)
    - Mínimo de 34 jogos / Máximo de 38 jogos
    - 4 melhores equipes sobem para a Série B
    - 4 piores equipes caem para a Série D

Série D
    - 12 grupos de 12 equipes cada (144 times)
    - Mínimo de 32 jogos / Máximo de 38 jogos
    - 12 equipes sobem para a Série C
    - 36 equipes são rebaixadas para a Série E

Série E
    - Torneio regionalizado
    - 36 grupos de 12 equipes (432 times)
    - Mínimo de 22 jogos / Máximo de 34 jogos
    - 36 melhores equipes sobem para a Série D

Bom Senso FC x CBF (média de jogos por ano)

Série A - Mínimo de 43 / Máximo de 76 (Bom Senso) - Mínimo de 55 / Máximo de 85 (CBF)
    Série B - Mínimo de 43 / Máximo de 60 (Bom Senso) - Mínimo de 55 / Máximo de 71 (CBF)
    Série C - Mínimo de 43 / Máximo de 60 (Bom Senso) - Mínimo de 33 / Máximo de 57 (CBF)
    Série D - Mínimo de 44 / Máximo de 72 (Bom Senso) - Mínimo de 23 / Máximo de 49 (CBF)
    Série E - Mínimo de 43 / Máximo de 76 (Bom Senso) – Não possuí
    Estadual – Mínimo de 6 / Máximo de 8 (Bom Senso) - Mínimo de 15 jogos / Máximo de 19 (CBF)

Lucas... and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  16. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Serie C: 4 move up to B, 4 drop to D
    Serie D: 12 move up to C?

This will work, how?

17. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ever since paulo andre left to china the movement has been extremely quiet. I want to give these guys more time off and not have 2 games per week during the brasileirao but you can't finish a state championship like the Paulistao with 8 games max, that is retarded. So either abolish the state championships or don't change them, there really is no compromise to be had. State Championships > Copa do brasil.. The copa do Brasil is also extremely unfair to the smaller teams and if they really wanted to make it better it would be a single elimination. This would greatly reduce the number of games for big teams and also give the smaller teams a better chance to pull an upset. I understand why people don't like the state championships especially in minas and porto Alegre but the Paulistao and carioca have actually improved this year and have always been interesting.

18. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I liked the calendar.

I completely disagree. It's worse year after year.

19. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    #45 Emperor Adriano, Mar 18, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
    6 dates is stupid for the state championships. If you choose to have the state championships they need to have at least 10 to 12 dates. I mean Vasco and corinthians have no libertadores and are still getting their ass kicked in the Carioca and paulistao so it is obviously competitive. People don't show up to games regardless in Brazil, people always act like it's just for the state championships. If they are going to limit it to 6 to 8 dates they should just eliminate it completely, it is common sense. Plus the Nordeste is actually a significant success which isn't important to the Rio/Sao Paulo bubble but you know they at least get crowds for those games..

20. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  21. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I still dont understand how in Serie C: 4 teams drop to Serie D every year.
    But in Serie D: 12 teams rise to Serie C every year.

Makes absolutely no sense to me. That's a net addition of 8 teams to Serie C every year. Its gaining 4 from Serie B but losing 4 to Serie B. Gaining 12 from Serie C, but losing only 4 to Serie D. And nowhere do they explain how that works.

22. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm also very curious how teams will initially classify for Serie C, D, and E in the first year this would be launched.

23. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This looks strange to me too. But all the rest has my support.

24. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I'm all for it also. It has been a long time coming.