News: Bom Senso F.C.

Discussion in 'Brazil: Clubs and Competitions' started by Hill Giant, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Currently here in Brazil is happening a movement of soccer players demanding changes in Brazilian football. Among claims is reducing the number of games throughout the season (as well as some other changes in the schedule), and the establishment of financial fair play in the clubs of the Championship with punishments for those who do not meet the requirements. The name of this movement is Bom Senso F.C. ("Common Sense F.C.") and now has over 1000 supporters among players.

Those interested to know more about here it's a article presenting the movement in his general aspects (text in portuguese): http://capitalismoemdesencanto.wordpress.com/2013/11/04/bom-senso-f-c-e-a-alegria-do-povo/

Observation: I started this thread because I don't found any discussion about this subject.

celito repped this.
  2. Ribo_2006

Ribo_2006 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Uk
    Intresting, I hope the movement is a success. I'm in agreement that financial fair play should come into effect, a lot of corruption involved, and money going to people it shouldn't, third parties etc, etc.

The season is ridiculously long, as discussed many a time, the state championships just aren't that important for the bigger sides. The financial gains are far from great, attendances are low, and the intrest just isn't their.
    One main league, then lower division structure etc would be much better.

Hill Giant repped this.
  3. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'd really like to see the change in the calendar. The State championships have to change.

And maybe Pele' should support the cause even though he may find it hard for things to change instead of being pessimistic. E' incrivel como o Pele' ... ou Edson Arantes do Nascimento ... quem quer que esteja falando, so' da bola fora.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea financial fair play is working great in Europe right? Tim vickery said this year that we would see a bigger difference between the haves and have nots in the brasileirao.., parity still rules in the lg look at Corinthians, Sao Paulo, Flamengo, ect. If you put in financial fair play in the European sense I don't think we'd have a league due to debt, unpaid wages, lawsuits, ect lol. State Championships are here to stay get used to it. I do think there are to many games but as a pragmatist I don't see how it changes.

6. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yep he was wrong on that one. Although it wasn't an outlandish prediction. You would think that with Corinthians and Flamengo getting a bigger cut of the TV deals more and more, at some point that will become a factor. Well ... Flamengo has a crap load of more house keeping to do. And who would have thought that Pato was going to be such a dud ? I thought he'd at least be decent.

7. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Not sure of anyone else here noticed, but last night's games had protests. I know Gremio v Vasco, the players crossed their arms and stood there for a minute after the whistle had blew. Fla v SPFC the players just knocked the ball around in the midfield among themselves for a minute. I think Coritiba and Corinthians also had a protest, but I didn't see it.

8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea I thought it was very cool maybe we will see more today.

NotreDameFlamengo repped this.
  9. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

More protests today and in Serie B later this week.

10. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I still think they need to say specifically what they want changed and how we can stop losing players like Hernane to 9 to 5 jobs, because if the state championships are eliminated that means jobs and players are eliminated.

11. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Lancenet is reporting that CBF is hoping Globo will help ease the pressure from Bom Senso. Take it for what it's worth.

12. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Like what? Not showing the banners on tv?

13. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Cutting away to commentators and adds while they are protesting is a way.

14. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Hurting the clubs with TV money, which is one of the main sources of $$$ for clubs.

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    That would hurt both sides, they pay that much money because they make it all back.

16. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    I had not seen this thread. This movement is fantastic and the calendar is pathetic.

Now BomSensoFC is preparing a calendar that will be presented at a reunion with TV Globo soon.

According Folha de São Paulo, the movement wants the State Championship has 7 dates, much less than the +20 dates. 32 teams would be divided into groups such as the World Cup. And in the Serie C and Serie D, 610 teams participate in both leagues and would play for 10 months.

The movement wants to build a better calendar and attractive to television, there is still nothing definite yet.

Hill Giant repped this.
  17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CBF e dirigentes resolvem que atletas só podem jogar sete partidas por mês
    Medida é costurada em reunião no Rio e só deve entrar em vigor a partir de 2015. Há exceções para clubes que forem às fases finais da Copa do Brasil e da Libertadores
    http://globoesporte.globo.com/futeb...er&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=ge_flamengo

Starting in 2015, the Brasileirão will begin in February and end in November. State leagues will be shortened.

Hill Giant repped this.
  18. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I'm afraid for the future of small clubs in Brazil, unless CBF funds Serie C and especially D, there won't be enough money for this.

19. Socratinho

Socratinho Member

Jun 3, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    The biggest thing Bom Senso could do now is to convince a lot the Serie A teams for 2014 to use U23 sides in the Estaduais. Inter are already doing it, and I'm guessing Atletico-PR might do it again to some extent, even with Libertadores on their plate.

20. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    With more and more talk about players starting a strike in the beginning of 2014's season I think that use the U23 squads in the Estaudais maybe will be a necessary thing if CBF doesn't agree with bigger changes.

21. Hill Giant

Hill Giant Member

Aug 26, 2012
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bom Senso F.C. launched an official website of the players' movement. The portal enables the digital signature to those who support the series of proposals, plus expose the issues of the movement.

Link: http://www.bomsensofc.org/

22. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I'm hoping for a strike!

Hill Giant repped this.
  23. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  24. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    I think he's missing the bigger picture point. He gets 500 mil.. 90% of the players get 20-30k a year if that. He forgets that we have serie B, C, D and fora de serie.

25. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Just saw the entire interview.. he's making a case for the Bom Senso... I think he's mostly complaining about the players doing this as if they will not continue to do it after they retire. He's just being realistic, saying that it won't work. He wants more games for smaller teams also, he wants a better calendar. But he still wants the Estaduais to continue and a bigger Serie A.

"One already went back to Italy, Dida won't go back to a meeting once he retires."

Globo's headlines man.. seems like he's 100% against the whole thing.