Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    That was a big mistake. Even in the end when they didn't want to kick the corner. They had nothing to lose they were already qualified and there was no way Catolica was scoring 4 gols. They should have pushed for the extra gol that would have made them lead the group. Now they're 2nd and are gonna get choke slammed by Atl Nacional. Congrats though, it's been a long time.

2. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Really looong time..That's something we need to improve on but also considering we played in la Paz, we handled it better than previous games. We needed 2 more goals (or help from Junior) to be first since Union had more away goals than Bolivar.

So as it stands were either going to play atl nacional, boca jrs, libertad, or corinthians.
    And there is also the possibility of picking up one more talented player ( cause 1 good one is better than 3 mediocre ones)

3. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Congrats! Great game by Lizio, he finally showed up. As far as next round the colombian team is strong, but not out of reach.

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lizio will always have a game like this, like he did last year... but then he'll just disappear the next.

His consistency is an issue. At times he really did look like Messi last night....

With that said, our boys need to keep going hard on Offense. Ever Cantero shows promise, and just needs to start clicking well. He made good runs, and is a great sub for Ferreira.

The real Man of the Match IMO was Flores. His defense and breaking up plays, not to mention the ROCKET he scored... man.... he is our backbone.

Arguello too with some CLUTCH saves.

And in order to be first, we needed either 2 more goals, with Union losing 2-1 to Junior, or 1 goal and Junior scoring another goal to win 3-1 to Union.

Us getting first place wasn't happening.

Had we had 1 goal and tied Union, we'd still be second because htey beat us head to head.

5. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This could be seen as either good or bad, but we have yet to click on all cylinders. Lizio, Flores, and Frontini were on last nite. While Jhasmany and Cantero were not. Now that its win or go home, we def need to have everybody step up AT THE SAME TIME. Dont get me wrong I'll take a 3-0 win anytime, but having only two players show up and not maintaining mental focus in the second have ain't gonna cut it in the knock out rounds. With that being said, Hoyos IS THE EFFING MAN. He brought over AND INSTILLED a brand of football I think i would see in our league. AND he got the players to believe. I can truly say we DESERVED to make it through. Ps. Cardozo, you need to stop shooting and start passing ;)

6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed. Cardozo continues to show his selfishness. He really does think too much of himself as a Bolivian Cristiano Ronaldo. But guess what??? He can't make it from outside the box like Cristiano can. He needs to get ccloser in the box to actually shoot, and he needs to pass it off more. He was really frustrating his teammates with his shots going to the sky.

7. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cholivaristas,

I just read in La Tercera (chilean newspaper) that Colo Colo fired their coach and Hoyos is number one on their list to replace him. They also confirmed that el Gato Fernandez has acknowledged to the press Hoyos is in contact with Colo Colo.

8. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cholivaristas,

I just read in La Tercera (chilean newspaper) that Colo Colo fired their coach and Hoyos is number one on their list to replace him. They also confirmed that el Gato Fernandez has acknowledged to the press that Hoyos is in contact with Colo Colo.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea. I read that too.

We will see. They say Catolica is also interested in him too.

Lets see if his heart is still in it, Claure said it is all on him if he wants to stay or go.

10. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Read that we're most likely to face a brazilian team in the next round santos, corinthians, fluminense.

Should be interesting to see how Bolivar can do.

11. Pzygote

Pzygote Member

May 21, 2007
    Good analysis - totally agree.

12. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chill out my friend. Bolivar had a categorical win against a quality opponent and that's what matters. I can't think of one group where I'm convinced that the first place team is better than the second. By the way Atl National will need to get points against U de Ch to get first place.

13. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    totally agree with you man. he's a total PLAYBREAKER. Flores does things that are hard to see when watching the game but he is the reason we are so composed and able to play from the back.

14. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    STRONGEST HOLDING ON ... either Reyes or Parada NEED to sub out and Soliz needs to sub out too. do that and they might make it out of the group. im pulling for you guys.

15. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Santos(BRA) vs Bolivar(BOL) in round of 16

16. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Bring it.:cool:

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes... I was hoping for Corinthians.... cause they're chokers.

Is this for sure?

18. ElCaBrOnCeLeStE

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fluminence - Inter
    Union Esp - Boca
    U de Chile - Deport Quito
    Libertad - Cruz Azul
    Corinthians - Emelec
    Lanus - Vasco De Gama
    Santos - BOLIVAR:cool:
    Velez - Atl. Nacional

BRING IT!!!

19. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah, tough one. But in my opinion better then Fluminense or U de Chile. I was hoping for Lanus myself.

20. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    apparently conmebol changed the schedule and now we play Santos on the 25th, next wednesday.

Hoyos wasn't too happy with this.

21. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Neymar makes more in a month that the entire Bolivar squad makes in a year. Who do you think the crooks at Conmebol are going try to please??

Besides, we should be used to this by now. They did exactly the same thing to Strongest, changing the game from a Thursday to a Tuesday, knowing they would have a tough time getting to Brazil.

22. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    By changing the date its clear that they want to give santos the advantage, they have a bigger squad with more experinced players, they can play 2 tournaments, BOlivar has to play our local tourney with younger inexperinced players, plus now Ferreira might not be ready to play. This type if thing always happens when our teams or our national team start to do well. Q Bolivar los golee en La Paz!

23. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011

No Ferreira??? wtf we got el Picaro Castillo right? on Point!!!

24. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Castillo has been out for a while, he suffered an injury that should take him out for at least 1 more month.
    Hoyos signed up Miguel Suarez for the Libertadores round of 16. It's all up to Cantero ans Suarez up top now. Suarez is young and talented so I'm glad Hoyos signed him up, i hope he gets a chance to show his stuff.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Cantero I am confident is a good replacement for Ferriera. He runs, pressures, traps well, can set up goals.... he just needs to finish.

I think he'll score for us in la paz on Wdnesday.