Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Miranda just got back from a bad injury, so he's not 100% right now but should be back soon. He's prolly playing the game against Junior in Colombia, considering Scaglia is prolly out for a couple weeks...

I read Rea is about to get the boot....

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The greater good for Bolivian soccer would be for Bolivar to quit embarrassing us. :D

3. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed!!They should all quit embarrasing us!!
    Speaking of embarrasing...I think we are in for another dose tonight.:p

4. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Good thing strongest stayed calm in the 2nd half. same thing that happened to Bolivar would have happened if Juan Aurich didn't settle for the tie.

5. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
    El tigre won ... but they need a lot of work on the Dfence and they need to help el Escobar.

Torrico and Soliz did well but Ramallo was playing? I guess he was... the new brazilian i guess he needs more time.

Overall, they need to work on DFence a lot!!!

If International losses the 3 points to Jaun Surich ... el tigre needs to win at home and not lose in Peru... because in Brazil it will be hard.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What was that you were saying? :D

7. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahaaaa!!!

There is nothing I love more than to eat my own words, so long as I see one of our teams do well at the international level. I am going to do the same thing from now on, because when I praise them (as I did with Cholivar), they dissappoint.

Congrats, Chico. Salud con una Huari!;)

8. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^so true!

I'd just like to add that I love the way Chumacero plays. He goes 100% the entire match, non stop and that really helps the squad in the mid. Even some of the fox sports people in the evening review were saying that they love chumacero and his balls and willingness in every play no matter what the minute is.

9. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Lets cut the bolivar/strongest hate and lets focus on bolivia represesnting in Copa. So far, needless to say Strongest is playing as well as they can. The do need help on D but Escobar is making the team so much better than they are.
    I havent seen anything from chuma which is not good. He seems to give the ball up too easily, not to the other team, but doesnt possess the ball as much as we would like him to.
    Overall I hope they continue to play well and continue to represent Bolivia well.

The same can't be said for Bolivar after that awful 1-3 loss.

10. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Once again strongest looked shakie on D, and facing a team that never pushed up. I think the formation when they go to Brazil will need to change to include more containment and put Prada back in. As for going forward they looked good, Soliz looked comfortable with the ball and made acurate passes, Chuma looked better than against Santos, Escobar is the man. I hope they can rescue a couple of points from their visits to Brazil and Peru, with another win at home the unlikely will come true, the least expensive team in this Libertadores will leave out one of the most expensive. There is a long way to go though.

11. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You missed my sarcasm completely. I don't hate neither, and I am the first one to jump up with pride when they represent our country. Even if they are not the team displayed in my avatar.

I was just messing with Chico, and he got it. Love for all...love for all.;)

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea, me too. When Bolivar's playing I hold my nose and root for the Cholis :D

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    WIth the tie Junior had with Catolica, Bolivar although small.... may still have a chance if the ycan turn things around at home vs. Junior and Catolica.... and Come away with a win at Union's home...

Not holding my breath though.

14. deejay

deejay Member+

Feb 14, 2000
    Tarpon Springs, FL
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nice thing about this group is that they're all pretty even. I don't think it's beyond Bolivar to get points or even a win on the road.

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^ it is the most balanced group out of all of them Bolivar might be able to squeeze by. Being the Hincha that i am i have to have confidence that Bolivar will go through. it's possible we can beat Union E at their house.

16. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Just like it's possible for Bolivia to beat Spain in the next fifa date.

17. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It is ;)

if futbol has taught me anything its to expect the unexpected. you're giving too much credit to Union. our own insecurity lost us the game.

when Bolivar plays though, i bring out the chelas. if Strongest plays, I keep em stored. it aint worth it LOL :D

18. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I can see where you need to booze it up to watch Bolivar play. :D

19. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    HAHAHAHA!! good one . i'd recommend doing the same watching Strongest play league games. Baldivieso's gonna bring out his inner Iron Sheik and humble you guys LOL . we'll handle him though

20. NotAgain

NotAgain Member

Jan 31, 2011
  21. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I misread...I thought you said "keeping it hard is the part", which would also apply.:cool:

22. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Este arbitro no cobra aunque le deban :D
    Seriously though we get shitty refs. Can't believe junior has no yellow cards

23. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goool Bolivar...82'

24. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    GOAL BOLIVAR!

HOLY CRAP they're playing well!