Bolivian teams in Copa Libertadores

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by atsegnorts, Jan 2, 2012.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LOL,

Marco you rebel-rouser, touching feelings and kicking hornets nests since 2007 :D

insert: youmad?.jpg

2. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahahaa...always great to hear from you, Nilo.
    I gotta do something to keep occupied, with my team not having done much, except being relegated, blah, blah, blah...
    Speaking of which , though. I happened to see the Wilstermann- Petrolero game yesterday and it was a true testament to how crappy our level of soccer is. Wilster spanked the 4-0, and all at the hands of the new spanish midfielder Berodia. Now here is a guy who was on the bench for the worst team in the spanish second division CD Lugo (the very same team Galindo warms up the bench for). Berodia could no cut it there, so for some reason decides to go play for a bolivian team, gets his first start and looks like a freaking Ronaldinho (#10 jersey and all) around the other players. It was fun to watch, but sad at the same time.

3. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    LOL, really? That is pretty sad...

4. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting...seems like he's a ex'youth star in spain...never turned out into what people thought... kind sad after watching this.... but I see why he is in Bolivia. Interesting...

Dustyvinyl repped this.
  5. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I know, right?? The guy seems like has tons of talent and a class act as a human being. They actually call him "El Diez" or "El Mago" in Spain.
    Don't get me wrong, I love that he is with us, but maybe it is one of those weird epiphanies people have. I decided to follow him on twitter and he is genuingly happy to be in Bolivia. He posts pictures of him with the team having parrillada, or at some local restaurant eating Pique a lo Macho, and repeating how good it feels to be playing with confidence again.
    Good luck to him. We all deserve to find our own epiphany...whatever or whereever it may be.

Bolivianfuego and sergtp repped this.
  6. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He seemes pretty good. Not too old, and with us loaning Lizio.... mistake... I wonder if we could get this guy maybe next season?

Eber1990 repped this.
  7. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I feel that this needs at the very least a mention, even though it serves absolutely no purpose but only self respect.
    37 minutes in the match Bolivar was losing 0-3 only to turn it around and end up winning
    the match 4-3. At least Bolivar said good bye to this Libertadores with some honor and self respect, falling in the first leg to a team that is just better in every possible way.
    Sao Paulo is one of the strongest squads in the tournament and of the favorites to win the whole thing, recently Copa Sudamericana champions.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Watched all 4 goals as I watched the Gremio match.... proud of Bolivar. They won, coming back from 3-0.... it was amazing!!

First win in La Paz for us against any São Paulo team.

WIth that said, in the Gremio game... the commentators in the Gremio match really were full of it. Anyone hear their comment on how they talked shit about the come back? "coming back from 3-0 to win it 4-3.... it was good but São Paulo probably got tired from the altitude". WTF! Really? They gave up teh lead because of the altitude? They can go eat a you know what.

9. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Also we kept the streak going. No brasillian team has won in Bolivia since 1982(not sure if its for libertadores). It was purely out of pride.the players gave their all and got the victory. 2 goals each from ferriera and cabrera. Lets see how Strongest do :p

10. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    you mean against Bolivar in Bolivia? cuz I remember San Jose and Real Potosi getting aS$ raped by brazilian teams in Bolivia in the past few years.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I think just in La Paz. Not in their stadiums. Probably just Bolivar/Strongest.

12. nanoGVSP

nanoGVSP Member+

Jan 31, 2012
    New york
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    http://www.la-razon.com/marcas/futbol/bengala-mata-hincha_0_1783621671.html
    I'm sure most of you guys heard about this. A 14 yr old boy died last night at the game, he was struck by fire works in his right eye this caused brain damage that lead to his death. Apparently this artifact was launched by Corinthians supporters after Guerrero's gol. It's a tragedy and a shame that his life was cut short thanks to irresponsible huligans, and a lack of security. I wonder how the teams will be sanctioned, and if the team presidents will help the family economically at all. It's the least they can do given the profit they make from each libertadores game their teams play. May he rest in peace.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Apparently the coach for Corinthians in the post game conference was crying, saying he wishes he could give away their world champion for his life.

The club also announced they will be wearing black arm bands for I think the next couple of games.

I am sure they will support the family for the funeral, and give them some money for it all.

Conmebol is going to not let Corinthians play with any fans in their home games for the next 60 games, and a decision on what hapepns after that will be decided. There is still talks that they may be banned.

They also will not be allowed to transport fans to away games.

14. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Wow.

Is that true, I hadn't heard that. I honestly didn't think anything was going to happen to Corinthians. Honestly it's not their fault some of their fans are idiots and I really think San Jose should get punished as well for having shit security.

Ultimately though this falls on CONMEBOL and their shitty lack of standards, professionalism, etc etc etc.

There should be defined strict laws for a tounerey like Libertadores that goeres across the board and affects every team. Every team should be held to the same type of standrads of secuirty. Brazil and Argentina have real dangerous hooligan cultures, a place like San Jose Oruro does not and they are not used to dealing with it. Stupid CONMEBOL should r4alize this and make standardized across the board security standards for every international team that every team is clear on and abides by. A friggin kid had to lose his life because San Jose security is not used to strict security measures (let's be frank here the only real Barra Bravas in all of Bolivia are Blooming and Orientes).

QEPD.

PS - Fack CONMEBOL
    PS2- BOOBIES!!!!!!!!!
    PS3- I'M HAMMERED

15. dsauna

dsauna Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So, nobody else watching el tigre's game? they have been playing really well these past two games. The way they are playing they def. should be the base for la sele. I'm glad to see Veizaga and Torrico.(Torrico is a monster) I really wanted to see Soliz, Mendez and Vaca in Azcargorta's team.

16. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I've been following their games religiously. Always happy to see a Bolivian squad play well against Brazilian giants.

Torrico has earned his call up, and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he starts and secures that leftback spot. I'm surprised Luis Mendez didn't get called up, he's the heart of the Tigre backline.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I am sorry, but this is just hilarious lol.

[​IMG]

Happy that Bolivian teams haev been performing decent so far though.

sergtp, Eber1990 and Dustyvinyl repped this.
  18. MADPUPPY

MADPUPPY Member

Apr 4, 2000
    Nobody gets held responsible down south. It's all bureaucrats down there. I agree, the stadium shouldn't have allowed this to happen, they should be held accountable. Is it an accident? That rocket didn't go anywhere near the sky. I know Brazil will have their squad play in Bolivia, but that shouldn't stop any investigation. Damn, hope that dude wasn't an only son. Very sad.