BOLIVIA Sub-20 [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Nov 28, 2008.

1. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I had the same thoughts Nilo had. Looks like this guy will plug players at random. How long did we have to prepare for this? How many line ups did he look in that time? How hard is it to pick the group, or at least the best players? There are no answers EVER just bad result after bad result. Chico said from the beginning, no coaching whatsoever done in this game, it was like they just got off the plane, saw eachother for the first time, and said "good luck" The whole Bolivia game was surmised by one shot at goal,, the rest of the time was sad. As we have said in here, there are some talented kids in here, who are the dumbasses that hire coaches. Is chavez to blame for this too? or who is responsible for this hiring.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^ Maybethese guys who he started looked good in practice, but the lack of games they've had to test them out in 'real world' situations could have effected how he picked players?

3. plata20

plata20 New Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Esta pelicula ya lo he visto.. same sh*t as always

4. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wasn't this coach Villegas the same one the Strongest had last year/couple of years ago in copa libertadores???? You know the one that always wears a jacket jaja
    Well he makes Tom Sohen look like a CONCACAF coach of the year.

Aside from the result and the lack of passion that the players showed ,you know what also pissed me off? The FN commentators and their altura remarks. I remember hearing them mention that the "Bolivians" are accustomed to the ball moving faster and lower because of the altura and that's why their freekicks and shots were off. HELLOOOO not all of our players are from or live in the altura.... HELLO not all of Bolivia is located in the altiplano. Come on GolTV make your commentators do their hw before saying shiet like that.

Man, I like everyone else was very excited to watch this game, we came with so much hype. Another disappointment, lets hope they dont embarrass us against Brasil or Chile.

5. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yea bro, my father was so pissed off that Castellon didnt play that he stated going off on villegas on the TV screen...... I had to tell him to calm down hehe

Like you said that was a real DUMBA$$ call

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    There is NO excuse for starting a sub who saw very limited time in the league over Castellon who scored over a dozen gols and had a breakout year for the leagues champion Aurora. Then again we got no explanation for guys like Pontons(Milan) Zabala(Israel) and Huayhuata(Aurora) being sent home, yet some kids on this team don't even play in a pro team and they made the team WTF!!!!!!!!!

By the way I'd like everyone to tell me if this article sounds familiar. It was when Villegas (Sub 20 DT) coached his last game before resigning from a pathetic Aurora side in 06. A very similar side that Baldi turned into champions two years later.

http://www.lostiempos.com/noticias/13-02-06/deportes.php

"Sin identidad futbolistica

Desorientado, sin identidad futbolística y sin capacidad de encontrar la fórmula a todos sus males..........Una vez más, la falta de coordinación en sus líneas, el déficit en la creación y la poca o nada efectividad en el ataque fueron la diáfana evidencia de que Aurora, con ese plantel, cuenta con limitadas aspiraciones"

Tell me that doesn't sound like a description of yesterdays game. Here is what Villegas had to say about that game before he resigned. I'd like to see what he had to say after yesterdays game, something tells me it would be something similar.

"No son excusas, pero tuvimos cinco bajas de los que normalmente venían entrenando regularmente, de todas maneras mi equipo corrió hasta el final, la luchó en todos los sectores y yo me voy tranquilo por eso. Se que hay mucho por mejorar y ustedes tienen que analizar el promedio de edad que tuvo hoy (por ayer) en el plantel

Este es un equipo que está emprendiendo un proceso, hay varios que han debutado y necesitan continuidad, yo creo en mis jugadores y sé que vamos a mejorar para los próximos encuentros, sé que la hinchada quiere que ganemos, pero a veces no se puede"

<-----------------(Bashes head against his desk)

By the way his brother is the Universitario coach Eduardo Villegas.

7. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahahahahahaha yea he is hahahaha i forgot about that.

I hated it too how they were giving remarks that we were the squad from the altiplano, they might as well start calling us indios.

jajajajaja

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The Strongest coach was Eduardo Villegas

http://thestrongestcampeondecampeones.blogspot.com/2005/05/strongest-se-alista-para-enfrentar.html

The sub-20 coach is his brother Oscar

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Oh damn, i thought that was him hahaha. Well it runs in the family then. :p

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  11. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
  12. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    Bolivia's U-20 have a 1-0 lead over Brazil after drawing a pk. Let's see how they do for the rest of the time.

13. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    And Brazil draws at the 35 min. :eek:

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Guys, I think it´s me! I´m the cause for Bolivia´s woes during this past year. I just got home and was happy to see Bolivia winning 1-0 when all of a sudden Brazil scored. EVERY freaking time I don´t watch Bolivia play, they do well, even win! When I do watch them, they either tie or lose. Maybe I should stop watching.

15. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It's settled then, go hide in the closet until the game is over:D

This coach is a POS, we were dictating the pace of the game until we scored then he sends everybody back as if we were a man down WTF? I understand sitting back and waiting for a counter but that sh*t was ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER on both teams was on our side of the field, unbelievable.

Bring in Molina, he's got speed to burn, I don't know why he got benched to begin with.

PS - Galindo has skills but he is no #10, no arma ni m*erda, he needs to understand what a 10 is or try a different position. If Villegas goes for the draw instead of the win I hope he gets a pie in his face.

16. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree bring Molina for either Castedo or Galindo.

I don't see Galindo's skills I think he is average at best all his passes are 50/50 balls he tall and linkly but no speed or not to much strengh. I don't see the skills.

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I´m gonna stop watching. There are down 1 man. Vamos Bolivia!

18. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And just when I say that, we go 1 man down. I gotta shut up and stop watching. :(

19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    What a disgrace of a game, if the coach Villegas has any dignity he'll resign as soon as this tournament is over. It's one thing to lose but to play as if you're not even interested in winning?

No urgency no tactical play no nothing, walking around with 4 men in the back, backpassing while you're a man up and a gol down, unbelievable.

How many balls did Galindo give away? He is no #10 and he sure as hell is no leader or captain, but I don't blame him. Who in their right mind makes the youngest team member who has never played a professional game the captain? I blame the coach 100% this is exactly how his pathetic Aurora team played when he got canned. Who in their right mind made him Sub 17 and sub 20 coach, and why in the hell was Galindo (our tallest player) serving up those corners and not at the end of them, knowing how bad we are at set pieces to begin with.

All that time he had with these kids and I guarantee you he has no idea what is going on right now, NONE. You can tell because he played practically the same lineup in every practice and friendly, yet after the first game he scrambled his lineup like a spineless twit.

The way this team played and the lack of leadership and confidence is a direct reflection on the piss poor coach.

PS - Duri is the only one who played with balls and if we even get a point in this tourney it'll be in spite of our coach not because of him.

20. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    So in other words.....same old same old. :rolleyes:

21. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    And so, these past two games are proof of what Villegas has been saying all along before the tournament; that this Bolivia is not our present, but our future. I wouldn't want it that way, but in reality it is. May be that's why our youngest player, Galindo, is the captain. As many mistakes as Galindo has made, I think he's real quality in desperate need of a good team. He may seem lanky, but he doesn't play like one.

Does anyone remember the one touch passes around the midfield, I think, in the first half? ...not just potential, but real talent. It's too sad, that it seems as if they trained only on our fulbito style and completely forgot on how to create plays toward goal. No wingers. Our mid was at least present this time around. And our defense making the same chronic bolivian mistakes of all time, losing the ball around the goal area. The difference between our teams and any other teams with more success is not talent, it's the poor soccer culture. While Argentina or Brazil have memorize by heart triangular plays, runs along the sidelines, passes outward of your goal and not towards your goal when defending, and many more, Bolivia is stuck with all this unexploited talent, because we're concentrated on not losing the ball on our side.

But I'm not dissapointed, I wish we had better luck. And I hope these guys get the welcome back they deserve for having represented us as high as they have. Looking forward to see them again against chile. Has anyone thought about how hard are the 2014 qualifiers going to be?

Oh, and the commentators were a lil better than they usually are, so I recycled a very angry email. Still, they have no idea that Bolivia is two thirds low lands.

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Then why are we entrusting our future to this boludo? Like Milo said, I don't see this guy doing anything but handing out uniforms and telling the team to go out there and score some goals. The Woodbridge LadyBugs show more composure and futbol sense than our boys.

23. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well at least we got a goal and a couple more highlights. So many negative things to say, more about the coach than the players, as they are young and need guidance. The one true Highlight of this team is our keeper, I think he's stopped the games from being goleadas. He is very quick, good anticipation and exept the three goals allowed (absolutely none his fault just terrible defense, as seen by Brazil's first goal) he has been rock solid. Good hands, but the best is his quick reaction and anticipation of approaching players. Let's hope big teams see this.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Jeez im glad i didnt watch the rest of the second half.....

25. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We need educated coaches. It seems we only have coaches that love the game, but too lazy to knock out the ignorance within.

I hate saying it, but we really need help from outside of Bolivia. We will continue to play this futbolito style futbol if we stay with a Bolivian Coach. There is little anticipation, little running off the ball, and almost no quickness. We seriously need an overhaul of how these dudes get trained.

If the USA can go from being one of the worst teams in the 80s and 90s to now one of the top 25 teams in the world for 7 years straight, then we can do it to. The Americans did their research and worked on it and are maximizing their potential. We are nowhere near maximizing our potential. We dont need the fastest players on the world, but we NEED to learn to anticipate and be QUICKER off the ball. We need drills that will concentrate on that.

I'm soo pissed at the style of futbol we are playing. Only one person to blame here...

GRINGO LIMON u ass! :D