BOLIVIA Sub-20 [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Nov 28, 2008.

1. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    And of course, the other team scores. Looks like the youth are having the bad lucks of the old times.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^Yep, thats what i was thinking the whole time. Cause of that miss we will get scored on....and sure enough....

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I was just about to bitch about that dude not getting a card and the ref pulled out the yellow.

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What the hell? We have a great build up but when we get in the final third we just piss away chances :confused:

5. hectorperucho

hectorperucho New Member

May 24, 2007
    bolivia esta jugando mejor, hasta se perdieron un gol hecho...vamos que todavia se puede :D

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    damn frustrating....

7. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    They always do this. This always happens to them. I never seen a nation with so much bad luck! It really is frustrating!

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It wasn't all bad luck, some of it was just crap futbol. We were great in the midfield but couldn't finish and our set pieces were downright comical.

9. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree, we didnt look all that great, bad passing, bad anticipation, and uruguay from the beginning looked just better than us. We did started getting better though from the 60ish minute forward though.

That goal that uruguay scored in the end was incredible...

10. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hey is it just me or is Samuel Galindo #10 the captin crap. I mean I'll give him the first 5 mins of the game and his shot which if he would of made it might of change the result but after that he was straight crap. Everytime he had the ball I got nervous because he would either lose it or give a horrible pass. Even in the last few before the second goal when we were dominating every pass he gave was crap. I don't think he should start I liked Tudor he had confidence and made good decisions with the ball. Why didn't Castellion play that would be my other question. Other then that it was an average to bad team I saw in the field only exceptions where Verdugez, Molina, Pena even though he missed that goal.

11. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tudor looked interesting, and ballsy in his ball movement and footskills.

Diego suarez looked confident, but was pissing me off wiht his out of the box shots that went straignt to the moon!!!

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I disagree completely Chico, from my vantage point we had no midfield. The only reason we controlled posession in the 2nd half was because Uruguay sat back and waited for the counter. The first half was as if we had no midfielders in the game. Our two mids, Galindo and Saucedo/Rea were outmatched did not control the midfield and had no creativity to feed the forwards. Uruguay dictated the midfield at all times in the game, if we had posession in the midfield in the 2nd it was because they wanted us to push forward after their gol.

A couple of observations

1) who was that pie de plomo POS that missed that open net:mad:

2) Peña is pathetic, he should have been pulled much earlier he showed nothing. V Castellon should take his spot, even a yield sign would be an improvement.

3) No midfield, Galindo has skill but I don't know if he should be in the 10 position. Suarez was decent but that mild concussion was obviously bothering him, as he was pulled. Rea, well no one expected anything offensively from him.

4) Defense for the most part held up, although those quick one touch passes were killing us. It's like these guys had never seen those passes before. L Suarez gave away some fouls right outside the box that could have made the score much worse.

5) Our goalie had a nice game, saving a couple of gols cantados. Not much he could do on either gol. His distribution could improve though.

6) Our dead ball plays are once again pathetic for us, no wonder our senior team is so horrific at them.

7) The coach Villegas is in over his head IMO

8) Was Mojica playing? I've never seen so many distance shots that were 20ft over and to the left and right of the arco since Mojicas NT days.

9) Molina is one of our better players, but there's no chance he's doing anything when he gets zip from the midfield except for some desperate long balls.

Ok rant over, I'll be shocked if we can get a win at all in this group but no matter. Let's hope some of these kids improve as the tourney goes on and they attract attention from teams abroad, it would be a nice result to prepare some of these guys for the senior NT in the next qualifiers.

13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    In my opinoion our boys werent moving the ball quick and efficient enough like the Uru's, they were holding it too long, or trying to dribble too much. I didnt see enough first time touches, more quick touches = opening up space and confusing their defense.

Our guys need to learn to play quicker, and to work on their small sided passing. I was shocked at how bad these guys sometimes were passing...

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Well, we still got 3 games left and I still got the esperanza! Afterall, the top 3 move on. Vamos Bolivia!

15. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    ...so that was a good loss. :eek: I agree w/ alot of points you guys made. Again, we lack the physical robustness (we are a younger team), and the quick and creative play, but we have the talent. I know Verduguez was consistent throughout the game, but alot of our players were easily outran, including him and it's going to be even harder against Brazil and the rest, having seen what they've got. Peña was good on the majority of the first half, until the second half cuando se meo frente al arco!
    Personally, I think we've found our #10 if we keep giving Galindo a chance, although, I agree that we were complete out sight in the midfield, especially for all those stray balls around the goal area. But, Galindo's mistakes were everyone's, because just like he has the skills and ability, they didn't know where to pass the ball or create plays. Moreover, the innocent ball losses where so definitive to the counter attacks that lead to goals. And also, they were so cool headed that there didn't seem to be an urgency, including in the last minutes of the game. Tudor and Castedo came w/ a bit more hunger and fast paced the game on the uru's turf, but didn't get too many chances. I'm happy overall with their performance and the prospects, but not as much with the coaching.

16. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    At what stage do we open our eyes and say BASTA!. We've never produced a quality coach and what we're doing here is basically entrusting this new guy (I don't even know his name) with our future. These kids played without vision and pretty much on heart alone. Just to take one small example, our set pieces. Comical, no plan no mission, just kick the shit out of the ball AT GOAL no less and hope for the best. A coach needs to know what his players are capable of and what their limitations are. As is usually the case with Bolivian coaches, no clue.

You have to tell your players what's expected of them. My grades for yesterday was the team D+ and the coach a big fat F. Sadly, typical.

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We don't have speed, so we need quickness. We didn't show that, thus we were freaking predictable the entire match. Here are my thoughts.

First Half: I think Bolivia sat back purposely on the first half. They rarely sent players forward, and seemed content to do the long ball. The problem with this is that we don't have any players that have decent speed to utilize a sweet counter attack effectively.

Second Half: Bolivia knew they looked horrible out there, so they probably decided to be offensive. After all, Uruguay spent alot of energy in the first half and were probably tired. With teams as fast as Uruguay, spreading out defense and mids to be more offensive can be very risky. After the first goal, Uruguay sat back; as that's what their known to do. It's a very effective method that Italy uses. Ugly but effective.

Suprise is a very important element in soccer. We don't have that. Our style of soccer is soo predictable. It's somewhat attractive, but ths futbolito style of soccer isn't effective. We have very talented players, but we need players with speed. We are simply to predictable.

Same old style, same old results.

18. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I feel our biggest problem, has been team work with this squad. When playing at our best it wasnt speed that got us to the copa america final, or had us playing so well vs. brasil in brasil recently, or beating paraguay and almost beating uruguay at home.... it is all touching and moving of the ball efficiently. It seems like our guys get nervous on the ball and either pound it away, or lose it through bad passing in itself. Also too guys like Diego Suarez try to be superstars and shoot at bad angles, or refuse to pass....

Our guys need to develop team work, speed isnt that big a deal if you know how to effieciently move the ball.

19. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Looks like we'll have three changes for the Brasil game tomorrow. Possibly Rea, Tudor and the forward Castedo replacing D. Suarez, Saucedo and Peña.

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2009/2009-01-21/vernotadeportes.php?id=090121002300
    I really hope this coach, Villegas, doesn't take a page from Platinis book of tactics and starts plugging in players at random until something works. He's had over a monthg to work everyday with these kids, he's had three official friendlies and a few other non official friendlies against league and asociacion teams and his player selection IMO leaves much to be desired. I still would have liked to see Castellon over Peña, I think it's a mistake to bench D Suarez, and I'm still dumbfounded he made Galindo(youngest) the captain.

We'll sit back against Brasil tomorrow and try to pull a draw, very disappointing IMO. By the way Coutinho is a monster.

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Suarez deserves to be benched, he has that 'superstar' mentality when hes playing, no team work, no working fo the ball, just his dribbles and then a terrible shot outside the box. He selfishly overshot the ball like 4-5 times yesterday outside the box, all terribly high like a field goal in american football!

Bench him, and teach him a lesson.

21. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA
    IMO, all those far-fetched shots were because of desperation and the characteristically no-ideas game we played yesterday. No vision. At one point in the second half, a bolivian right winger was taking the ball and was fixed to making a pass to, I think Molina, so much that he not only showed intentions of passing it to that player, but wanted to dribble past an uruguayan just to pass the ball to an already over predictable player, completely ignoring an opened field. For me that was really worrisome. Well, that and the fact that we were dominating in the beginning of the second half, but simply could not do anything with the ball. Psychologically, I think, that's why they lost the ball so wantonly. The soft passes and the neverendlessly turning back.

22. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Every thing you mentioned here can be corrected by good coaching.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree, a good coach motivates, shows/ talks to the team and coaches them on how to move the ball around the field efficiently... its like they werent using the backpass enough trying to push it up too agressively.

Not to mention Uruguay was bringing eveyrone back for defense like us in the first half.

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Okay lets look at this descision Pena is a sub for oriente he probably saw a full two games of action in all 08, and on the other hand you have Castellon who is a solid starter all of 08, he had a dozen goals, helped Aurora win a championship and is probably the best player on this squad hmmmmmmmmmmm....... I takes a real Dumba$$ to mess up this call.:mad:

25. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    One question?
    Where the ******** is Vladimir Castellon? Why didn't he start? Why didn't he come in at all?
    Castellon and Molina should be starting up top!!!!!!
    It doesn't take brains to see this!!! God DAMN!!