BOLIVIA Sub-20 [R]

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Eber1990, Nov 28, 2008.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Re: BOLIVIA Sub-20

VIVA BOLIVIA ************!

We have hope for this tournament, and even more important, the 2014 and 2018 qualifications!

Great news

2. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

We were missing many of our guys too, and I'm sure Argentina was missing most of their important guys as well, but it's still nice to get some confidence. Off the top of my head all of our foreign players except maybe Diego Suarez were missing. Pontons, Israeli boys, Lorgio Suarez were'nt there. Sabja couldn't keep his hands off his girl for one night and was kicked off the team and the tournament, too bad:(

Apparently that big kid Sebastian Molina played a great game, which is nice to hear considering he's one of the youngest guys on the team.

3. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

When is the next match? Arent they going to play Argentina in Santa Cruz?

4. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

They played today or yesterday against a local club from salta I haven't heard the score? anyone?

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

bump!

6. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Anyone hear about that Sabja kid? ANd how he got kicked out of the Sub20 team cause when he was supposed to be in bed at 11pm the coach found out his GF had a hotel room too, and found him with her?

He got so pissed he told him to just go back to blooming and dont ever come back...

How is this Sabja kid? I read hes supposed to be real good right?

7. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Bolivia won 4 -0 yeah, i guess they played some last minute team but hey the more games the better, the sabja kid is denieing the story saying that he is injuried and thats the reason of him being split from the concentration. He is suppose to recover in 20 days so we will see if he is called back to the concentration.

8. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

They said the story was never meant to be made public, you know how we bolivians go and how hard it is to go for days without screwing our GFs lol.

With that said, i hear they beat Argentina too 1-0 recently?

9. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

Yeah we beat Argentina 1 nil, the good thing is we started i think 3 sub17 players and we didn't have guys like Sabja, Pontons, L Suarez or the Israel boys. The surprising thing is that apparently Samuel Galindo was our most dangerous player in both games (he's the tall 16yr old in the youtube video)

Unfortunately it looks like the Israeli boys (Cardozo, Zabala) might be left off the team, because they might not make it to camp on time.
    http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2008/2008-12-16/vernotadeportes.php?id=081215235135

This would obviously be bad news, as they're both good players. Either way our group is really tough and I don't see us making it out just because we don't have any games coming up. One game against Argentina and a regional team, and without many of our top guys, is not enough preparation for the tourney. At least the guys that caught that nasty virus are getting better, but i read each one lost something like 10kilos from the illness:eek:

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

^^^JESUS! What sickness was this?? Aids? LOL

But could you inform me more on the 'Israel boys'? Who are these kids? I am not too well informed on our up and coming youth players...

11. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA

they're gonna show the games on goaltv...and that's all I'm excited about.

12. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

O word??? AWSOME!

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

I know Zabala was with Real Santa Cruz for a while but beyond that I don't have much info. Here's what segtp had to say about them.

The kid I really like, besides the ones already mentioned, is Sebastian Molina. I've seen him play in person a few times and the kid can flat out play. He came up through the Semillero school in Santa Cruz and I have high hopes for him. Unfortunately his team (Guabira) just got relegated so hopefully he latches on to a different team soon. He just turned 18 last month.

[youtube]CqsBUlZ5lNw[/youtube]

14. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The guy who makes these videos is the shit! Its about time bolivia caught up to what is called youtube lol and learning to edit and put up well made videos.

That kid is sickk!! Hes very speedy! He seems to pass well, and his freekicks are beautys! I hope bolivar can get their hands on him, instead of guys like Mojica! :thumbsdown:

With that said, it seems we have a good new generation of kids coming up... maybe 2014 is really possible???

15. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

This Sebastian dude is fast!! This is what we need people, fast players. We have enough talented people, but with out speed, the national team has to work harder.

Good speed and wonderful shots. I like the future of our National Team Pool!

16. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate

He actually tried out for Boca Juniors and was asked to come back for a second trial. I don't know what happened after that.

17. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

OhhhhhH!!! This is THAT kid?? I remember he had a tryout in August, and i think he goes back either next august, or this janurary... i forget. But it was mentioned in this forum.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

Boca is practically a feeding tube for competitive european clubs. Sebastian would be smart to accept offers that pay no more then what he gets now. The exposure he gets will be tremendous.

19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

The nice thing about boca is that he would actually get the chances to play as they are in so many tournaments. He'll get his chance no matter what. Let's hope we see another Bolivian at the Bombonera (i think they're closing it for 09 for repairs or additions).

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Additions, but yea. It would be nice, its been a minute since a bolivian has been there and made a difference...

But so when does the tournament thats going to be shown on GOL TV start?

21. invein

invein New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Arlington, VA

On the 19th of Jan, I think.

22. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Unitel is reporting one more friendly for the u-20 in spain on the 27 of this month, thats this saturday comming up right? I wonder who they are playing in spain. They said that they are going to make the final cuts for the sudamericano before they depart to spain, i wonder if they are going keep any of the u-17 guys on the team i read that their is 3 of them at the camp.

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Damn, their recent performance and our good prospective youth, i would think we are one of the better teams in the up and coming tournament? No?

24. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia

Okay final cuts were made this is the final roster,

Alex Arancibia OP
    Pedro Lusquino Tahu.
    Nilton Bejarano Sport Boys (same sport boys from peru? anyone)
    Isaias Duri Strong.
    Axel Bejarano Univ.
    Nicolas Tudor Univ.
    Lorgio Suarez U. de chile
    Ricardo Bejarano Guabira
    Ricardo Verduguez Bloom
    Amilcar Sanchez Wilst.
    Ronald Rea OP
    Fernando Saucedo OP
    Ruddy Cardozo Isreal
    Juan Pablo Zabala Isreal
    Samuel Galindo Real America
    Jeanamed Castedo Real Mamore
    Sebastian Molina Guabira
    Alcides Pena OP
    Diego Suarez Dinamo Kiev
    Valdimir Castellon Aurora
    Leonardo Toco Univ.
    Jorge Gonzales Blooming

No Boliviar jejejejejejje...

25. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007

No, not at all, not by a long shot. We are in what I consider the toughest group and I'll be very surprised if we advance. This team has only played two friendly games in preparation. We beat an Argentina side without many of their stars and we beat a regional team that was very weak. Other countries in our group on the other hand have been having constant friendly games to prepare them. Even the Sub17 team that played in Peru has played more games than this Sub20 squad. We are a long shot at best.

http://www.eldeber.com.bo/2008/2008-12-25/vernotadeportes.php?id=081224134855

Three things that really catch my attention.

1 - Ivan Huayhuata from Aurora got left off the team. He's played very well the times I've seen him for Aurora and I can't imagine all of these kids to be superior to him.

2 - Jorge Pontons, the AC Milan kid, is not on the team. This is very strange as he has been with the team the whole time and the Israeli boys who just showed up made the team without having practiced with the team at all. I also remember he was one of the ones most affected by the virus that the players caught before the Argentina game, maybe he didn't recover fully or has some non futbol related personal issues that kept him off the team. Either way I can't see him as not good enough to make this squad, I'd like to know what happened with him.

3 - There are three Sub17 players to make the squad. Galindo, the big kid who has impressed in the two friendlies. Suarez, the Dinamo Kiev player, who we all knew was going to be on the squad. Leonardo Toco, who I haven't seen play for Universitario.

Either way let's hope they get some friendlies with whomever, and quick, otherwise this is going to be a quick three and out.