BOGO Offer from the Wave

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by IndoorSoccerNews, Mar 15, 2012.

1. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BOGO $16 seats for game #2 of the Championship series...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgwHy7otxyM"]Milwaukee Wave v Missouri Comets GM 2 MISL Playoffs US Cellular Arena March 11th 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

2. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to get technical on you, but the Wave have 5 indoor titles, not 5 MISL titles. Three of their championships were in the NPSL, one was in MISL II, and one was in MISL III

3. IndoorSoccerNews

Nov 28, 2010
    Maryland
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're talking about the video, and not me, right?

I find the "world champions" thing a bit humorous too. Hardly even "regional champions" in these days of the MISL. Even "national champions" would be a far stretch of a claim...

4. TheRealist67

TheRealist67 Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Didn't members of the NHL's Original Six call themselves World Champions back in the day? Not saying it's valid, but it's not a claim that is unique to indoor.

5. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least with the Original Six NHL, two countries were involved.

6. TheRealist67

TheRealist67 Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Canada's our 51st state.

7. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Those BOGO seats were in the premier section, or the 400 level. Basically you're up so high you can nearly lick the ceiling rafters. There was a very good crowd yesterday and only a small portion of them were in the premier seats. But having the attendance over 5k was a bretty big crowd considering Baltimore only drew a about 800 more. I was impressed with the crowd size at both games given the short turnaround time to get tickets and the complete lack of coverage in both markets by the general media. The team however, for how much I've complained about the small amount of marketing in the past, did a fantastic job of advertising the finals.