Boca Juniors vs Corinthians, Wednesday June 27 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Once they scored we quit winning the 50/50 balls and had to work way to hard to move the ball around. Goals on set pieces and counters, no surprises there. All we have to do is win on the road and I couldn't think of a better player to have in that situation other than Roman. I can't decide if it was an ugly game or not.

2. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Very frustrating night.Ref I thought didn't give us much you expect to get more of the 50-50 calls when playing at home.
    As usual we didn't make the most of our chances whereas Corinthians did.They still have to come out and beat us though and I don't think they can.
    Massive performance needed in Brazil but we can do it.
    Vamos Boca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Will Roman be suspended for the away game?

He picked an yellow in chile vs La U, and another today :(

4. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    A crying shame! They did score on the counter but our defense was in place. Schiavi & Clemente really screwed up on that one. Not an impossible task to think that we can win in Brazil, but what a missed opportunity.

5. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    No they are not as fussy about yellows in South America as Europe lol

6. Gabriel Moreno

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    VAI CORINTHIANS.

7. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Don't be celebrating too soon.It;s only half time!!

8. Gabriel Moreno

Jun 4, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm not celebrating.

9. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brazilian teams have shown to be very beatable in 2nd legs at home @ Libertadores games....specially against Argentinian opposition. Hopefully it will happen again.

10. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am so ********ing pissed. We had them and we let them off the hook. And this kid that nobody ever heard off comes in and scores. Unbelievable! I'm out.

Bostero818 repped this.
  11. Calabreza

Calabreza New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Boca always play better in the away games. Bombonera is beautiful but the team play worse in there. I hope to see my dear beloved Corinthians champion but this is not going to be easy

12. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That goal to tie the game ruined my day.... I'm too passionate for this end like this even if it is the 1da......GAH FACK!!!!!!!!!

13. el-torero

el-torero Member

Aug 10, 2011
    malaysia
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :(

roman to win it for boca at next away match

hopefully

14. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I kind of fell asleep before the game right after Vasco stopped talking(Who I think will manage Boca one day, and Massa is right about his opinion about him). I did watch the last 45 minutes. Mouche seems to be so off for you guys, I feel that Román seems to be wasting his talent when he passes to Mouche(maybe that is me, but from the last couple games I have seen Mouche play he was poor). I felt Boca were the better team and should've won, a red and a PK would of closed the door for Corinthians, but the call was not made. Boca were also unlucky not to score in the dying seconds of the game. It will be a tougher game next time around, Boca will need to put away their chances. Best of luck to you bosteros.

Moishe repped this.
  15. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Goes both ways.. For example, Roncaglia should have been sent off in the first half, yet the ref gave him an extra life and he ended up scoring Boca's only goal..

16. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't see that, so maybe you are right. I keep watching them and seems like Silva is not the player he was at Velez and Mouche is not giving much in the last few games, and Cvitanich probably should start.

17. Calabreza

Calabreza New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Yeah Silva is not the player he was at Velez, he seems more like the player he was at Corinthians...

18. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Silva has become more of a target man to bring others in to attack as opposed to being the scorer. it can work as long as the other forward starts scoring some goals again. Mouche needs to come off the bench where he can focus for a while prior to coming in the match. I said it in another thread but Mouche is so ********ing frustrating to watch play. As for Cvitanich, he can stay on the bench and I say we start Lucas Viatri. Lucas makes things happen plus he's one of those forwards that the ball seems to always find. His header at the end of the match off the bar was so close to making me enjoy my scotch even more. Boca on the road in Brazil actually doesn't intimidate me much, we do alright when visiting our neighbors.

19. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The worrying thimg for me is that we seem to be considerably below par in converting our chances. Its been the same for a few games now, really need to be more clinical.

20. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I would send Mouche to the bench and start Cvitanich. I don't care if Mouche starts bitching or not, he hasn't done anything to deserve to be a starter for these last 2 games. Mouche is way better as a sub...that's a fact!

21. Nutusoccer

Nutusoccer Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Agreed. Cvitanich and Blandi anyone?

22. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Fair enough you must be feeling fairly confident though.I was pretty impressed with your defence you played a very solid game.
    Would love to see Viatri start but you know there is no way JCF will bench Silva.I find Silva frustrating as well,he is offside too much and gives away silly freekicks that relieve the pressure on our opponents

23. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    That would be great, he's our good luck charm. He's deserves more playing time in the Copa, and I doubt he would miss the goals that Mouche did these past 2 games.

24. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Like this one?

:eek:

Ok.. I'll leave! :p

25. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I was talking about Blandi, though. It should be a crime to miss a goal like that! LMAO :D