Boca Juniors at Fluminense Wednesday May 23 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, May 21, 2012.

1. bustos21

bustos21 Member

Aug 13, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Hopefully our boys have a better game in the semis..... who will be our opponent?

2. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    In the end, the better team over the 2 legs moved on, but this was an almost epic bad performance by Boca. Having survived it, it really encourages me because I don't think they can play this badly again anytime soon. At least, I hope. I guess there had to be a man of the match so they gave to Silva. That award should probably be vacated :D.

Final Four, here we come!

RIQUELME10 repped this.
  3. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Haha Silva man of the match why not?!!Never been so happy after such a terrible performance!!Velez or Santos in the Semi.Bring it on!

4. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I would prefer Velez in order to avoid the travel. Also, Santos can reach peaks that Velez simply cannot.

5. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    And where is English Bostero during all this? He's been missing for weeks now.

6. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Riquelme summed it up well.First time in the game we managed 3 consecutive passes we scored!
    I really don't mind who we get in the Semis we are sure to suffer anyway lol

7. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I heard a rumor he was spending too much time here, accidently said Malvinas and now is suffering the consequences.....

Moishe repped this.
  8. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Apparently Boca cannot face Santos.It will be Velez if they get through or if not the winner of the Uni de Chile v Libertad game.

9. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't get to witness the silence in the Rio stadium. Why can't we play Santos?

10. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Oh really? He didn't seem like the type that would start trouble on purpose. I hope his infraction was not so grave that he's banished forever Thanks for the info.

11. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Im just messin around though I have no idea where he is. I was just making the joke that he said Malvinas in England because if someone were to talk about the Falklands to the the wrong person here theyd probably get a solid ass kicking.

12. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I probably should have seen through that one. :)
    I hope he's okay.

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They are in the opposite bracket. But if Velez wins the two Argentine teams have to face each other.

14. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I woke up the entire neighbourhood after Silva scored. Grande Pelado!

Entre los 4 mejores del Sudamerica!

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  16. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
  17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Props to Rivero. I was missing Ledesma all game, but in the end that play he made that got us through was vintage Ledesma. El Burrito came through.

19. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Don Libertadores:cool:

Overall what a dreadful performance. Honestly it was our defense and Orion that saved our asses in this one. We've gotten in to the habit of making strong timely tackles which was kind of missing for a while. Hard but clean. Can't blame Orion on the free kick goal and his save on the blast late in the second half was huge. I hope we can hold on to him for a long time.

Silva and Cvitanich were for the most garbage. Cvitanich should never have started over Mouche in this match. As has already been pointed out, take away that goal and he was absolutely forgettable tonight. Erbes? Meh. He just doesn't do it for me. I've tried but never been impressed. Erviti wasn't good at all, hice touch was really heavy which caused him to turn the ball over a lot. Rivero on the other hand played his short ass off tonight. Not always pretty but his attempt off the post was a nice go at goal. Now on to Don Libertadores. 92.5 minutes of arguably his most uninspired play in a long time and then he makes one pass and all is forgotten.

I hope we've gotten our shit performances out of the way because tonight ain't going to cut it.

20. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I read somewhere that Mexico was a possibility. Isn't that a step down? or at the very least a lateral move? This is where I get annoyed with athletes, I dont give a shit if theyre bad people. Just please dont have an ego that will bring your team down

21. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    And what a freakin' pass it was! Watching live, I had turned away for a second and only turned back right at Rivero's first touch. I never saw that orgasmic pass. What a genius! To think that there will come a day when I won't get to watch this man play anymore.

22. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know. I heard there was interest from Catania, but he might make more money in Mexico and have less pressure and less competition for a starting job. If that's what he wants, then fine.

It's a shame about his attitude because he is a talented player and he's contributed a lot this season. There is nothing wrong with wanting more playing time, but the way he said it and the timing was just wrong. This is not an isolated quote, he's always been a selfish player. And Boca has enough other good forwards right now. Silva, Viatri, Cvitanich, Blandi, plus Araujo and Gaona Lugo coming up, so they'll have to sell somebody anyway.

But that's a topic for later. Right now what's important is for Boca to finish up strong. To be a champion you have to be able to get a result on a day when things aren't working well, but we can't afford another game like yesterday, especially the first half. This team is better than that. Maybe I'm greedy but I'm hoping Boca can win Copa Libertadores, the league, and the cherry on top would be to have a superclasico in Copa Argentina and beat River. That would make for an unforgettable season. VAMOS BOCA!!!

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    ASF nailed most if not all of the answer to your question. He could make a much better living playing in Mexico than he can with Catania and with the quality of Serie A lately that would probably be a good thing. Also I've like the continuous elevation of play in the FMF over the past few years. Maybe a notch below futbol Argentino in quality and prestige but still fun to watch compared to a lot of what I've seen outside of Europe. Also if you have to play in Mexico the DF is probably one of the safest parts of the country these days.

Ultimately I wish he would just stfu and grow up. Moving on is no guarantee that he'll get more playing time nor is it a guarantee that he'll play at all. Just from our two clubs, how many players have moved only to fall off the face of the earth for periods at a time?

24. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like Mouche apologized. Here's his quote, from canchallena:

So, I guess I can let it go this time. Just keep playing well and keep looking for your teammates, Pablito.

25. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hopefully, he doesn't turn into Tevez. Great player with a bad attitude.