Boca Juniors at Fluminense Wednesday May 23 (r)

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, May 21, 2012.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    [​IMG] VS [​IMG]

Date: Wednesday May 23
    Time: 19:30 (Hora Argentina)
    Stadium: Fluminense
    Ref: Enrique Osses (Chile)

VAMOS BOCA, A LA SEMIFINAL!!!

2. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Here we go again! I feel like we'll need a bit more from Don Libertadores in this leg. I am very confident in Falcioni's ability to coax the necessary result of this team. For my part, I would open things up, even being away since Flu's defense can be a liability. And I'd really like our chances after getting a goal, knowing that Flu would have to score 3.

3. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Question for ASF or anyone from the Bay Area.

Do you know of any place in the vicinity of San Jose airport where I could see the game? Is there any Argentino bar/restaurant/etc that is known to show Fox Deportes?

I have a flight out of San Jose at 6:15, so I was hoping to catch the game and still make the plane. Else will just try to stream on my laptop, which will be a pain on a public wifi.

4. RIQUELME10

RIQUELME10 Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Silva is fit to return so only question will be if Cvitanich or Mouche gets the start.
    Very tough call I but I think Mouche has earned the spot with recent performances

Moishe repped this.
  5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I don't know any Argentine bars near the SJ airport, there's not much anywhere in the Bay Area. But perhaps you might try a British Pub called Britannia Arms on West Santa Clara Street, a couple of blocks from HP Pavillion. They always show a lot of soccer and as I recall they did show Copa America, so they just might have Copa Libertadores. And right next to it there's a place that sells Argentine empanadas, called Mmoon, and while it's a small fast food place they do have a giant screen so it's possible that they might show it. There's also another nice Sports Bar nearby in the next block called Los Gatos Brewing Company, but it's mostly for the Sharks hockey fans, so it would be a longshot. I know a Peruvian bar in Redwood City where South Americans get together to watch CL, but it's a good half hour away, you'd probably miss your flight.

atomicbloke repped this.
  6. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    I prefer Mouche coming off the bench. In terms of goal output, I think you get just as much with him coming off the bench as you do with him starting the game. So I'd go with Cvitanich to start and keep an eye on how Silva is doing...You bring in Mouche for either of them at around minute 65 or so depending on how things are unfolding.

7. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Silva is back, but Somoza and Ledesma are not.

Likely starters (4-3-1-2)

........................Orion
    Roncaglia....Schiavi...Insaurrale...Clemente
    .........Rivero.....Erbes....Erviti
    .........................Riquelme
    ......Cvitanich/Mouche....Silva

The only doubt is Mouche or Cvitanich. Both have been playing well, but just like Riquelme10, I'd like to see Cvitanich start and Mouche come in fresh sometime in the second half to change things up.

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Fluminense will have only one change from the starting lineup that lost 1-0 in Buenos Aires. Carlinhos, suspended due to his red card, will be replaced by Carleto. Deco and Fred are still unavailable, but Wellington Nem is ready and will be on the bench.

Likely lineup:
    Diego Cavalieri; Bruno, Gum, Anderson, Carleto; Edinho, Jean, Wagner, Thiago Neves; Rafael Sobis, Rafael Moura

9. Bostero818

Bostero818 Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am so ready to see this one go down. ¡quiero la copa! I wanted Ledesma to be back when will he be able to return?

10. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Considering the injuries I like most of this line-up. Erviti and Romero have really come on to be players I look forward to watching. Rivero strikes me as an RM with a DM mentality. Erviti I like because he can be a very creative and exciting player....I just wish his finishing was a bit better. Erbes I've tried to warm up to but he's no Seba or Somoza. I would actually like to see Benavidez play as the #5 based on his last few appearances.

As for the Silva/Mouche/Cvitanich dilemma, I'd start with Silva and Mouche. Silva is a beast to defend and he does so much more than score. Mouche is plain exciting, never seems to tire and his pace causes big problems for defenses. I think the presence of those two free up Don Libertadores more so than any combo of the two with Cvitanich. I really like Dario as a player but I've always felt that he and Silva on the pitch together kinda cancel each other out to a certain degree. Based off of what I saw from Viatri against Racing I wouldn't be opposed to seeing him come of the bench. The golazo aside, his off the ball movement was very good and smart, more so than pre-injury. Throw Blandi in to the mix and all of a sudden we have some depth up front.

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Apparently Boca's players spent a rough night in Rio, courtesy of the Fluminense fans with their fireworks and shouts. I guess it comes with the territory. Hopefully it won't affect their game.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Reportedly Cvitanich will start alongside Silva and Mouche will be on the bench.

13. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Like I said before, I am on board with Falcioni on that one. With Mouche, it's a case of getting diminishing returns. His contributions over 25-30 minutes will not be that much less than what you get over 90 minutes, especially when you consider his bone head plays will be limited. He would bring in instant energy coming off the bench and is a much better ace in the hole option than Cvitanich.

14. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'm feeling it already, it's going to be a war!

15. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Aqui viene Boca....para ganar!

16. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Y dale alegría, alegría a mi corazón
    Lo único que te pido, ganemos hoy
    La Copa Libertadores es mi obsesión
    Tenés que dejar el alma y el corazón
    Y vas a ver no somos como los de river plate.

17. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, Flu came out all-out to attack. Either they score or we do.

18. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Hard fought match so far and the ref is letting them play. Hope it doesn't escalate into nastiness. We can't afford to go a man down against this team.

19. BocaBoiUK

BocaBoiUK Member

Jan 26, 2010
    South Shields
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Awful goal to give away.

20. xdryza

xdryza Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    That was pathetic!

21. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn, that bounced off Rivero. I thought their best shot to score was the dead balls.

22. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Wow! Is it me or is that was one of the weirdest bounces? Orion could do nothing about that one.
    0-1 Boca. Things are getting complicated.

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Bad luck. Now they are going to have to fight the adversity.

VAMOS BOCA!!!

24. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    The defense is not holding up well at all. Fluminense is playing at a much faster speed. Our midfield needs to take control of this match.

25. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    After the goal Boca lost the plot. I'm almost hoping for halftime so they can regroup.