Bobby Warshaw at Bærum

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  3. Howard the Drake

Feb 27, 2010
    is this basically another extended trial from a guy Dallas isn't keeping (like Nanchoff from Portland)?

4. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    I have no idea, but I did read that Dallas is paying his full salary so he's basically there free of cost for Ängelholm. Not much to report on his performances so far, after his work permit was fixed he played 90 minutes in last weeks Swedish Cup game against a lower division club and then spent 90 minutes on the bench in this weekends league game. The local paper describes Warshaws performance in the cup game as solid, but no more detail is given.

5. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

I watched Ängelholm fight bravely to bring home one point earlier tonight in a difficult away game against top team GIF Sundsvall. Both of the Ängelholm americans played their part in the result too. Their team parked the bus for most of the game so I can't give to many details about Warshaws performance beyond that he did his part defensively. He also caught an elbow to his nose which started bleeding so much that he had to change his shirt but apparantly they didn't bring any backups so he had to change his number halfway through the game! But more importantly Warshaw also scored the 2-1 goal for Ängelholm in one of their rare attacks. Then towards the end of the game the other american Matt Pyzdrowski did his part by making several crucial saves as Sundsvall chased the win. He was also a bit lucky with a shot hitting the post, but a good performance from Pyzdrowski overall.

Tom Collingsworth and Testudo repped this.
  6. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

I didn't watch the game but Warshaw scored again today, this time a big 94th minute equalizing goal on what was apparantly Ängelholms first shot on target during the entire match! It's a bit hard to know what to make of Warshaws general performance so far on this loan since I only watched one game of his but it seems really mixed with him scoring twice already but also being benched for entire games in between. Ängelholm have distanced themselves a bit from the relegation battle now and it will probably be pretty smooth sailing for them in midtable for the remaining six games of the season.

Tom Collingsworth, Hararea and Testudo repped this.
  7. LaxAttack

LaxAttack Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

I watched Ängelholm play a 1-1 draw earlier tonight away against Örgryte where Warshaw scored once again! I was actually not that impressed by his performance up to that point but after his goal I felt that he played better. He was moved up top towards the later parts of the game and also had another goal which was correctly disallowed for offside. Overall I feel that Ängelholm should win a game like this because Örgryte in most parts really look like a third tier team and not Superettan quality. Still though when it comes to Warshaw his goalscoring form has been very impressive, can keep it up for the remaining games?

10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  11. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

Well, it seems like William Robert Warshaw was the MLS player that Berhalter should have signed to his nonscoring Hammarby team, because he certainly keeps collecting Superettan goals for Ängelholm. This time helped by a really clumsy sequence from fellow american Patrick Hopkins and another Ljungskile player, but still with a knack for showing up in the right place.

Testudo repped this.
  13. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

For someone who was brought in on loan to be a backup defender Warshaw is certainly looking more and more like a great attacking success for Ängelholm. He scored another two goals yesterday when his team easily beat relegation candidates IFK Värnamo 5-2.

Tom Collingsworth, Testudo and Hararea repped this.
  14. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    ... and this time against Hammarby as Ängelholm win 3-2! What's Warshaws contract situation like with FC Dallas? I would have to assume that there are alot of interest from clubs here in Sweden after all the goals he's scored since arriving.

15. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, kid is on fire. It'd seem like the next logical step for him would be the Allsvenskan. But actually playing in MLS wouldn't be a bad move either.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FC Dallas has an option for next year on Bobby's contract.

http://soccerblog.dallasnews.com/2013/10/reviewing-the-contract-status-of-the-fcd-roster.html/

Seeing as their coach just stepped down (and the technical director may or may not follow), I don't think anybody has a good feel for whether they want Bobby back.

If I had to guess, though, I'd say he'll be released.

17. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010

I got the chance to watch him play today as he was involved in the game in the final round where Falkenberg beat Ängelholm to achieve promotion to Allsvenskan. My guess would be that Warshaw had been moved back to a more defensive position again in this game compared to the games I didn't watch so I didn't really notice him much as Falkenberg was in charge for most of the 90 minutes even though Ängelholm put up a decent fight. But of course he did once again show up at the right place at the right time to score his final goal för Ängelholm!

18. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    With the season having ended this past weekend Warshaw seems to be in limbo until FC Dallas gets a new manager according to an article today. Warshaw comments that he's just waiting to hear from his club what they want to do, either call him back to the US or release him. He expects that it will take another ten days to two weeks before they will let him know.

19. HopperKowalski

Aug 16, 2012
    So I'm getting the vibe that Warshaw is back in Dallas

20. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    http://www.bigdsoccer.com/2014-fc-d...6/loans-on-the-way-for-some-fc-dallas-players

FCD has decided to loan Bobby Warshaw out again, with Europe mentioned as a possibility.

Back to Sweden? We'll see.................................

21. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    Tom Collingsworth, Testudo and m vann repped this.