Boardwalk Empire - season 3

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Sep 9, 2012.

1. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    One might say that Van Alden is breaking bad.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  2. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Richard and Julia were endearing.
    What on earth was the girl who told Tommy to go into that room thinking? That's not really in line with how Gillian is shown to run her brothel.
    I'm a bit curious how they will solve the mess Nucky finds himself in now. Realistically speaking he should be toast. And if they want to stay at all faithful to the real-life characters, than Masseria cannot die yet.

3. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is all speculation on my part, but maybe this is where running Mellon's distillery comes in? Having a distillery sounds like a way bigger operation than what he was doing unloading ships on the Atlantic City docks and driving them through Jersey to get to NY. With the distillery, he can do a greater volume of booze and (assuming the distillery is somewhere else not in Jersey) doesn't have to transport it through where Rosetti has set up his roadblock.

So his clients are getting more booze and Rosetti becomes obsolete. War with Masseria no longer an issue.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Kind of a slow episode for me. The last scene with Rosetti wearing that cap? Come on.

5. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That scene had me laughing, he goes walking about proud and thinking he's the Mad general. All the guys are like, wtf is he on. I think his right hand man even rolled his eyes a little.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This season has picked up in quality around the halfway mark, but I still think it's in spite or Rosetti, not because of him. The question that has yet to be answered: why would Masseria put so much fate into someone he didn't even trust five minutes ago and who has a history of being a massive loose canon? He is betting his entire future on this guy!

7. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

8. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    "Like Mom."
    "Or imbecile."
    [goes over it in his head] "Well no, that's not..."

:D

9. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Also loved how Means put into practice the thing he said he admired about Nucky the first time they met: turning a bad situation to his favor.

10. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Things are getting interesting.....

Man Rosetti was just brutal last night, with how he hacked the guys head buried in the sand.... it creeped me out lol.

Sad too about owen ending up dead in a box.... I hope they explain how he died next episode.... so far... highly entertained...

I wonder how nucky will get himself out of this one...

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I knew there was a good chance that Owen would be toast when Nucky sent him after Masseria. I doubt they would change the real history to that extent. So either Owen was going to die trying to kill him or the hit would have been called off at the last minute.

It's a bit of a shame that the Owen character was never properly used. I felt somewhat the same about Angela last year.

12. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    One scene that didn't make much sense: Nucky and his crew know that Rosetti and Masseria are likely going to try and dispose of them. So why bring a box into his home without knowing its contents? It could have been rigged with explosives instead of containing a corpse. Especially this soon after just surviving another bomb attack.

Umar repped this.
  13. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    How did Luciano know about the hit?

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I wondered about that too. At best they would have been aware of the fact that Nucky was going to try and take out Masseria. They could not have known any of the details...

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    There is a rat.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  16. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the dirty agent.

17. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's so hard to understand? Luciano told the Italian that Nucky was actively planning to take him out -- so he started taking precautions, like telling the baths attendant to watch out for anybody coming in. If he knew an attack was imminent, this is not hard to believe.

18. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think it was clear that Lucian knew the actual details, hence the whispering.

Belgian guy repped this.
  19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I get that, but wouldn't Masseria have been more careful anyway? Luciana whispered something in his ear after having already told Masseria that Nucky was going to attempt to have him killed. That would suggest that Luciano had at least some notion of the where and when.

20. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Looks like you beat me to it. ;)

21. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    As far as I can tell, there were just four (besides Owen himself) people who had some notion of the details of the plan:
    Nucky
    The dirty agent whose name escapes me
    Eli
    Mickey Doyle

The only likely candidates to have ratted him out are the agent and Doyle. Doyle has a past of jumping sinking ships. He has done so already on two occasions.

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hmmm.... so is Doyle... FINALLY going to get his? That guy should have died some time last season!

23. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    From the HBO interview with Charlie Cox after the last episode.
    I really hope they give us a better explanation than "his head was elsewhere". He has been presented as too much of a professional for that to have been the case.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea seriously.... Owen was supposed to be the next Jimmy aka a guy you CANT kill, and is the enforcer. For him to die and only for it to be explained as 'he stopped thinking like a killer' is crap. They need to show how it happened, or have somerhing better.

25. Boogie_Down

Boogie_Down Member+

Jul 7, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The end of tonight's episode made me fist pump a few times.