Blue Horseshoe loves MANU - The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Impressive to see RVP quite mobile after the murder attempt. He should speak to victim support groups up and down the land about overcoming a traumatic event.

2. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini: "It's the same story for us at Sunderland every year, we are not going to come here next season. But last year we didn't win here and we won the title.

Not sure I get this statement, was it correctly transcribed? The only meaning I read is he is saying that Sunderland are going down which would put him on the level of SAF when it comes to losing with a bad grace and a mean spirit.

3. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my freaking score app said that newcastle won 4-3 :(

sadly wrong

4. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He could have killed him. :D

Yaroni repped this.
  5. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    I am sure the Mackems are excited to hear that Citeh are going to forfiet that fixture next season

good three points for them imo

6. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    Challenge to Manchester United: Keep a clean sheet

Difficulty: Impossible

7. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'd swap league positions and clean sheets with them in a heartbeat.

jcm28 and Yaroni repped this.
  8. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    QPR manager Harry Redknapp: "We had two terrible decisions that have cost us dearly."
    On West Brom's second goal: "It was a foul, the fella's (Marc Antoine-Fortune) backing him (Robert Green) into the goal. He's got no intention of playing the ball. He couldn't get a punch on the ball. It's a blatant foul. And at the end it's a blatant penalty. Ridgewell's got his hands up. They are scandalous decisions. I can't do nothing about it. It's just poor refereeing. I had him (referee Chris Foy) at Stoke last year when I was Tottenham manager and he let three penalties go so what's the point in talking to him?
    "I can't do anything about it. It's just poor refereeing. We battered them in the last 20 minutes, we just couldn't get the equaliser."

so last week it was overpayed players, this week it is the ref, what is it going to be next week 'Arry? Global Warming.

and as for Chris Foy- he gifted QPR three points last season against us which kept them in the Prem so perhaps you should be thanking him because without that you would still only have your agent linking you to jobs instead of actually having one

hudson hooligan repped this.
  9. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    and the response from Clarkey

West Brom manager Steve Clarke on his side's controversial second goal: "Marc-Antoine Fortune didn't do a lot wrong. He stood his ground and Rob [Green] didn't get round him."
    On the penalty call: "When you're down the bottom you're going to shout for every decision and they are right to shout for them. But the referee can't give it. It has hit Liam [Ridgewell's] arm from about one yard away.
    "I don't want to talk about controversial decisions. I want to talk about having 33 points after 19 games. Up until they scored we had complete control and people should give us respect. There was a gulf between the teams. We passed the ball well, created some half chances, while they looked like a team at the bottom of the table."

love it, absolutely love it

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The hardest job 'Arry has this season is not keeping QPR up, it is to find new excuses week in week out. I could not be happier that that man has that job.

The Other MJ and fernb8 repped this.
  11. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    +1

two piles of shit destined to be doomed in the same cess pool

feck em both and I hope this will be yet another team he relegated and leads to financial ruin

12. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    very Jose-esque from Clarkey eh KDB?

13. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed mate. Love seeing his growth as a manager in all facets of the game (and handling the media in the 21st century is a big part of it). Of course we'll no doubt bring him in, let him win a pot or three and fire him after we only scrape a 4-1 win at Old Trafford.

I'm only half kidding.

sstarch1 repped this.
  14. Passage

Passage Member

Feb 25, 2007
    USA
    As any sane individual would

15. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ian Darke@IanDarkeESPN
    Thriller at Old Trafford. But intimidation of officials from Ferguson crossed a line.

17. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It did. But so did the reaction of the Newcastle bench when they flooded the technical area. Not looking to forgive Fergie but it should be noted that neither club were innocent up there today.

18. The Other MJ

The Other MJ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I find this frustrating. What line did Ferguson supposedly cross? Because he says petulant, ridiculous, intemperate things seemingly every week. This seemed perfectly in character for him.

If that was crossing a line, then Ferguson basically lives on the wrong side of said line. I'm sure that - as a Chelsea fan - I am biased and have a heightened sensitivity to the more unsavoury aspects of his behaviour, but the selective outrage about his outbursts is maddening. If you're going to consistently ignore (and indeed often venerate) his childish "mind games"/intimidation, then it is comical to feign offence when he displays a slightly more crass version of the very same behaviour. He has been celebrated and encouraged for 25 years; the line became fuzzy a long time ago.

cr7torossi or nimma: I'm sure you're bored of dealing with other teams' fans attacking Ferguson, but how do you feel about his behaviour? Am I being unfair?

chief232, Wrath and schafer repped this.
  19. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My friend is still saying that from FIFA '10 or '11 lol.

As for the Mancini/Sunderland quote, I'm pretty sure he was joking and saying they aren't going to bother with the trip next season since they never get anything from it.

20. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    glad those Blackburn fans got what they wanted with Kean out

at least they have a new, long term Manager....

oops

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just came on here to post that. All those protests and I'm actually not even a little bit sorry. What those fans put that bloke through was horrendous and they have their reward now. Supporters should be more wary about getting what we wish for, there's a reason we typically don't run the clubs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20679610

22. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    seriously, who protests AGAINST their current manager..........................

23. JediSoccer

JediSoccer Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Spokane, Washington
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    He's just been so unlucky the past month+ or so. No luck whatsoever. Savvy?

24. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20857613

nothing to see here

Ferguson said that he remained calm during the conversation, and that he was happy with the way Dean dealt with the incident.

"I think Mike Dean handled it well. He is an experienced referee - mature. There was no ranting and raving from me," he said,

"I was demonstrative but I'm always demonstrative. I'm an emotional guy."

seems good enough for the FA as bacon face against skates free

25. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I seriously want Real to thrash them.