Blue Horseshoe loves MANU - The Other Teams' Thread - [R]

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by fernb8, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Opta Sports@OptaJoe
    91 - Paul Scholes has now collected 91 yellow cards in the Premier League, only Kevin Davies & Lee Bowyer have more. Agricultural.

2. slipereypete

slipereypete BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    EFC/UTD has the pace of a F1 qualifying lap... Fellani is such a boss, would luv to add him to the collection of Belgians.

Walter3000 repped this.
  3. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    De Gea is out of his mind ATM

4. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    What a great first half. Hopefully it continues into the 2nd.

5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    The thing about Fellaini though is if he ever played for your lot or us, he would get carded a lot more for using his elbows all the time. He gets away with it at for Everton

6. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Thank you Mr Fellani!!!!!!!!!

7. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Per Fellanini: I recall Ballack doing this to Utd a few times. His size/skill/physicality bossed Utd and they didnt have an answer for it.

8. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    What a great game. Well done to Everton. Shocked that Everton actually look like they will get off to a great start unlike previous years.

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    It would help if we had a fit CB to play at CB.

Time to start thinking about putting Rio to pasture since we were counting on him to be fit for this one.

Damn, 3 unnecessary points dropped.

10. hudson hooligan

hudson hooligan Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Aug 6, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT: Manchester United 0 - 1 Everton

Excellent results all around for the first round of the EPL. All of our rivals drop points, save for Man City, of course. But, then again, they showed they're capable of conceding goals, so there are positives to glean from that. Otherwise, a perfect opening to the season for our sake.

ManU never looked like they were going to take the points from Everton. That was maybe the most complete performance I've ever seen from the Toffees. If Fellaini plays like that for the rest of the season, they'll be a real force to reckon with.

fernb8 repped this.
  11. schafer

schafer Member+

Mar 12, 2004
    Are your centrebacks training on concrete or something? The consistency of the injuries you've had back there is astonishing.

12. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    We probably hired Arsenal's physios.

13. RamboTambo

RamboTambo Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL! But we were there too four or five years back when we had Essien playing as CB!

14. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    RvP and Rooney are likely to be less than the sum of their constituent parts..........which was always the worry of reinforcing a crowded offense while mysteriously relying on geriatrics and the perpetually injured in central midfield. The thing I found fascinating is that Utd. deserved to lose that game, which is not common against inferior teams for them.

15. Dear_Claudio

Dear_Claudio Member+

Feb 6, 2005
    Buffalo, New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Anderson is now 24 years old. Is he ever going to be anything other than shit?

fernb8 repped this.
  16. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Glad I am not the only one who feels this way. I am so sick of hearing about "the next Roy Keane or Paul Scholes" every time Utd sign a CM under the age of 25.

In other news, it looks like Scotty Sinclair is edging closer to a move to Citeh. I suppose he has not heard of Adam Johnson. I also can't wait for the response to that move from a certain contingent on this board.

17. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    actually i thought A johnson was moving on from city?

18. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    would be hard to find anyone to take on his wages

19. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    He is trying but per pete he has some wage issues. The point is that if one supposedly next England star winger did not make it, does that really bode well for Scotty?

20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who else have you got for that position? Isn't Evans still in harness?

I have to say, I was a bit surprised to see Carrick alongside Vidic who was only just getting back himself. It was always gonna be tough against Everton who have both good people to head the ball and some decent crossers of it too.

I don't think too many sides will find it easy up there.

21. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I thought his yellow card tackle was a straight red, tbh. Tackle from behind at full speed and force? Shocking!

22. BlueRebelZ

BlueRebelZ Member+

Aug 2, 2011
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Bit surprised that manutd signed Büttner, I've seen Vitesse games for past 2 years & all the games bar 2 last season, thanks to our lot being on loan. Decent attacking option but sometimes he's pants at defending. Early in the season he had made life difficult for Kalas quite a few times, solely by his habit of bad back passes. Which is why I wanted him to play as left midfield for them, when PVA moved there on loan in January. But VdB is a version of Owen Coyle, kept switching him between positions, mainly played as leftback though.

Think he might be found out many times if teams really take the game to united. His most goals are, if I'm not mistaken, from penalty spot. He used to take penalties after Bony missed some & Van Ginkel did not take them.

23. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Evans and Smalling are the main ones, Jones at a stretch as well.

Essentially with Evans having a scheduled operation and Smalling being out for a while, we really did need Rio to be fit.

24. slipereypete

Nov 29, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA, USA
    @dan_bu
    Rummenigge: These problems could be solved very easily, if Bilbao would accommodate us with a bit of help, but they don't.

oh lolllllllllllllll

*world's smallest violin playing so hard*

BlueRebelZ and Cris 09 repped this.
  25. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Jones might end up being a good CB but he's still a bit raw as fas as I'm concerned.