Blech's Eliminator Cup - 2012-13

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by blech, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's a tiebreaker ........................................:eek:

2. DrHeckle

DrHeckle BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Also... note to organiser.. any "Tooawesomefortheleagueyouarein" penalty needs to be announced in advance of GW.... not applied retrospectively :p

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    why? :)

5-point deduction just for mouthing off again this week seems right....

i'll be back shortly. off to look at the scores.......

Sonabert and DrHeckle repped this.
  4. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    well, it looked like yet another tie, with Central Park Rangers and FC Weymouth squaring off on 47 points. fortunately for both of them, the self-proclaimed Sir Bigger Boat opened his pie-hole and started yapping not nice things about the "organiser" and promptly received a 5-point penalty. i'll confess that i hadn't thought about it before, but 5 points really does seem like the right number, since that's how many points he got from Fellaini's double gameweek and he never should have been allowed to drop him and then pick him back up. i know, i know, he'll come back with some retort about it not being his fault that he's head and shoulders above the rest of his league and, if we're lucky, he'll throw in a nice profanity-laced tirade about how he's looking forward to more competition in the future. or, maybe he won't have had any vino yet, and he'll say it more politely, but surely we'll find out soon enough.

interestingly, with those 5 points deducted, the rambling Australian looks to have dipped from 51 to a lowly 46 points. hmmm. quite the predicament.

. . .

. . .

. . .

tempting as it is to boot the boat, i just don't have it in me. and, it's really not worth hearing him rant about it. and, it will really be so much better to let him back in and have the pressure of making it to the finish. so, in anticipation of the inevitable appeal that we would otherwise receive from Sir BB shortly, the 5-point penalty has been conditionally rescinded, with the conditions being that he drop and pick up Fellaini, Michu, and Cazorla at least 2 times each during the remaining 5 weeks of the season.

with that business out of the way, we return to CPR and FCW, stuck on 47. for those tracking stats at home, while there have been a number of ties this season, we have to go back to gameweek 23 to find the last one. that week ended up with 3 teams tied at 47, coincidentally the same number of points that will see departure this week. CPR, who has made a recent habit of living on the edge with danger zone visits in each of the last 4 gameweeks, was one of the 3 teams tied at 47 back in gw23. unfortunately, the tiebreaker falls the wrong way this time, and CPR is sent packing after having all of those Baines' captaincy points removed under the first tiebreaker. this was the 5th time this season that CPR scored 47 points in a week, but this week it ended up falling just short.

while CPR made it close with the benefit of the autocaptaincy shift to vice captain Baines, FCW sends out a warm thank you to Kevin Nolan, whose 4 points from autosub ended up providing the necessary margin for survival.

that leaves 5 teams. vegas, kopite, bigger boat, FCWeymouth, and WhataBunchofMuppets. carry on.

6. Cantral Park Rangers [47 points; gw33 (tiebreaker)]
    7. Aviators [25 points; gw32]
    8. blechs_dawgs [35 points; gw31]

5. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Excellent write up as always :thumbsup: .... Keep up the good work ;)

6. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    No Vino yet.... so polite version...:coffee:...

Outstanding work....:cry::ROFLMAO: ... that is the funniest post on this Biggy Soccer forum since I did my last Medal post what seems like 1000 years ago.. sensational stuff !

Glad to still be in the race for BE Cup Glory. Sad to see lolshorts go, but I would have actually been better off if Failani (no I did not mispell that) did not play any minutes, as my bench warmer Inglasius Enqrique scored more points in 90 minutes than Failani did in 180.. he is on the chopping block for me now... playing too deep from what I saw of the Arsenal game ;).. that 7.4 can be better spent on another GW36 double gameweeker surely,, (maybe Mata or Yaya are still available in Sand?!) It has been suggested, but could never be proven, that I only re-drafted Failani in to annoy Blech... and that my friends, could not be further from the falseth..:p

Denis Horan and Sonabert repped this.
  7. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Just going to say -- wow -- the scores are tight, everyone left has a piece of ManUnited and no one has any action riding on Villa:

WhataBunchofMuppets -- 30 + 2 + Rafael + RVP(c) (with next position on bench at 3 pts)
    Vegas -- 35+ Vidic + Rooney (with 1 and 2 in next positions on bench)
    Bigger Boat -- 37 + Vidic (or 6 from Cuellar)
    Kopite -- 38 + Rafael + DaGea (c)
    FCWeymouth -- 38+ 3 + Rooney (c)

Everyone except FCW has a piece of the United defense, with Kopite tripling down for good measure. A little bit of an unknown floats around as it is certainly possible that Vidic and/or Rafael end up not playing. In Rafael's case, he sat one of the gw33 games, while Vidic played both in gw33 but missed out in gw32. Best bets would have them in, but there are no guarantees in the land of SAF.

While this can shake out a number of different ways, Bigger Boat may be the one drifting aimlessly at sea if everyone plays. Given the points and coverage, the Boat has to be hoping that Vidic doesn't play and that United concedes, holding everyone else down while grabbing the 6 points currently resting on the bench. This scenario gives the Boat hope, but will still require that Rooney or RVP misfire to make it work.

While the title in clear view at this point, it doesn't feel like a particularly good day to be Villa, and I'm expecting a busy time for Brad Guzan.

DrHeckle and Sonabert repped this.
  8. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rather be in their boots ...... They have the points ! The way my luck has been this weekend RVP will be the one rested on bench & will fet the last 5 for a point.

9. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow, this is close.... nicley summed up by Blech:thumbsup: . Vidic to have some tea and scones on the sideline and United to win 2-1 with Giggs and Herandez to score.. That would also complete my multi-bet this week with a tidy profit thanks to Spurs win and Suarez late heroics..

10. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No Vidic to be seen - not even on the bench. Rafael does start and RvP with 2 goals already.

11. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    15 to play.

Bigger Boat on 43 and Vegas on 42. The Boat will win the tie breaker, so what are odds that Rooney gets 2 BPs?

Kopite could drop to 44 if United concede a goal, but would then need a yellow or dropping a second goal in order for Juniors to drop back into the mix....

FCW and Whata are long since safe.

12. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    Game over. It is now in the hands of the bonus calculator.

13. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    In RVP we trust .... all those blank weeks & then just like buses , along come 3.:rolleyes:

14. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    5. Vegas Virgins [42 points; gw34]
    6. Central Park Rangers [47 points; gw33 (tiebreaker)]
    7. Aviators [25 points; gw32]
    8. blechs_dawgs [35 points; gw31]

And, we're halfway through the final 8.

No magic for Vegas from the bonus points formula, as RVP steals the show and Giggs' 2 assists lock up the #2 spot. I had wondered if he might get something extra for the assist on a potential goal of the year volley, but it wasn't meant to be. Bigger Boat squeaks by without much room to spare, with a final tally of 43. The rest was FCW (51), Kopite (60), and WhataBunch (72).

With Vegas out, the entirety of Small is eliminated.

kopiteinkc repped this.
  15. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Final Four T-shirts being printed?

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    Not many bonus points available for a holding midfielder. The 1st pick in the Small Rocks draft is now a HOLDING $%^@*&%#+%$ MIDFIELDER.

Thanks for all the work Paul. Great Competition.

17. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll have a dozen thanks....:p

I just finished watching the game now after recording it the other night. This FPL does your head in !!

In my open team I was 24pts behind in my Head to Head League and had RVP Captain (he had no one). And in Draft Land... I knew Vegas had Rooney and he needed 6 pts in total form him since Vidic didn't start. RVP scores 1 goal that was awesome but I needed 1 , possibly 2 more. Then Rooney put that magic long ball over and I reckon whilst that ball was in the air my mind changed 50 times as to whether or not I wanted RVP to smash it home... I wanted RVP goal but not Rooney assist ... aaargghhhh. Glad it all worked out but geesh...:confused:

Exciting times in the Eliminator Cup :D

18. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seems close across the final four with one match left today ..

19. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bigger Boat out?

20. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Looks that way :eek: .....Double game week next ..... be interesting ...

kopiteinkc repped this.
  21. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cinderella's are alive, number one goes down!

Sonabert repped this.
  22. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    :(... But at least I got my Final 4 T-Shirt :thumbsup:

Good luck guys.... careful of the Double GW trap :cautious:

kopiteinkc and Sonabert repped this.
  23. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    T-shirt ?:cautious: Wot T-shirt ?:eek: Mines a medium :D
    Double GW trap ? Have I missed something ? Has Dr Heckle created a secret trapdoor by which one of us falls through allowing his return ?:devilish:
    This plot could be more gripping than Suarez's teeth ! :sneaky:

kopiteinkc and DrHeckle repped this.
  24. DrHeckle

Jul 12, 2010
    Cairns
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Example of Double GW Trap..... what i just did... ;)

Bigger Boat:

OUT:
    Fabianski GK ARS
    Kolarov D MCI
    Townsend M QPR
    Fellani M EVE

IN:
    Robles GK WIG
    Luiz D CHE
    Maloney M WIG
    Nasri M MCI

Sonabert repped this.
  25. Sonabert

Sonabert Member+

Jul 29, 2012
    Perth, Western Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Already have a few players, (min of 6) lined up for the double GW, pondering whether to add 1 more to the mix at the cost of 4 points.