Blast @ Soul

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Fanaddict, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I will be going to this game tonight although I expect a small crowd and a beating by the Blast but I still enjoy going.

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like you're at least half right at the moment.

[​IMG]

3. StormFire

StormFire Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Chicago
    Soul win 12-10.

4. Bees89

Bees89 New Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Soul beat Blast. Didn't see Bascome on the bench. Guess we know who the real brains behind all those wins is!

5. traremark

traremark Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Club:
    --other--

I counted 69 fans in that picture Kenn.

6. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UPSET OF THE CENTURY
    Just got back from the game.If anyone would have said the Soul would have a 10-0 lead in the first quarter and hold on for a 12-10 win I would of said give me some of the stuff your smokin.
    I actually counted everyone in the stands and got 473 I'll give them 500 as there could have been people on the concourse or in the bathroom.

7. dcunitedTV

dcunitedTV Member

Sep 30, 2007
    USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WTF. Gotta watch the on demand. What happened?

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently a very poor night for Baltimore. Richey made 24 saves. Storm had 12 blocks. Was bound to happen sometime.

9. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Congratulations to the entire front office of the Chicago Soul (or Soul-less) on their INCREDIBLY successful promotions:

1. Rather than battle fellow Woodfield Mall last-minute holiday shoppers, come to the Sears Centre disguised as an empty gray (black?) seat!

2. Buy one, get one free (and give it to a homeless person working Barrington Road).

3. Friday night in Hoffman Estates OBVIOUSLY means Chicago Soul Soccer Night!

This home schedule absolutely SCREWED the Chicago Soul from the moment the ink was dry. Granted, it's better than playing 20 road games... but not THAT much better!

SIMPLE MATH: You will draw a grand total of X fans in the month of December (and history will tell you that X is NOT a very good number)... would you prefer to draw X over ONE home game, TWO home games, or more than two home games?

10. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We lossed because Baltimore's defense fell a sleep in the 1st quarter we spent more time kicking the ball over the goal like we were kicking field goals at a ravens game . If they play like this tonight the wave is going to Kill us .

This game shows the MPS does not work if you go by goals scored it was a 5-5 tie You have to give a lot of credit to the Soul they made the blast look bad all night long every single pass they blocked or stole from Baltimore

11. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think the Blast looked bad all night long. I thought they played pretty well in the last three quarters in nearly coming back from a 10-0 deficit.

12. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They did not play likethey way they did the first 9 games , Baltimore seemed to be 1 step behind all night long .

13. DM - Chicago Soul

DM - Chicago Soul New Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Fyi... you guys talk about the crowds. We had over 4000 at the opener and we have three games in January that will beat that. We knew the 14th and 21st would be our bad games as far as crowds go... we sold a lot of tickets in the office yesterday for games in January and that is what we are focused on pushing.

Keep watching... this team will win a lot of games this year. I also think you'll be quite impressed with the crowds we will get in January and February. Thanks to all of you that are supporting the soul... and let us all be positive with our support of the MISL and the great indoor game.

Thanks...

I PINCH! repped this.
  14. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure that storm you guys had did not help your situation . I am sure the soul will win some games this year The team is looking a lot better the defense was on point last night , you guys came close to beating the wave , I hope you guys can make it work and keep the soul around for a several years to come

15. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    There was no storm in Chicago last night. More like what Steve said......you're not going to get many fans out in mid December. If you look at the photo posted, one of the section behind the benches is all that could have been possibly filled by the crowd at the previous soul v wave match.

16. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why announce 3,488? Just curious. Good luck, hope it goes well.

17. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome win last night! I know this team will win some games. I was there the first 3 games and will continue to be there unlike the people that continue to rip attendance but do not attend games.

Joey Tee repped this.
  18. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet still more than your ethnic battles at the Odeum.

Joey Tee repped this.
  19. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Art Kramer

Now we even have an old ex player who is employed by a team in this league ripping on attendance. Taking time out from the latest save the wave campaign Art? I think you better worry about where your next pay check is coming from with attendance not looking so good up there in an "established" long running franchise instead of counting Soul attendance. The Soul owner Dave Mokry is probably more commited to next year than an owner publicly looking to sell if the right offer arises. I know you played in front of huge crowds in Canton in the minor league AISA but c'mon your league needs all the teams they can get. We expect this from Kenn but from a guy involved in the league? Maybe AEK on tbese boards is Tom Wynne.

20. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    No, not really. I'm absolutely certain the Hispano league this afternoon at the Odeum will outdraw what I saw in the photo in Hoffman Estates last night. Furthermore, one league is amateur, the other one is pro.

I'm all for the pro indoor teams in and around chicago....soul, mustangs, rampage...but they're trying to fill a very tough niche. Minor league indoor soccer. I'm not one to bash any of these teams,but it also is what it is. Don't tell me you have over a thousand in the stands when you're lucky to be at half that figure.

21. MizzouMan22

MizzouMan22 Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Nice win for the Soul. You can already see Jeff Krafts mark on the team. My second favorite team is now the Soul. Was told last week their owner is a Mizzou Alumni.

22. aek chicago

aek chicago Member

Sep 17, 2004
    LOL...must have missed that!

23. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know truth is not "ripping," right, Fanboy?

24. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't dispute that Kraft is a big help. But one thing I noticed at last week's game against the Wave is that Kraft stayed out of team huddles during breaks in the game. At the very least, that conveys the message to the players that Novi is in charge and its his team.

25. AnteDC19

AnteDC19 New Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dave Mokry is a great guy who is pointing the Soul in a very good direction. With the team in Novi and Jeff's capable hands, the product on the field will be MUCH better from here on out. It's a great thing that in Chicago (I am including the Rampage here for the sake of the argument) you can have three pretty good indoor teams all in their respective leagues. With the exception of a few guys on the Soul, all of the guys are from the Chicago area as well. I think that bodes well for the future of indoor soccer here.
    It would be great to have all three teams involved in the playoff hunt at the end of the year. I think it goes to show that Chicago is the best soccer city in America. Yes, attendance at games isn't the greatest, but I think the talent is.

I PINCH! repped this.