Bison Dele mystery death case semi-solved

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Lucid, Oct 4, 2002.

1. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Well, at this point, the whole story has pretty much been figured out. Luckily Miles Dabord told his girlfriend part of the story to give us a starting point becuase otherwise this could have been one of the great unsolved mysteries in quite a while.

Apparently if you guys didn't read Bison's girlfriend died accidently when she fell on deck of the boat. It's unknown exactly why she died, but it's believed that's the cause of her death. Well then the captain said he was going to report this so Bison killed him with a wrench. Now we have a girlfriend and a captain both dead, how would you like to be on the boat at that time to hear and see what the conversation was, I can't even imagine. Apparently at this point the brothers got in an arguement (Gee, I can't imagine that, all they did was just murder someone, maybe two people) and Miles pulled out his brothers gun and shot Bison. I don't know how you could ever kill your own brother, my god. :eek: At this point there's Miles, with three bodies in the pacific, so naturally you weight them and dump them in the ocean and that's what he did.

That whole story just creeps me out. It just seems like a movie plot where anything that can go wrong, does go wrong.

Here's a good recap of the events.
    http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1003/1440688.html

And here's an article from ESPN Mag about it as well, Paradise Lost

Tragic story. I can't being to imagine being the mother of Miles and Bison, my god. :(

2. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Did you even read the article?!?

Nothing has been figured out. Not one bit of that story makes any sense. He said that the girl slipped and died, his brother killed the capitian because he wanted to report that his wife was dead, then he killed his brother in self-defense.

Yeah, that's believable.

How about the past history of violence in the guy's record? How about the trying to buy ************ with his dead brother's credit card? How about explaining why the guy turned up a john doe in a hospitol a month later?

None of that story is at all believable.

3. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    are you trying to tell me lucid's not lucid?

4. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I have a hard time believing Daboard's girlfriend in all of this. Fell and killed herself? What the hell is that. Then not wanting the authorities to find out, Dele killed the captain? How did Daboard die again?

5. Lucid

Lucid Member

May 17, 1999
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Re: Re: Bison Dele mystery death case semi-solved

Umm... yeah, I read the article, and it recapped the whole thing. I dunno, it makes sense to me. I haven't heard anything about past history of violence, but they did explain why Miles wanted to buy the gold and why he was found in Mexico nearly dead.

Obviously something funny was going on as to how she died cause you don't fall over and die by tripping on your shoelace. But once that happened you can see how things took a turn for the worst. There's a dead body and a lot of arguing and disagreements on a boat in the Pacific, that would usually lead to more bad things happening.

The thing I don't think it provable is that it was Bison who killed the captain and not Miles, it could have been either one. It would make more sense that Miles killed him, then Bison freaked out and one thing lead to another and Miles killed Bison.

Otterulz, he was found in Mexico near the border nearly dead in a coma after OD'ing on insulin and asthma medication. He'd been in a coma for over a month and they decided to pull the plug since his brain was pretty much dead and he'd never recover.

6. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    What's the over-under on her selling her "story?"

7. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's clear to me that Miles girlfriend's story is probably an accurate portrayal of how Miles described it to her. But, obviously he was lying to her and killed all three in an attempt to assume Bison's identity and his lifestyle (i.e. follow the money).

8. bigsmooth

bigsmooth New Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Washington, DC
    I agree with Ian (God, that's probably a first). I think Miles was probably very jealous of his brother, did a Talented Mr. Ripley on him, then lied about it to cover his tracks and throw investigators off.
    Cosmically, I think Dabord got his justice, so let's hope the authorities can at least reconstruct a somewhat accurate, plausible account of what really happened. Dele's and Serena's families deserve that.

9. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    I think it is completely normal for a person to bring enough weights to keep 3 bodies buried at sea. At least, I know I always bring enough for 3.

10. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Was there any further follow up on this story? I saw Bison Dele's name come up recently and it all came back to me.

Anyone heard anything since?

11. maryjames

maryjames New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    bison was agreat man i hang with him at the whitsundays and cairns. stayed on his boat.he was a true gentleman and had alot of friends and i found was very trusting of people..for what happened out there in with his brother was shocking and should not had happened and i cant imagine it. very sad 4 all involved, i wish he just was living on an island livin the good life, maybe he is, wishful thinking.. i wish there was more known about this tragic story and if there was bullet holes patched up on the caterman, if anyone knows alittle more please say..

12. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually this was just on the show "Disappeared" on the Investigation Discovery channel.

It's very interesting and I agree with amerifolklegend, otterrulez and others who say this story just doesn't make sense at all.

It's obvious Miles lied to his girlfriend about what REALLY happened. It makes NO sense that Bison would kill the captain at all. IF he really accidentally shoved and killed his girlfriend he could just report it as an accident and that story itself is highly suspicioius.

As you guys have said it's very rare a young healthy person dies just because they fall backwards unless they fall off a cliff or a building or something!

I bet what REALLY happened is Bison and Miles got into a big fight since Bison was sick and tired of Miles always leeching off of him and then somehow Miles got the gun and shot them all and dumped their bodies with weights in the ocean. Or some variation of this.

It's too bad that they'll probably never know what really happened since Miles is dead and the 3 victims became fish food in the remote Pacific ocean long ago.

13. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Were you Bison's girlfriend at some point or involved with him at any time?

14. maryjames

maryjames New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    No we just hangout as mates. We hangout at skate parks and play some basketball and on his boat and have some laughs.. He could ride the whole tube on his skateboard weird thing to see from a 7 foot man. Got really good memories of him. He deserved to live on. He was living the dream life..

15. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he was indeed living the dream life. Going all over the world doing whatever he wanted to do.

Just think ALL NBA and most major sport pro athletes can do the same thing.

You say you were "mates" with him so are you a guy?

16. maryjames

maryjames New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    No I'm female.. Yeah I do think how all NBA players are multi I hope they make the most of it and don't take it for granted.. Bison gave so much to so many while I knew him in Aussie and had alot of friends. . I think he was giving to a fault. He seem to trust everyone.. Maybe it was the smoke.. good times..lol..

17. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He still had about $26 million left on his contract but he decided to retire since he said he just wanted to make $10 million and then retire.

ONLY $10 million?? :p

18. maryjames

maryjames New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Yeah I know... At time he was in Oz Australian Dollar was 50% of US dollar.. He loved it here for so many reasons..Sometimes still think of him and still find what happened sad..Theres a doco out on him on what happened on that boat. Can anyone here uploaded it for me coz I can't find it ..Thanks.

19. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you are an Aussie? You follow the Socceroos? They made it all the way to the Asian Cup final! I thought they'd beat Japan but the Japanese goalie was unreal!

Sorry, I don't know where to get the documentary but I would check the ESPN site since that's the one I saw.