bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There was another Bompastor interview published yesterday on www.une-deux.net. Same information as in she does not know why she has been ejected from the team. And she reiterates that the discussion with the coach went well.
    Well the paper l'equipe will have an article tomorrow on the WNT so we will know more but I would be surprised to see the coach disclose all the details because what happens inside the team should stay inside the team.

I am looking forward to hear :
    Henry is ....that's why she is not selected
    Bompastor has done this...that's why she is not selected
    Tonazzi has done this...that's why she is not selected.

3. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i might find the time and motivation to translate this article this afternoon but i'm not going to quit my day job to do it since as shlj says, nichts neues im westen. the feel of the interview is much different however: first, if the interviewer is sympathetic it is still a real interview instead of a prepared statement in the form of one. and sonia pushes a little harder on all her points.

also worthy of note is the chain of commentary that follows. the level is rather good (ok, the spelling isn't great but not even polytechniciens can spell these days. compared to the rabid ranting on olweb it's ciceronian) and al in one direction. the quality might be filtered by the editors but the positioning i think not as OS and VV have been pretty even-handed in this debate up to now and have defended both BB and [​IMG] on numerous occasions.

i doubt bini will say anything at all beyond one or two platitudes of the most smoothly polished mahogany. i'm more interested in what the éditorialists of l'équipe have to say: after the hamburger they've made of every selectionneur since hidalgo i doubt they'll handle bini with kid gloves. you can see that as one more step forward for the women's game in france.

you don't want much do you? all i'm looking forward to is:

my son becoming a cabinet minister
    my daughter becoming an étoile for the ballet de l'opéra de paris
    winning the lottery every week for the rest of the year.

4. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well I certainly found the Anelka gate and all the Knysna rubbish that followed plus all the internal infighting disclosed to the media and the public particularly shameful for us French people. Opening Pandora's box is a great idea isn't it.
    If people want the WNT to become the same circus as the men's team.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i can't disagree. but it's not a question of wanting it. for better or worse (ok, for worse) it's just the way the world is! "des paroles et des actes" isn't a circus? 100 minutes pour raconter des bobards? at one time it was l'heure de vérité but my watch must have stopped.

after a nice bouillon de culture the good folk used to get to bed early. but with the kids of today on n'est pas couché!

6. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not that it carries much weight with Bini, but Lisa DeVanna had this to say on twitter:

She seems a bit fired up about it.

https://twitter.com/L_Devanna11

7. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Damn Katreus you beat me on publishing Devanna's furious outburst on Bompastor ejection.....
    She played with Sonia and knows the worth of the french best LB , so no one can say she is wrong
    on her statements....The good news is Bini is hated even by players now:thumbsup:

8. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No one is asking him to say EXACTLY why these players were ejected , but at least give a an "official" reason . like for example.
    "Sonia is no in the team because she not agree with my projet de vie anymore."
    He don't need to say more, however, by his silence he completely disrespect the fans and most of all a woman who has played for the NT for 12 years.

ps, unfortunatly I couldn't be there for the england match , however, I know that the contestation will be great today ...people will make him understand that we don't want a domenech in women football.

9. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    After our game against England ,I think now is clear to everybody how Bompastor is important to her team ........her fighting spirit and winning mentality will be missing a lot.
    I predict 1 draw and 2 defeat against Netherlands and Germany.

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    I still don't quite get it (apart from the fact that I don't get why he's kicking her out, obviously).
    In their earlier conversation Bini tells Bompastor that he plans to start Boulleau against England instead of her but doesn't tell her that he isn't even planning to call her up? And then when it comes to the actual nomination he doesn't have the decency to let her know that she's out ? Or are these two different cases? :confused:
    (I'm asking not least because fansoccer.de says that Bini told her earlier that he was going to give Boulleau her spot but it hadn't been definite. And that she assumes he might have misunderstood what she was saying in that 45-minute conversation they had, and that she's "afraid" she'll end up just like Lataf etc. All a bit confusing.)

11. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    No offence to Sonia Bompastor or Marie-Laure Delie who had two nice individual efforts, or Karen Carney and Louisa Nécib who were both efficient in the first half, but the two left-backs were fantastic last night. Play of the night was Camille Abily's slide tackle. Jill Scott doesn't score if Wendy Renard is there.

England was surprisingly crisp but they were outplayed by a more dangerous France, especially in the first half.

12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but that's all about camille did. surprisingly poor match from her. it's simple: on a really pretty mundane cross like that, with wendie there no one scores. with meilleroux there anyone scores.

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Bini told Bompastor that Boulleau would start against Ireland and Scotland because he was preparing for the euros. Then he decided not to select her back after those 2 games for reasons that cannot be disclosed as usual :confused: with every player excluded.

There was a small quote from Bini on Saturday : " I keep my usual stance, I dont give a ring to players that are not in the squad". Well this is harsh.

14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Ah, thank you. Now it makes sense. (Well, as far as it can make any sense. :rolleyes: )

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    his internal communication is perhaps more direct. apparently he's put up another inspirational message on the walls of the training center basically saying :

MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!

his bunker mentality is starting to get scary. i just hope he doesn't pull a jonestown.

16. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    This is a quote from Didier Deschamps actually :cool: who does the same with Nasri and no ones complains...

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    nasri who?

if a selectionneur had done it to, say, lillian thuram in his prime (no current bleu has like stature) i imagine it would have raised an eyebrow or two.

and DD has been pretty forthcoming in the press about his attitude towards nasri and others who have off-field issues. i think it's hard to draw a comparison between the two.

18. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    It is the method here that is highly open to criticism, the harshness. Not really the content... well, that's what any coach in any team requires from his players, isn't it ? And it's understandable. Unless having a team practising "autogestion" (and why not ?), the players must follow the coach's will and choices. I'm not shocked by that. And if the player doesn't agree and doesn't apply those choices, he/she can refuse the selection or move to another club. As Chevènement said : "un ministre, ça ferme sa gueule ou ça démissione". (Just replace "Ministre" by "Joueur"). It was harsh too but not wrong. I resigned a lot of times myself :D
    But - again - Bini's way to express it is particularly awkward and harsh. And, seeing the current context, stupid.

19. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think many fans don't even bother to ask if Bompastor has done something wrong.
    They automatically assume Bini is wrong, Soubeyrand controls the team etc... :speechless:

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'm not sure if you're just playing devil's advocate, but i don't take bompastor's version at face value, try not to jump to conclusions and do my best not to let my pro-lyon bias cloud my judgement. i also remember how bompastor left us in the lurch to go to the WPS. still, in the contest of who is most wrong, i fail to see what soso could have done to put her in the running with either soub' or BB.

sonia m'a tuer...

21. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    You are not like the average Lyon fan ;), unfortunately Bruno Bini won't speak publicly against his players, so she will have to come out with the reasons why she is not selected.

22. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    that's the nicest thing anyone's ever said about me. i'm speechless.

23. Gromit06

Gromit06 Member+

Oct 22, 2012
    Nice
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Well, just a look at OL's forum or at others' actually invaded (not to say vampirized) by those fans and their lobby is enough to see the difference :)
    And yes, it's pretty annoying to have only one side's view of the things (Sonia's).

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    there are some good people there too. but also lots of footix who only follow the fenottes because they're not man enough (or woman enough) to accept losing, which our gones finally started doing a couple of years ago.

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008