bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If Bini's approach to A-Rod is similar to Riley's vs Pia's, France would have a world class pair with her and Delie vs Delie and the other two. A-Rod, the finisher > Thomis or LeSommer.

A-Rod played mostly with a heavy-footed slug, Fullbach, on the NT vs any real time at forward with Baby Horse :rolleyes:, which would be similar to fielding her with Kai. A-Rod and Delie represents that type of tandem.

With their current setup of mid-fielders taking long shots and Delie's running mates, France will be hard pressed to win Bronze in any major tournament, let alone Gold or Silver.

2. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    Newsouth has many fixations. Basically if France doesn't find two more Delies that can bewitch Newsouth's sensibilities then they're doomed. Forget everything else.

I meant explanations rather than stats even though I used a math analogy for showing your work. Maybe more apt would be drafting an essay and stopping after your hypothesis sentence. I would certainly hope people wouldn't think that I was Newsouth's sock!

3. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    A-Rod hasn't been a finisher since college. She struggled badly in Boston during her stint there. Her goal production in Philly was better though hardly prolific given her role. Pia gave her every chance in the world to succeed, having her start the better part of two years, keeping her in the lineup despite her struggles. But hey this is supposed to be a thread about Team France, so I'll stop now.

One can argue over how Thomis and LeSommer stack up against other forwards on the top teams but no way is A-rod preferable to them I don't care if Homer Simpson is coaching.

France may need to improve some things, like most teams, even the best ones. But let's be real. They're close to the best even when they're not playing near top form. It's not like Japan dominated them in the semifinal.

4. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I never said they weren't good and pretty to watch, but they are one-dimensional. And delusion is strong in French cafes, if they think the current roster has a spark outside of Delie, which can carry this team to a Gold in a major tournament, if Delie is silenced after 45 mins, which top teams have been able to do.

[​IMG]

Folks, this is France in the 1st 45 against the USA, Germany or Japan. When they silence this, they silence France's offense COMPLETELY!

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you'll have to show me your work.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A-Rod? who's A-Rod? who the hell is talking about A-Rod?

edit: sorry dundalk, i was completely OTL, i thought you were talking to me. (are you talking to me? are you talking to me? well there's nobody else here...)

at least not until you hit "show ignored posts"!

7. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :rolleyes:

Do you believe this guy or gal? I don't even ignore Jr, given it's just a message board. Nothing on here is life and death, especially 17 yr old girls playing football, but some people can't seem to get past, the world doesn't revolve around girls kicking balls.

8. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever are you going on about?

guignol's posts, whether I agree with them or not, are one of the reasons worth coming here to BigSoccer and if you're trying to embarrass him or her into silence, I'm standing up for her (or him).

Carry on with the conversation but lay off the tasteless, smirky insinuations -- all of us are talking about 17 year old girls in this thread. It is the subject of , you know , an Under-17 tournament.

Smulan repped this.
  9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i appreciate that and want to point out that although there are several posters on BS (and other places on the net) far more annoying, in all these years in all the forums i've contributed to i have only ever "ignored" one*. because even X or Y (not their real names) can come up with something interesting from time to time. here i feel i run no such risk.

* whereas some it seems have clicked a button in their heads "ignore EVERYONE".

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    this just in!

Exclusive Interview with Sonia Bompastor
    - published in this morning's edition of the Blois edition of La Nouvelle République
    - translated by your old pal guignol (and very nicely too)

Sportifs Kleenex

A monday morning when she normally would be packing for the trip to Clairefontaine to join the équipe de France whose jersey she has worn since February 26, 2000. Instead, Sonia Bompastor was with her family in Mer, recuperating far from the emotion that arose from her not being on the latest France list. Interview with a player who is hurt, but not down.

Ten days after the publication of the list, what is your state of mind?"I'm OK… to be honest, with the Champions League and the big match against Juvisy (4-0), I was above all concentrated on the on-field part. It's only now that it seems strange…"

What's strange is that your being left off wasn't accompanied by the slightest comment from Bruno Bini even though you've always been a key player…
    Yes, that's what bothers me the most in this story. I ask myself a lot of questions. But I don't have any answers. I don't understand."

Rumor has it there was a stormy discussion between you two during the last training camp...
    "There was a conversation, but it went very well. There was no clash. At no time did either he or I raise our voices. The discussion was very interesting. And we had the same point of view on certain things."

Which of you originated the discussion ?He asked me into his room to announce that he had decided to play Laure Boulleau instead of me, which I perfectly accepted. I took advantage of the opportunity to have a debriefing about the olympics. I made certain remarks about the tournament, the preparation, the relations in the group. I said certains things could be improved and he agreed. We talked for 45 minutes.

" Bruno Bini me considérait comme une cadre de l'équipe… "
    It was afterwards that things became complicated…Yes, after the meeting he completely ignored me. Not a look, not a word. Nothing! The day the list came out he didn't even call me. For someone who puts such emphasis on human values, in this case he didn't show any. As for myself, I can look at myself in the mirror when I wake up."

It's a big shock for you?
    "Obviously. A year ago, after the World Cup in Germany, he told everyone I was the best fullback in the world, that I deserved to make the Top 10, the top three… I was touched by his praise and the fact that he considered me a leader on the team".

On the bench a month ago against Scotland and Ireland, not called on this time for England and the Netherlands,, do you think we'll ever see you in a blue jersey again?"Sincerely, it doesn't look good. Especially when before me other important players have had the same fate. I'm thinking of Hoda Lattaf, his co-captain, who disappeared overnight,of Laëtitia Tonazzi and Amandine Henry who didn't get any explanation either.

What do the other players think? Have you received any messages of support?"There are eight Lyon players in les Bleues and I'm their captain at OL. All of them have naturally had a kind word. Others who aren't my club teammates have given me support as well. It's heartwarming. They know I've always put the team first.*

And your captain in the national team Sandrne Soubeyrand, has she called ?
    "No. There's no affinity between us. Even if I have enormous respect for her career (Ed : Soubeyrand at 39 has 185 caps). She said some shocking things in different media In one interview she said we at Lyon have won our trophies because of our foreigners, when we won the last Champions League (against Frankfurt, 2-0) with nine French players on the starting lineup and the goals were scored by Abily and Le Sommer. In another she said we had giant-sized egos. That kind of communication is a bomb : to destabilize a group there's nothing better. A captain is supposed to unify a team, not divide it."

Outside of the Equipe de France, I suppose there's been a lot of support.
    "Yes, my family and the supporters are with me, My club too. Jean-Michel Aulas has said some nice things."
    Do you think this could harm the image of the French WNT?
    "In terms of communication, you have to be careful. what are people saying about les Bleues? They're pretty, they're nice, they sign autographs and pose for photos ; but in the end they don't win. At least at Lyon we do all of this."

With 156 sélections, perhaps you've said farewell to the NT without a jubilee, not even a bouquet of flowers…"In the world of football, you never know what to expect. In any case, no matter what happens, I'll remain a supporter of the équipe de France. I'll watch them on TV And I wish them every success."

blissett, Micol, necron99 and 1 other person repped this.
  11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, he should have had the courtesy to give her a ring explaining why he wasn't selecting her really. It is the basic minimum thing to do.
    At least this interview clearly shows that he did not remove her from selection due to that discussion but something else.

JanBalk repped this.
  12. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    comments on the above: first of all it's very transparently a guided interview: soso is giving the answers but she decided on the questions too. Naturally it's self-serving, and the truth is stretched to some extent but barring any outright bald-faced prevarication (which i extremely doubt) it puts BB and SS in a pretty harsh light. and even trying my best to put aside my own bias it's hard for me not to imagine that without these two, and with all those they have tossed into the ditch, the EdF would be (and would have been) stronger over the past 18 months that BB has gotten so much credit for.

a comment about these two lines:

"Even if I have enormous respect for her career (Ed : Soubeyrand at 39 has 185 caps)..."

"With 156 sélections, perhaps you've said farewell to the NT without a jubilee, not even a bouquet of flowers..."

at 32, bompastor's cap count is better than soubeyrand's. when you see the level she plays at (and in parallel consider as i do that most of mamie's last dozen have come at the expense of the team and to her personal benefit only) one can imagine without difficulty sonia passing up sandrine, and not by a meager one or two appearances. it's hard for me not to imagine this has much to do with the chill between them. and comparing the gala soubeyrand got when she passed up thuram's 142 selections with sonia's being so unceremoniously tossed into the dustbin leaves one with a sentiment of very profound injustice.

13. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    It would have been impossible because Sonia already said that she would have retired after euro13....and I doubt France will play more than 30 games during this short period....

14. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i see your logic but feel you're un peu vite en besogne... at the time i imagined completely different reasons for her being on the bench (she had looked flat and in need of rest) so the possibility remains that what was said between them did make a difference. in any case it's hard to imagine anything happening in the couple of days between arrival at camp and this discussion so terrible as to make complete and immediate exclusion a better way of handling things than a simple "you're out of line, soso".

15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    LACHE ! LACHE ! LACHE ! BRUNO T'ES QU'UN LACHE !

Coward ! Coward ! Coward ! Bruno you are just a coward !.......this is what I have to say about the interview . Anyway , the image of team france has just been destroyed , basicly what Sonia said is what I was saying .....the famous "projet de vie" never existed .....to play for France you have to agree to whatever Bini says and never ever make any kind of remark.
    As I said to dump Bompastor this way for what she represent for France football fans was a very very stupid "political" move made by the diabolical couple Bini~Soubeyrand.

guignol repped this.
  16. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    [​IMG]
    Now he's in the yvelines departement with his essonian army and his faithful lieutenants lutinspiré and lutintamarre... very obviously, he has gone insane.

[​IMG]
    "Yes sir, very much so sir.

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    her retirement after euro13 is logical, and she has talked about it... but it's not really written in stone. that said i'll agree with you and revise my statement to say that had she wished to sonia could have gone on to 200 glorious caps, and that soubeyrand would have been well advised to stop at 150. is that better?

18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Years that is better;)....Sonia already said that she is planning to have a family , but Bini asked her to stay untill euro13...she was thiniking to retire after the olympics.....Sonia is a woman of her word , so you can be sure she would have been retired after euro.
    You know what is sad now is the fact that Bini is so unpopular that people want him to fail even though Bini failing means France failing........just like people hated Domenech so much to want him to fail at any cost ......

19. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very sad to hear about Sonia. She deserved better.

So - there is no chance of Bini coming to his senses or being forced out before Euros?

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't think he will be forced out before the Euros. Unless the majority of the team really goes to the FFF president regarding that non selection but it is unlikely :
    1. Because they could fear losing their place or
    2. They don't mind.

21. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I hope France goes back to playing possesoin football like they did in the WC. I hope they just drop the direct style they were playing during the Olympics.

22. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Thank you very much for posting this.

23. necron99

necron99 Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    I don't think the interview shows this in any way. It does not interview Bini, without talking to him we have no way to know why he didn't select her. What we can see here is that Bompastor did not call out her coach or dump on him. (Which is smart on her part because she would never get called up again if she did) She downplayed an incident that was widely reported. (Which could be to defuse the situation, and again avoid bad mouthing her coach). There is nothing in this interview that says why she wasn't picked.

24. law10

law10 Member+

Dec 26, 2007
    Based on his reaction after the interview it sounds like Bini was not pleased with her attitude.

Probably a name you've never heard of, but nonetheless... Steve Yzerman in 1991 was sensationally cut from Team Canada's hockey camp because the coach said he had a bad camp and bad habits. It was a simple personality conflict. There was no villain; Yzerman went on to become one of the greatest names in hockey history, the coach won the Stanley Cup two years later, and Canada won the tournament convincingly. Even with a roomful of good people, sometimes things get messy.

The only people who will ever know what was said are Bompastor and Bini, and it's pretty difficult to determine right and wrong without that information.

25. CANAmerican

CANAmerican Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Toronto
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, thanks for posting! That interview was very interesting. I am quite surprised by the division between the Lyon and (some of) the 'other' players on the team. It seems like they need to dump Bini and get someone who will unite them.