bini's babes

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by guignol, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Both players are in there prime. Abily is more versatile than Necib. That's the reason Abily for France is played out wide as an winger, a #10, #8, #6 or as a outside mid. It's similar to Holland where Van Der Vaart isn't versatile and plays mostly in the hole #10 or as the # 8. Where Sneijder could play out wide, in the #10 or farther back if need be.

2. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I'm just curious here, don't europeans consider nudity beautiful when it's in arts(flims, photo, sculptures)?

3. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why isn't Henry on the team(starter)?

2nd, isn't Elisa a DM/Holding mid?

4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    je persiste et je signe...

though it's true that none of the players i mentioned are true DM's i've seen both camille and élise get stuck in good enough to fill the bill very well against anyone except the possible exceptions of the USA, germany and possibly sweden*. against all other comers this combination is ideal, and actually works best when nécib plays deeper than abily.

of the players you mention soubeyrand has become inconsequential, henry is persona non grata, only franco is a possibility, and i agree much more with you than with people who call her the weak link in the squad and say she should be left out.

*and perhaps england at a pinch but here the overall superiority is such that what happens when england has the ball is a mere detail.

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i'll let shlj answer that.

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Henry's exclusion reason has a news embargo due to privacy.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    and for the presentation of the new sponsor who's front and center? well, doh... cocotte and "peuchèrette"!
    [​IMG]

she looks pretty good in those glasses don't you think?

8. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No , Bussaglia is a kind of box to box , she can do many things in the midfield but she is not a Holding/DM ......definetly not .
    In one of her interview Bompastor said that "the girls don't easily forgive than the men ....that was one of the reason way girls teams have a fragile internal balance.......and for her that is a big shame".....She was talking about the Henry case .
    That is the problem , we must reach the next level and we can reach it by beating teams like USA, Japan, Germany, Sweden .........However , with our actual starting eleven we regressed instead of progressing....There is no way our passing games will work against Germany or USA if we don't have girls who could match them in physically and in aggressivity in the battlefield sector of the game ,the midfield.
    Without these two components we could never be a top football nation .

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    we are nearing agreement. but what to do? franco can do a good job in that role but at the level we're looking at now. the henry question is moot at least through 2013. mémé, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were trying to be comical. but patrice lair has an idea he's tried out at the position as a secret weapon that i've seen in two separate HT's that if you promise not to tell anyone...

wendie renard

mum's the word now!

10. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I was talking about pure DM in france we have only three players of an international level we can be considerer pure holding midfielder , Henry ,Soubeyrand and Franco.
    Henry is persona non grata as you say , so we only still with Franco and Soubeyrand ......Like it or not:(
    Why you have written Wendie Renard and mum's the word now ? Is Wendie pregnant ?

11. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/mums-the-word.html

More in the link.

12. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ok ..lol..thanks Katreus , I never heard this expression before ....Anyway as all the negative things and misundertandings that will happen in my life from now I say it's Bini's fault.....:D

13. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    not only is it not likeable, it is not credible. soubeyrand is for all intents and purposes of no more use to the EdF than emmanueli is the the PS. franco, whom i consider a fine RB (and a fine spokeswoman, especially in glasses) put in a good game at DM in cyprus... but against finland. so my personal opinion is that even out of position my two candidates fill the bill, i will say less badly than yours. which leads us to the first choice, and great progress that bini's being run over by a bus would bring.

wendie (who fortunately is not injured as badly as feared and should be back in a month or so) has been used in the MF a couple of times by PL and i'm sure you will find it no surprise to learn that she kicked no end of ass. a boss. gold-plated dynamite.

and did 007 give goldfinger a rundown of all the goodies in his aston-martin? no. a secret weapon is only a secret weapon if it's secret. so motus et bouche cousue.

14. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Why not just play Abily there? She's extremely versatile can do the job if need be. Not that she prefers it, but can do it.

Definitly agree Henry should be on the team & a starter. Saw her play for Lyon, I thought both Henry & Cruz(even thou she's Costa Rican NT) were unbelievable.

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Abily is played there at the moment and does a good job even though she should play higher on the pitch. Regarding Henry, everybody knows she is a fantastic player. To be fair Cantona and Ginola were excellent in 1996 but were not selected either on the same kind of criteria.

16. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    No, Abily plays box to box for france , even though her natural place is AM , I am talking about holding midfielder, DM . We always lose battle at midfield against top physical teams because we don't have a good player at this essential position.......for all the reason aforementioned.......Camille or Elise can do a good job against an average opposition but when we meet USA,Japan,Sweden or Germany is a battle already lost.....

17. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    fyp

18. 8MaCookies

8MaCookies Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yo I know Abily is a AM. I pointed out that she is versatile she can do a job if need be. Like when she play out wide as a RAM/outside mid(really high outside mid) during the World Cup. She wasn't great at it because she kept drifting inside. Or like the Olympics where she played a #8 box-to-box mid behind Necib.

Abily could play as #6 the DM. She was kinda doing that at the Olympics. Yes, I hear you your point about a real DM/Holding mid on the team. Till Bini is gone or he uplifts his beef with Henry there's no way she will be on the team(she should be the starter), France gotta find another player.

19. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Recuperation du ballon Guignol.......Please if you don't know what i am talking about just ask instead of writing the first thing which pop up in your head.....;)

20. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Recuperation du ballon Guignol.......Please if you don't know what i am talking about just ask instead of writing the first thing which pop up in your head.....;)

21. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    DEVILLE
    PETIT MEILLEUROUX RENARD ou GEORGES BOULLEAU
    BUSSAGLIA ou ABILY SOUBEYRAND
    THOMIS NECIB THINEY
    DELIE ou LeSOMMER

Until Frances gets a LEGIT world class striker next to Delie, they will be the bride's maid in every semi-final and 3rd place game against good teams in major tournaments, after observing them in the Olympics and World Cup. Basically, you adjust to Delie's speed and play after 40 mins or so. If she isn't able to produce a goal, then the rest of that team packs their bags before the 90th min.

They aren't winning anything with Necib (better looks than her soccer play sometimes) and Thiney, trying to hit long balls on top Guardians.

Thomis = Natasha Kai
    Le Sommer = A-Rod under Pia

22. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    Much like when given Mathematics work in school and asked to show your work ... I'm going to ask you to explain those equivalencies. Don't just expect credit to be awarded. Even worse is when you mark a wrong answer. Then you're considered both lazy and inept. So it's obvious that you don't think these two players are good enough in combination with Delie ... but beyond that those comparisons with other players appear to be rather flippant.

23. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thomis is athletic like Kai, but isn't the best finisher. Even Riley worked day and night to make Kai better finisher. LeSommer is a ghost on the field, if top teams take away Delie, which was proof when the USA made her invisible in the WC when Delie left with an injury, and so did France's offense. How you don't see that I don't know?

If I project future forwards for the next WC, I have Press, Baby Horse :rolleyes: and Sydney > Delie, Thomis and LeSommer. France's only hope would be Delie going off on the USA and scoring 2-3 goals, because if she doesn't, then those 3 USA forwards would wreck France. It's not a prediction, it's a fact.

On top of that, France is not beating the USA, Japan or Germany with Necib and Thiney taking shots from 20 yds out. It's not happening.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    very difficult to provide "work" for such a thing as this since this kind of detailed player by player statkeeping is hard to come by; olweb only did it once for the ladies,for last year's final against frankfurt. my opinion (which is what most people come to internet forums to give and to read) is based on seeing almost every OL home match live for the last 2-3 years and every EdF match on TV over about the same period. and the general recollections i've come away with are abily, besides being perhaps the most versatile player in the women's game, being very aggressive in the good sense of the word; necib's tackling improving with almost every match but above all her constant harrying of ballkeepers from behind, using her deft footwork to dig the ball out; bussaglia tackling and blocking passes over an area that two MF's were meant to cover; and sandrine soubeyrand trotting around a step or three behind the pace, coming on screen just after the work is done (or undone). i don't know if any of this amounts to equivalencies; nor do i know what delie has to do with it unless you're a friend (or sock) of newsouth who has the most incredible MLD fixation i've ever seen.

this (agreeing with you on three counts of four but omitting japan) was not the "first thing to pop into my head". it was a conviction reached from primo, the play i've seen from necib and abily as described above and secundo, what i sa the MF of cam/buss/louisa accomplish against japan at charlety.

this (agreeing with you on three counts of four but omitting japan) was not the "first thing to pop into my head". it was a conviction reached from primo, the play i've seen from necib and abily as described above and secundo, what i sa the MF of cam/buss/louisa accomplish against japan at charlety.

25. Dundalk24

Dundalk24 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    PA/OH
    Partial credit for a little more effort. That's not what I saw happen in that match. France's midfield became out of sync although the match was choppy from the beginning. Partially because of US pressure but also because they lost their composure after the US swung the momentum back with a couple goals. France's great mids became frustrated and less patient. They played frenetically, into the pressure, and into tight spaces. It wasn't simply a problem with the forwards. France played at a tempo that suits the US. Now back during the World Cup their mids were strong and their forwards did let them down but they played a bit more of a patient tempo which tends to work better against the US.

As for your comparisons... Kai had the reputation for not having discipline or work ethic. That she didn't put in the time off the field. On the field she wasn't the best decision maker. Often she would choose flair and tricks over effective play and field positioning. NK doesn't have the jets that Thomis does. Kai is a flashy player and although she's not a turtle she's not going to outpace any of the fast USWNT forwards or wingers. Thomis is fast and is at her strongest in the open field. I'd much rather have her because she'll find herself in position to score more than Kai. I really don't think these two players have much in common.

If the French midfield dominates the US mids then those forwards may not see as much of the ball in the first place. I haven't seen quite as much of LeSommer but I do like her potential. She may not be a speed demon or a wrecking ball but she seems to have good footwork and composure on the ball. Something that A-Rod has definitely lacked. I would certainly take her over Amy in a heartbeat. She's far more composed than A-Rod, who often finds herself in position to score but consistently manages to miss the frame of the goal even from short distances. If France can sustain pressure in their opponent's defending third then LeSommer will be a threat. I don't know about her disappearing but A-Rod doesn't disappear. Her presence on the field is too obvious and often not for the right reasons.

There will not always be suitable comparisons between different players of different teams.

I've seen Delie take ill advised ambitious shots too.