Bingham or Busch: the ultimatum

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by OWN(yewu)ED, Nov 9, 2012.

1. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, may I present the following exhibits:

May 11, 2013 - Mauro Rosales:

April 14, 2013 - Will Johnson:

June 30, 2012 - David Beckham:

June 24, 2012 - Javier Morales:

Are we noticing a pattern here?

mbsc repped this.
  2. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    John Busch is too old and too expensive for what he is. Bring on Bingham and make Busch keeper coach of you wish.

3. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Yeah. Busch is always standing too close to the far post. And he gets beat near post each time. A couple steps to the near post and he maybe saves a chunk of those.

QuietType repped this.
  4. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    May as well use Bingham and see what you can get for Busch. At this point, why not? I mean, Busch is turning 37 and Bingham is 23......

5. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the GK coach? If this is something an idiot like me can identify, you would think the coaches would be on it.

6. DotMPP

DotMPP 'Quakes fan in Stumptown

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jun 29, 2004
    SE Portland, OR
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are a different kind of idiot? ;)

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think there is a QB Montana-Young controversy brewing....

8. edgartronic

edgartronic Member

May 10, 2013
    San Jose, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  9. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it is concerning, certainly, i was up until this week one of Busch's staunchest defenders. The getting beat near post thing approaching Tim Howard status. he's having a rough go. Wondo is having a rough go. Beitashour is having a rough go. Salinas is having a rough go. Our team is having a rough go. We need our guys to start playing to their potential, thats for sure.

10. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At some point you begin to ask if they played above their potential last season.

11. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The same issues which Busch had last year remain. He is poor with balls shot outside of the box, struggles with balls in the air, and his distribution is average at best. What has changed is that the he appears to have lost a step and his reactions haven't been as good as in the past. In his defense, the team hasn't been putting away chances and the defense is playing average at best lately (although they were decent earlier in the season - at least statistically).

My guess is that Yallop is reluctant to make a change because the overall team is struggling, but at some point, a change needs to be make because we aren't getting the right level of play out of the position. The only reason to play Busch is if the Quakes start playing a higher line on defense, but with Bernandez in the back, it won't happen...

12. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    If the offense does their job. Wondo and fucito score in the first 2 games. Wondo not getting cold and missing his usual goals. Gordon doesn't get a 4 gamer. And lenhart focuses on playing rather than getting "in the head" of defenders. We'd have scored more goals, possibly won those games we lost. Then buschs goalkeeping isn't magnified as its been lately.

nivla and DotMPP repped this.
  13. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The reason I dont think that case can be made is that it happened after a prolonged period of time. You cant say "we were lucky" over a 34-36 game season where we finish the top of the pile. Thats not just statisticly plausible whatsoever. The table doesnt lie.

We are performing like an average team, the injuries and suspensions didnt do us favors. The table reflects that. Right now, we are a mid table team, hopefully come end of the season it is more upper mid table than lower mid table.

14. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the view from up north on that goal:

that was a filthy free kick from a stupid foul that we conceded in a very poor spot. not a whole lot of fault on Busch there in my opinion.

15. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Guzan far and away allowed the most goals in the EPL this year out of any goalie. And he won Villa's player of the year award. Allowing lots of goals is often a sign your team is poor, not your keeper.

Same exact thing with Dan Kennedy last year. Chivas USA allowed the most goals in MLS yet Kennedy was their team MVP and went to the MLS All Star game.

alexiskool1991 and hc897 repped this.
  16. ant0n

ant0n Member+

Jun 12, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was Kennedy's save percentage?

17. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on that note, even with bingham, on buschs current form, combined with the Chivas USA ethnic clensic, i would LOVE to bring in Dan Kennedy. that man is quality. Proven quality

SWOKI and SJTillIDie repped this.
  18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I heard Bingham is pissed that he isn't playing! Don't blame him really.

19. SJTillIDie

SJTillIDie Member+

Aug 23, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he will probably get his shot in the USOC game next week

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He played in the reserve game. Don't think he and Jon like each other too much. I can understand that though as the kid wants to play but I don't think Busch is going anywhere.......for now.

21. alexiskool1991

alexiskool1991 Member+

May 9, 2011
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well it's kinda hard to take a keepers spot. It's not like he can sub out to give Bingham a chance. Busch got his chane to start by luck and bad luck to joe cannon breaking his ankle.

22. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chivas USA was godawful last year so its not like they had anyone else to name, and Kennedy was named an all star prior to their godawful run of defensive form.

Higher then Busch's last year

What concerns me is that Jon is actually facing among the fewest shots per game in the league as a starting goal keeper, and still is posting that stat. You cant say he is getting shelled out there, its like teams are getting 1-3 shots on goal and consistently bagging 1-2 goals.

Maybe hes facing higher quality shots, but that data isnt readily available, but I look at where we are getting shots from, and where are opponents are getting shots from on the chalkboards after games and we are shooting from better positions but not getting more goals.

23. BlueEarthquake

BlueEarthquake Red Card

May 6, 2013
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Sorry guys but Busch is not the problem. In fact, I think our goal difference would've been much worse if it wasn't for him. Maybe we should give Attakora a chance in goal since he apparently can play GK, too. Just kidding.

OWN(yewu)ED repped this.
  24. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ditto, Busch is low on the list for rolling heads on this team. anyone and everyone is underperforming though. We miss a cohesive wing attack, and Morrow and Beitashour have been off the ball this season. Chavez has been decent, but we miss dawkins in a bad way. baca and cronin are dr jeckyl mr hyde. Our forwards have just not been putting chances away, except the friggin rookie.

Earthshaker repped this.
  25. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With an airtight case like "Look at these other guys, they suck more" its clear Busch should be our MVP. :rolleyes:

Next time you defend a player, actually defend the player, not try to distract onto others.