BiH - Handball, Tennis, Futsal, Fighting Thread & Everything else

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Blue Soldier, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Its because they have their soccer, basketball, and waterpolo teams always in the olympics. That's like already 60 participants.

I'm sure no one plays waterpolo so I'm not counting that against us, and playing in the olympics depends on how well our u21 team is doing, so we might one day be able to get something like 30 participants in the Olympics just by adding our football team. We're always a thread close from having our basketball team in the olympics.

Plus with emerging talents like Damir Dzumhur, we might have some tennis players.

I don't understand why boxing isn't part of the olympics, or am I wrong? If so, count in Muamer Hukic, Adnan Catic, etc. if they change allegiance and represented BiH.

Potentially and realistically somewhere in the next 10 years.. we'll actually have a respectable amount of participants.

2. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Wrong; Serbia only has Waterpolo and Volleyball in; thats it.

3. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I think we'll have more in 10 years for sure.

4. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    We all know our sitting volleyball team will sweep it this year y u guys mad about 3 actual contestants that will suck

5. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Damir Dzumhur beat 104th ranked Blaž Kavčić!

[​IMG]

Apparently the commentators compared him to a young Djokovic when it comes to his powerful forehand shots.

6. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  7. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Our boy defeated this nigga and he only 19.

8. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    He's ranked better than Amer Delic :D

9. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He shits on Delic. This kid is gonna go Top 10.

10. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Pretty amazing

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThHf45gIOTg"]Felix Sturm vs Sebastian Zbik Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-iSYbqTMQo"]Felix Sturm vs Sebastian Zbik Part 3 - YouTube[/ame]

11. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    [​IMG]

Our group for the 2014 Euro qualifying:

Serbia
    Austria
    Russia
    BiH

Very tough group, but our coach (Dragan Markovic) is optimistic and still thinks we'll finish second or better (second/first automatically qualify). But before this, we need to focus on the WC 2013 play-offs.. We've done well in our preparation matches (won against Montenegro and Italy), and I hope we can carry over our performances into the matches against ze Germans.

12. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I heard Germany has some injuries in their squad?

13. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Yeah, they have two injured p[layers plus one suspended player. Even though they're big handball powers, these losses will improve our chances 9and we're a pretty decent team ourselves).

14. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Honestly we should be world champs they are letting us use our hands and feet? If we can be champs hitting the ball while sitting I don't see how this is not possible

15. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    You mean sitting volleyball with the handicapped players?

16. Bosnian Diamond

Bosnian Diamond Member+

Aug 9, 2011
    Mars
    Club:
    FK Velez
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Adnan Catic qualified for the Olympics in the Judo category.

And apparently, this swimmer named Ensar Hajder has made it to the Olympics under the swimming category. Hope we can finally win a medal, I don't think we've ever gotten one as an independent nation.

17. Jebac iz Banja Luke

Aug 13, 2011
    Sweden
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think you mean Amel Mekic. And Yes your right Bosnia has never won any medals in the olympics:(

Mekic is the european champion in Judo he is our only hope in getting a medel none of our other athletes are good enough.

18. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Technically we have, under Yugoslavia. A lot of those athletes were Bosnian born (that won medals).

19. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Who needs Olympic metals they are only cool for like a month world cup trophies and euro trophies they last for ever

20. Lucasjeha

Lucasjeha Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Brazil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Did anyone here saw the press conference with Anderson Silva and Sonnen? Man this guy Sonnen is ridiculous, he had absolutelly no respect for either Anderson, the sport, the fans, Brazil, I really hope Anderson Silva will destroy this guy in july!

21. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
  22. Zeljo Fanatico

Zeljo Fanatico Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Vitez, they need to hire you somewhere to do sport articles. Hell of a writer & very knowledgeable in multiple different sports.

23. Vitez

Vitez Member+

Jan 10, 2011
    Boston
    Club:
    FK Zeljeznicar
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Haha thanks man, likewise. I'm going to try to write more often for the blog once finals are over.

24. Lucasjeha

Lucasjeha Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Brazil
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    By what we saw in our sports news, he said that when he was a kid he used to think how good America is and how much tecnology America has, and that he imagine Anderson just playing in the mud. Then Anderson tried to make fun of Sonnen, saying the perfect fight would be with his own clone so Sonnen kept doing sleepy sounds in his mic, after that Anderson said that what Sonnen said was not funny, that he was disrespectful to his family, to Brazil and to all the UFC fans, by saying those things, then Sonnen started imitating the voice of Anderson, I'll try to find the whole interview with them, so you can take a look at, right now I only have the link of the brazilian sports news, so its in portuguese, only a few moments where you can really listen to Sonnen. I understand that those guys try to make fun of each other, but Sonnen totally crossed the line. And by what I've heard it was not the first time. The big fight will be in July 7th

25. BH Fanatico

BH Fanatico Member+

AC Milan
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Aug 7, 2011
    Seattle
    Club:
    FK Sarajevo
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I hope you guys realize even though Adnan Catic holds up Bosnia's flag and all that, he technically represents Germany that's how he kick started his career.