Rumor: Big Announcement Coming?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Nov 28, 2012.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unknown, but my guess based on how it all went down is a minimal amount at most.

2. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm confused, when did he transfer, I thought he is coming back as 2nd year of the loan deal.

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assumed he was referring to any sort of permanent deal that they may be working on.

4. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, well, I was about to say I'm still waiting on that big announcement. May happen still...

I wonder if this trade has anything to do with the re entry draft.

6. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pablo was the big announcement...

7. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Hmm. Re-signing would probably be Rivero or Wynne. I wonder if "trade" means we traded out one of our own for new talent. Or perhaps it means we got rid of one or more of our 8 draft picks. I have not been terribley impressed with any trade the Rapids made within the MLS during 2012 so I am guessing this one will be equally underwhelming.

8. crazyjon85

crazyjon85 Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thanks buzzkillian

Soaker888 repped this.
  9. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ahhh! Another scintillating and insightful post.

10. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say it's Wynne re-signing, am real curious on trade. Leading canidates for me are Cummings & JL.

Still now news on Smith or Freeman? Find it real hard to accept that we might not have any returning starters at outside back and also that Anthony Wallace who basically hasn't played in 2 years is considered starter at LB.

11. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Sorry. Just thought I might take part in a bit of cynicism. Not an unfamiliar sentiment around here...

jayd8888 repped this.
  12. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The lack of information coming from the Rapids brain trust is not new; however, playing ones cards close to the vest may be prudent during the re-building process.

As you say, no experienced fullbacks in the mix. At LB, in addition to Wallace, plug in Klute, who, other than a cameo, has no MLS experience. Moreover, behind Freeman there is only the abyss.

IMO, the Rapids are desperate for an experienced, goal scoring Striker, CB & 1 or 2 FB. Atiba Harris, at best, is the answer to a trivia question. Whereas, our draft position is promising, it is the rare draft choice who enters MLS ready to contribute and almost never able to make the team better immediately. This makes the triumvirate of Bravo, Pareja & Cabrera crucial to the discovery & recruitment process needed to solve many of the Rapids deficiencies. Perhaps CONCACAF &/or CONMEBOL can supply a gem or 2.

Hunt998, Jasonma and COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. Hunt998

Hunt998 Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My vote for quote of the year. The real question is what is the trivia question? Name douchiest MLS player in history? In the offseason of 2013 the Rapids made several trivial acquisitions, what was the first? That's all I could come up with quickly...

14. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Word, baby. This is one reason I am not too optimistic about an MLS-based trade, and I assume that is what "trade" means in Hinchey's twit. I don't see another team in MLS giving up a striker or CB that would be notabley helpful to us....because that team probably already wants to keep said player. I do have hope/am opitimistic about other out-of-league aquisitions, as you state.

15. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First player in 4 years or so to be added to the list of players to play for both sides in the RMC.

16. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless he ends up suspended for all 3 games...not out of the realm of possibility.

jayd8888 and Jasonma repped this.
  17. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, and a rather disappointing one it is. There I go being hopeful again...