Rumor: Big Announcement Coming?

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by crazyjon85, Nov 28, 2012.

1. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called someone a "donkey".

2. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah he clearly missed this from earlier in the year.

Now I will say that is an impromptu, heat of the moment thing, not a let's show how immature we are and use a bad word every time the goalie kicks a ball because we can't be more creative. YSA is stupid, but it also is stupid for him to say bad language is never tolerated anywhere else.

3. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I agree that YSA is stupid. BUT, he's treating it like its the only time it happens, and it ONLY happens in MLS.

4. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are in agreement, I was just wanting to provide a very vivid example of how wrong Garber is. I don't think I will ever forget hearing or hear as passionate of a BS chant ever again. You could feel the angst. Plus it wasn't the traditional BS chant so often done at games. That chant doesn't sound angry at all. The Ravens fans though, there was anger in that.

5. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree that organized profanity isn't just a soccer phenomena ... the worst things I've ever heard at sporting events were said at college football games in the South when I was a kid.

However, YSA and the much worse p*to chants are stupid, worse they're unimaginative. Personally, I like when the chants are creative and personalized. The Revs supporters here got after Jimmy Nielsen from SKC with things such as "Billy Idol Wannabe." I also liked directing "we sing better than your wife" at David Beckham. I wish we'd move past YSA/p*to.

6. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I never saw that. That's one of the most intimidating things I've seen from a group of sports fans.

7. 30Something

30Something Member

Jun 3, 2004
    5280 Feet
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. I always thought Nielsen looked more like Annie Lennox.

Stuart95 repped this.
  8. Hunt998

Hunt998 Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My money is on a major trade. From reading about the FSL trades it seems that there is going to be a lot of activity this trade window and many of the trades were agreed upon well before now. That would line up with when the potential news was announced and when it was going to come out (and the probably next week makes sense due to the need for league approval before it's announced). Though I could be reading too much into a bunch of coincidences...

9. aurelius

aurelius Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I am still thinking...hoping...it will be to announce the long-term signing of Rivero and/or Thomas.

10. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another one from the "not gonna happen, but would love it if it were true." Return of light blue to the away kit.

11. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the white away kit. What I'd realy love is a "throw back" green third kit.

12. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like our away kits. I honestly don't get why the Rapids have been actively distancing themselves from blue. White is boring as shit and 99% of the clubs in the world have white as their primary or secondary kit. A little color variety would be nice.

I have, however, heard FO rumblings about a green 3rd kit.

Matt117 repped this.
  13. Matt117

Matt117 Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Tempe, AZ
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burgundy (claret) and light blue are a great combo. It works for West Ham and Aston Villa. I really liked the blue and black stripes (Inter fan), but the burgundy with light blue stripes was the best Rapids home jersey.

14. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tim Hinchey at one point told me (via twitter) that Light blue is no longer a part of the Rapids colors. I didn't feel like pointing out that it was pretty prominent in the crest out of fear he would change it to get rid of it. Burgundy and Light Blue are one hell of a combo though and very distinct in this country. Maybe once SKC feels like they have established their "brand" MLS will be fine with the Rapids bringing light blue back as an accent in the primary kit. Oh well. I would rather see a quality team before a quality kit.

22SteveD repped this.
  15. 22SteveD

22SteveD Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe announcement is Rapids are dropping down to NASL given the start to this offseason.

BYLRPhil and COphysicsDave repped this.
  16. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually how big of announcement can this be with both Hinchey and Bravo in England for it?

Another case of false or over-hyping by RFO.

22SteveD and Jasonma repped this.
  17. Hunt998

Hunt998 Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If Mile High Sports had the info a week or two ago and it's going to be released via radio or magazine I doubt that Bravo or Pareja's presence is needed for the release. That said, I've backed off from my hope that it's a big trade and I'm back to being pretty sure they're announcing a STH benefit; one personal mascot visit per year. Hitting the town with friends, take Marco von Bison with you... Kid's birthday party? Edson the Eagle would love to drop on by...

18. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whelp, now they only have today and tomorrow to make their "big announcement". Better hurry it up...

19. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they only said "probably" next week in the tweet. ;):rolleyes:

20. BYLRPhil

BYLRPhil Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

21. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way on earth does this meet my idea of a "big" Announcement

jayd8888 repped this.
  22. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Yep. Just got a phone call from Pablo himself. Good to see he'll be coming back, but this was always a possibility so I wonder if this is the big news?

24. tonhtubra

tonhtubra Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    Fort Collins, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Considering the coordinated timing of the phone call to season ticket holders and the release of the story to Mile High Sports, then yeah I think it is safe to say this was the news that people were alluding to last week.

25. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Pablo, but really see this as just causing more problems for the team. Lets say assume Pablo is fully recovered for 2013, I would think he would expect to play every game. Most likely causing us to play 2 D-mids due to salary we are paying at that position.

Someone is going to have to ride the bench.

from article:
    The tricky part for Pareja and the Rapids, however, will be managing playing time between Mastroeni and fellow defensive-minded midfield veterans Jeff Larentowicz and Hendry Thomas. There will be a three-way competition between established veterans Mastroeni, Larentowicz and Thomas for likely two spots in the Rapids’ defensive midfield.

22SteveD repped this.