Benfica Fans Only 2: We're Better and More Popular than You and You Know This, Son!

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by Brian De Sousa, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    There we go. Better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forca Glorioso!

2. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    I am not surprised we reached thread 2!!!!

I hope for a good year ahead!!!

FORCA SLB!!!

3. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    This is a stickied thread dedicated just for Benfiquistas. No-one else who is a fan from any other club is permitted to post in this thread. You can talk about things that pertain to the club with fellow Benfiquistas. Please note that there are ground rules: 1) keep the language clean – no need to go on a swearing rampage; 2) keep it Benfica related – no-one wants to know how much your oil change cost; and 3) no malicious comments about other posters – that’s pretty much an invitation for retorts, something we are hoping to avoid.

** Anyone who is posting in this thread who is not a Benfiquista will have their post deleted and will be warned – this one excepted ;) . Repeat offenders will be reprimanded with yellow cards – no questions asked. **

Enjoy… :)

4. SLB70

SLB70 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lisboa
    Finally just "RED"!!

Guys I don't want to sound pessimistic, but the way he (FS) handles the team, doesn’t convince me!
    He is cheap (salary) and that was the reason LFV went after him, but he is not the coach that SLB needs in the CL!

He will be gone by December!

5. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Lets wait and see!!!

6. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    I don't think he's good enough either and that SLB missed a perfect opportunity to get a great coach and instead settled. What really puzzles me is that FS is the seventh coach in as many years. First there was Heynckes, Toni, Jesualdo Ferreira, Camacho, Trapattoni, Koeman, and now Fernando Santos.

7. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

But Since Camacho Benfica has had the coach for a complete season....good or bad!!!

Porto has had 5 in 2 years....

Lets give Santos a chance....

8. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Fair enough, I will give him until Christmas, then Im stepping in.:D

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    By the way, nice thread tittle !!!!!!! I love it. Kind of sais it all.:D :D

10. Ricardo76

Ricardo76 New Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Lisboa
    Here's my view on Santos vs Koeman, please complete/amend:

Koeman wins over:
    personality, organization, international experience, wheight, suburness, pacience, passion over Barcelona, Beto and Moretto.

Santos wins over:
    SL experience, softeness, silly gestures to the field, passion for Benfica, Portuguese speaking...... bugs also seem to like him!

As for now, I think it's the worse buy of the season. For me, Koeman was responsable for the way our defense was so good last year. He was a good one...
    I hope he will get a lot of white scarfs, cause in the last 2 years, Trap and Adrieense got plenty and became champs :D

11. Zezinho

Zezinho New Member

Jul 13, 2004
    Mississauga, ON
    Oh, I'm all for giving him a chance since he is the coach. I just can't help thinking that he wasn't the best coach available. Every new coach brings in new ideas along with players, I mean just look back at how many different tactics we've seen; from run and gun to crowd the midfield.
    I'd love to have a coach for a little longer than a year just for consistency sake. Is FS that guy? I don't know I guess we'll see.

12. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Im just frustrated. I saw Benfica go far into the CL last year and thought, great, they have the money to keep some players, hire a good coach and maybe even pick up a useful player or two. Now what happened ? Where did all that money go to ? Im just frustrated and nothing looks good to me I guess

13. saosebastiao

saosebastiao New Member

May 22, 2005
    Re: Benfica Fans Only 2: We're Better and More Popular than You and You Know This, So

debt.

14. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Pay some bills and invest on some good refs!!!

15. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Yeap, maybe they should get back to us when they decide to put an honest effort towards a team. :rolleyes:

16. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Dam it TO. Im in a pissy mood, Stop trying to make me laugh. :D :D

17. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    You guys call yourselves fans????

Suck it up......already bitchin and the season has not even started yet!!!

18. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Ill support them, even if I dont like what they are doing. Im just not going to ignore what they have done or refuse to.

19. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Well...you should!!!:D

20. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Which part, support or ignore ??:D

21. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I would feel alot more confident if we had a striker like Pauleta instead of Nuno though.

22. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada
    Both!!!:D

Don't ask what SLB can do for you, but what you can do for SLB!!!

23. TO DEVILS

TO DEVILS Member

Jun 10, 2005
    Canada

ROFLMAO!!!! You owe me a coffee...i just spit my Timmies on my keyboard!!!!

24. SLB70

SLB70 New Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Lisboa
    We (Benfiquistas) will give him that chance in the SL, but in CL he better be intelligent because that chance is quite short!!

Camacho, Trapattoni, Koeman spent thousands of hours working the defenders to defend against free kicks and corners (I remember in the Camacho era, the goals almost always came from corners!)

Mr. Fernando Santos in pre-season with the same defenders allows as many goals as almost half a season for one of the coaches mentioned above!

Now you tell me if there isn’t something wrong with his tactics!!!

P.S.

Also, don't give a crap if he is a huge SLB fan or Not!!
    Don’t care what colour of club the coach likes, as long as brings the millions $$$ from the CL back to SLB!!

25. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut