Benfica Corruption

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ---Z---, Apr 13, 2014.

1. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Interesting things seem to happen

Today, Benfica won 0-2 at Arouca, a team with a difficult pitch to play on.

except for the fact that the game was played in Aveiro, in the pristine pitch of the Aveiro Stadium constructed for Euro 2004.

Only in Portugal can this happen.

But anyways, the championship was already long decided in the middle of the season when Refs intervened to stop Sporting.

2. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    All I've done is seen nonstop bitching from Sporting fans. The reaction is analogous to the way Benfica fans used to react towards Porto back in their heyday(s). It's pathetic. Benfica is clearly better than Sporting, regardless of whatever influence of refs. 7 points ahead and Benfica is playing on 4 different fronts. But hey, keep making those excuses. I saw it from a lot of Benfiquistas a few years back, pretty sad.

3. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    #3 joaommx, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    What? Wasn't it warranted though? Have you heard the Pinto da Costa wire taps? It's disgusting! Those Benfiquistas, and also we Sportinguistas had every reason to complaint!

eurodad repped this.
  4. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    About the change of the game venue though. It's not uncommon or unheard of. Two seasons ago we also played against Feirense in this stadium.

eurodad repped this.
  5. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    either way that money would of gone to Arouca

6. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Complain ? Yes you have every right to complain. No question that Sporting had more than their fair share of bad calls go their way. I dont argue that for one moment. To go from there to accusing Benfica of corruption and bribing refs is a huge leap. In the end, what killed Sporting more this year was the scoring drought that you guys went through. You can make the argument that had Sporting not suffered those bad calls, they would be neck and neck with Benfica but that does not take away what Benfica has done this year.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Thank you. I was actually looking that up myself. I was pretty sure it happened once before with Sporting and as well with Porto in the past but could not find it. Thanks

8. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I meant complaint about Pinto da Costa and the wiretaps, not about this season.

Sporting did have some pretty awful calls against us this season, but I'm not convinced they were meant to help Benfica. I think it has more to do with the "powers that be" inside the footballing structure not liking all this Bruno de Carvalho medling with them and proposals to make the game fairer.

9. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I had actually had this conversation with a Sporting fan this year that your President may be making enemies with the constant quotes after games and during the week. Im sure there were refs with chips on their shoulders after reading some of the comments made about them by Sporting officials. That does not make it right but I can see how that can very easily happen. My response was more against the tittle of this thread than what you posted although I did want to comment on part of your quote.

10. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Benfica is a great team, but SCP has been prejudiced this year by the refs. It is true SCP will need to reinforce the squad for next season as they will be competing again in Europe, it helped that we were only playing in domestic competitions this season.

but key decisions went against Sporting in their draw against Rio Ave at Home, their tie against Nacional, their draw against Academica, 6-7 points blatantly robbed... Refs also kept carding William leading up to the derby so that he would miss it..

All this, despite Sporting being the most hated club by the establishment, and with less resources we should be fighting to the last day for the championship.

SCP is a club that shows pride in itself and its country, develops players, and plays according to its values. The powers that be, typical Self-hating Portuguese with inferiority complexes do not like this. they prefer using foreign players and being consumed by inferiority complex driven by left-wing agendas. Its a shame what the system does against the club that contributes more so than any other to the utility of Portuguese sports (read Portuguese and not Serbian etc).

11. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    the moral of the story is, Whoever wins the league, cheated.

12. joaommx

joaommx Member+

Sep 27, 2009
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ...and whenever the referees are chosen randomly only Sporting and Boavista win the league. :D

13. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    IS that what he's implying? Or is he simply stating that the top 2 most successful teams in Portugal benefit from shit reffing all year long? Am I the only one who noticed the refs stopped screwing us over once it was evident SLB would clinch the league? No doubt SLB has played amazing footy and have such an aggressive and insane attacking game, but when things don't go their way (Arouca game, Belenenses game) refs step in to help while SCP gets goals disallowed for no apparent reason (Nacional) and bullshit penalties.

You really think Z is coming up with this sh*t off the top of his head? We've been robbed of many points while SLB was gifted a lot of points. Why didn't the Porto-Maritimo game start at the same time as the Sporting game and hwy was Porto awarded a bullshit penalty in stoppage time after we scored our 3rd goal? Why has there been no explanation on why Slimani's goal was disallowed against Nacional?

Seem if you're not even watching the Sporting games and actually witnessing the bullshit then your responses are unwarranted. I watch all the games and I see the difference in officiating. Anybody can see it. That's why this league is garbage.

http://www.record.xl.pt/Futebol/Nacional/1a_liga/Sporting/interior_premium.aspx?content_id=875402

This link explains it all. Of course, all the Puerto and Benficacič fans will argue it's just a coincidence

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sky is falling

15. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ppl are Blind to the obvious

16. Ribeiro dos Reis

Mar 17, 2012
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You're joking, aren't you? :D

Sporting used foreign players in their teams since the very beginning, common practice within the club.

Benfica started to use foreigners in late 1970's, almost half a century later (!).

Besides, Benfica is the club in Portugal with the most titles in the top youth category. And overall is the second with most national titles in all national youth categories.

Youth football of Sporting is almost mythological, because it's a quite recent thing, and mostly because the club built their own academy before the other clubs.

Sporting never, absolutely never dominated the top two categories except between 2004 and 2010. The beginners only in the start of the 1990's. for a brief period of time. Just because there were and are recent famous players that doesn't mean there aren't other great names from the youth categories of other clubs.

The reason why my club is using more foreign players now is to make money. Buy at lower prices and sell at higher prices... it's just a way to get more revenues. Besides, i don't like the policy of 11 foreigners at the same time, i hope this will change in the future.

This topic is a joke too. The decision was from the HOME CLUB, and corruption is something else and should be proven.

17. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Table is exactly as it should be. Benfica is the best team. Ponto final. Laughable that Sporting thinks they should be anywhere else. 8 points ahead of FCP. Where's the corruption there? If you were currently behind Porto I'd perhaps listen to these cases of bitching but when I look at the current table, evaluate each teams' play over the season, there's nothing else to consider. Benfica is the best. Sporting 2nd best and Porto 3rd best.

18. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Yes, poor Sporting. Always getting robbed. We need a documentary on this. Do you you and your tag team troller want to direct this documentary? Could be called, "Sporting Clube of Roberry". Nicholas Cage could narrate.

Sporting is way ahead of Porto. The fact that you claim PDC is trying to rob Sporting is a joke. Porto sucks this year, nothing could help us even cafe com leite.

19. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

[​IMG]

someone is a real idiot

Its okay, SCP academy will take solace in producing 3 Ballon Dor wins.

20. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Like BDC said, Benfica's main reforco was gaining control of referee nominations

Benfica has been the most benefited team this season , they have more control of the reffing now.. PDC is losing influence and BDC's attack on Porto has weakened them, of course SLB leaves SCP alone to fight against FCP and Corruption

there is a big difference, BDC and SCP wishes to end corruption and make our football more transparent

LFV wants to keep things the same, just switching the system to favor Red moreso than Blue

21. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    Tom Landry, legendary coach of the Dallas Cowboys once pulled a wide receiver over after he made an ass of himself after getting a touchdown. Dont make an ass of yourself. When you get to the end zone, act like you’ve been there before”.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I don't think anyone is suggesting they should necessarily be anywhere. I think people are just pointing out the fact that SLB have been gifted points left and right, as I have mentioned: Belenenses disallowed goal against SLB, SLB's lats minute fabricated PK against Arouca for the draw, SLB's last minute fabricated PK against Gil Vicente, and I can go back and bring up several different games that SLB was gifted.

There's no corruption with us being ahead of Porto in the league because they've played like fucking shit. They flat-out suck. There was, however, corruption in the Taca when Porto was able to start their game late and be gifted a 93rd minute PK that was never a PK.

Look at the current table? Evaluate each teams' play over the season? Ok. So the fact that SLB were handed points they never deserved had no effect on the current standings? Are all of you guys retarded and completely ignore the facts? I don't get it.

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I was referencing the Taca game, not the league. Porto sucks, and they should also have never passed tot he enxt round of the Taca either. Learn to read.

24. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I remember back in 2001-2002 year, the great Mario Jardel played for Sporting. In that year he scored and amazing 42 goals in 30 games. Of those 42 goals, 17 of them were penalty shots. Im sure every one of those penalty shots were just and fair.

25. BatatasFritas

BatatasFritas Member+

Nov 29, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Read what you just typed lagarto.

Who cares about the Taca. There is no corruption about some Taca games.