Benfica club Membership

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by marco goncalves, May 27, 2005.

1. marco goncalves

marco goncalves New Member

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    red

Ok so its been a while since i last posted here,however i visit you guys everyday,but havent been able to post due to personal reasons.

Anyway many of you guys consider yourselfs die hard Benfica fans and all of a sudden theres a lot of Benfiquistas out there just because we won the Portuguese league.

However you are not a true Benfica fan unless you join the Glorioso as a new member .

Please help our club ,the more members and the more money the better the future of our club is in your hands like Luis Filipe Vieira said,and after a lot of hard work ,we dont want our club to go back to the disgracefull days of Vale e Azevedo.

Now for only 55 Euros you can become a member ,just visit our club web site and become a member.

Also there are lots of free players ending their contracts with their clubs,i can name just a few that i would like to see play for Benfica ,remeber these are players that wont cost us a penny ,other than their weekly salary.

Hamman,Smicer Both from Liverpool
    Pires -Arsenal

Saviola and Riquleme will problably be loaned out by Barcelona again,why not try to have them loaned to us..........

Its goo to be Posting again

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I will not support SLB in any way shape or form. New members to SLB from other cities beside the Benfica part of Lisboa only hurt the league and encourage people not to support anything unless SLB shows up to their town all in the name of a has-been club that still lives in the 60's.

3. GatoFedorento

GatoFedorento New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
    That's silly and you know it.

4. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So they aren't fans unless they pay 50 bucks?

Ridiculous pricing, I don't know any other club where the pricing is so steep. I understand Benfica's financial situation, but come on. I mean, should the fans really pay so much? Especially when all of the money over the past 10 years has obviously been wasted on stupid additions to the club?

Ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is your proposition.

Once a gloryhunter, always a gloryhunter. You can't buy faith or love for a club, but obviously that isn't so if you're a Benfiquista.

5. metro fan

metro fan Member

Apr 29, 1999
    Union, NJ
    I agree with you. WHat will that new card do for me? Somebody wants to collect some extra bucks

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Maybe a little silly but when all you hear in Portugal is Benfica propaganda all it does is kill local teams.

Think about it cities filled with Futebol fans all cheering for Benfica so to stay loyal to the club they only go to see a game when Benfica comes to town and then the rest of the season their stadiums are virtually empty? it's horrible and that's a main part of why our attendance is so low (yes also the time, weather) but loyalty is loyalty. Once your hooked then theres no turning back really. Then the sons and daughters buy into the team to and then Leiria, Beira-mar, Braga, Academica and so fourth are left with a city that dosen't want to support them.

7. GatoFedorento

GatoFedorento New Member

Apr 7, 2005
    Porto, Portugal
    No, not really. A lot of portuguese fans support two teams. The team of their city, village or even of their "bairro". For example, in the Rio Ave vs. Benfica game this season, most of Rio Ave fans i was in touch were also Benfica fans. But in the big day they chose to be loyal to their local team instead of Benfica. You can't blame Benfica for having a huge number of supporters. That's just the way it is.
    Instead you should blame some of the administators of the so-called small teams that run the clubs according to political and financial motivations. That's what is killing portuguese football. The connections between clubs and the city-halls are full of corruption. And the prices of the tickets are sometimes ridiculous for the quality they offer.

8. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    Benfica with this new "Benfica Card" are trying to get easy money, thats the way it is, the big 3 don´t make profit unless they get at least 10 million euros a year but obviously LFV doesn´t want to dismantle the team selling either Simão, Miguel, Manuel Fernandes or Petit, so the only way is to get funds from other sources in this case the supporters...also they want this money to invest and bring some more players in order to dream of advancing at least to the last 16 of the CL.
    The same goes for Sporting if they don´t sell someone they will end the season in debt, this is why they went for Manoel(free transfer), and are interested in players like Avalos, Marcos, Edson etc, (não há dinheiro não há vicios, é assim meus amigos).
    We would be in the same situation but fortunatly we are cashing in ;)
    In order to prevent this situations the teams have to promote more the season tickets and lower the wages, (from the total expenses on average the big 3 are spending more than 70 % in wages...), also its important not to make mistakes buying overpriced and crap players...

9. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    You're right. In fact, 55 euros isn't that much (atleast to me). I always thought that a membership for Benfica was well over 100 euros per year. I've been thinking of becoming a member for a while now, and I may evantually become one. Either way, I don't think 'Socios' are better fans than 'non-Socios'. As long as they are fans and loyal to the club and support the club all the time (doesn't have to be financially), then they are good fans.

10. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    No its not 50 its 55 Euros and if you think thats steep than your obviously not whitin the reality of Football.
    Most European clubs charge 500 Euros a year,and if you cant cash out 55 bucks a year to help your club ,than theres something wrong .

As far as my proposition being ridiculous ,well maybe for the memebers of this forum who are not Benfica fans....If you are and you cant help the club than dont bitch about the club either.Tell me of a team that made more mistakes this year in players than Fc Porto.Every team makes mistakes ,but LFV hasnt made many yet.And i sure as hell want him to continue there....

11. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    500 euros? Ok... you apparently "know" what you're talking about.

LFV is obviously a very bad business-man; if Benfica have as many fans they say world-wide then he should create a cheaper price per/season which would encourage more people to sign up, and would turn out in a bigger profit. 20 people may pay 50 bucks for a video game, but I can beat at least a 100 would buy a game that's half the price. You would get a much larger return with the second option.

12. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    Let me try to explain you what these 55 bucks means since you insist on saying that 55 bucks is too much money.

You get a visited tour guide of the stadium.
    You get gas discounts at the gas station ,its works like a regular Store card where you build up points.
    You get to see 2 games for half price,except the Bnefica vs Sporting or Porto.
    You get discounts at the Benfica megastore.

Now if you still think that 55 bucks and supporting your club at the same time is too much .

I dont feel like going on ,its like beating a dead horse.

Barcelona,Real Madrid,Psg.Man Utd all chrge quaruple the price.

Have you ever been in an Englis stadium?
    I have ,but because their always full the only game that i could get tickets for was Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace ,2 pretty ************ teams right?

Well guess how much i paid to see 2 ************ teams 45 pounds for the ticket.

Again im not trying to campaign for anyone,im just saying is that if you really care for your clubs and if you can dish out 55 bucks which is pocket change ,than do so......

13. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    hey dont come here and tell people their not REAL benfica fans if they dont pay money, some people have kids, families and payments they have to meet, and some are more well off than others. I dont care if it was a SPorting person that came in here and said the same thing id to tell him to fvck off and not tell people their any less of a fan if they dont cough up money. what a fvckin cvnt

and what good is all that ******** if we live in the US and never make it over to Portugal

14. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    1st of all i just didnt drop out of the sky in this forum ,i have been amember for quite a few years.
    Second of all im not telling anyone what to do.
    3rd of all ,i simply started a thread like all of you guys do.
    4th of all i didnt expect you to join since your a SCP fan.
    5th of all if using profanity is the only term of communication that best applies to you ,than i suggest you take your anguis on youself.
    Because i can use profanity also ,but which not to do so.

Obviously your very frustrated nowadays Lost the Uefa cup final,Lost the Portuguese ,Lost the Portuguese cup.But be happy you won te Friendship cup... :D

For someone that lives in the US and cant afford 55 bucks is beoynd me,i can see if you lived in Ethiopia,Senegal,or Burma........

15. LuisCamoes

LuisCamoes Red Card

Jul 25, 2004
    Boston USA
    reread my post I said EVEN IF IT WAS A SPORTINGISTA i would still tell them to fvck off if they where implying I was less of a fan if I didnt pay money. And if you were such a active member youd know I dont knock on Benfica, Porto ect ect so dont give me this number four crap. If a team , ANY team needed money to keep afloat in the Superliga and I had the cash id help its about the league not the rivalries to me, but would it make me less of a fan? hell no.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I think this thread should be in the Benfica forum,

maybe biggyv can still make the move.

17. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    Thats all you have to say Frank?

You have no opinion on the matter?

I dont really care if everyone here thinks that my Thread is garbage or bull merda.

Like i said in my original posting lots of couch potato fans .Lost of talk and no action.I got my response ,no wonder why the stadiums are empty,and dont give the high prices ,because even when tickets are given for free ,people are just too lazy to get off their rear ends ,they rather be Tv soccer fans....

Portuguese football needs a 25 de Abril ,and it must start with the fans mentality........

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    the 55 dollars don't bother me, what bother's me, a few years back they got money from the immigrants at the Newark Benfica, including myself, and we never got our card, for understand they pocket the money, so I have to wait and see.

also we have a lot of kids the go to school, and post here, and they have other priorities, first I will tell theme before they become a member, it would be better to be a member of SPT and get the four live games, or the MLS 69 dollars package

19. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston
    Frank,speaking of SPT !iIm in the process of changing to a new cable company ,that will offer me Goaltv ,i currently only have Fox Sports World .But besides that i have also ordered SPT .Is that SIC international?

Can u tell me a bit about that channel as the cable peopl could only tell me it was Portuguese...By the name i tough it was SportTv ......

20. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    SPT -is own by Antonio Seabra family, restaurants, bakeries, foodstores etc. and they got the rights for Sic, Antonio Seabra group also got the rights for the sport tv games, its all in the same umbrella,
    I have the Dish 800-333-3474, first time get's the dish for free, make sure you get the superdish, and the 150 package the includes fox soccer channel, MSG and Gol Tv
    for 69 dollars a season you can get over 250 games of the MLS

21. marco goncalves

Apr 29, 2002
    Boston

Frank,what kind of programming does SPT offer,is it like RTPI ,(culture/games/news/soap operas/soccer games)

And you mentioned they give 4 live games a week?

What are typically the games that they show?The big guns or other teams.Im very curious about this channel.

22. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    they show about 2 to 3 novelas, music shows, Herman Jose, os Malucos do riso, etc. all the sport tv games, including the big 3, 5 games a week

23. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    IMO "marco goncalves" is really Vale Azevedo oh he's still in jail, then he has to be LFV begging.
    Befiquistas have been burned time, and time again on these "operacoes".

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    this is got hurt all the sportinguistas fans, LFV going all way out saying the want the CL title, eat your heart out :)

we are back

PRESIDENTE ELEVA FASQUIA NA CASA DE ARRUDA DOS VINHOS
    Vieira lança aposta no título europeu

Luís Filipe Vieira assumiu ontem, no decorrer da inauguração da Casa do Benfica de Arruda dos Vinhos, que pretende o título europeu.

“Não quero só um Benfica campeão nacional, quero um Benfica a lutar na Europa. Quero um Benfica campeão europeu. Reunimos todas as condições e esse é um objectivo que passa pela minha cabeça. Sou um homem de desafios e quando lanço um, quero cumpri-lo.”

A escassas horas da final da Taça de Portugal, Vieira mostrou-se confiante em alcançar a dobradinha: “Acredito sempre quando o Benfica joga. É um título importante para nós. Todos os jogadores estão predispostos e mentalizados para amanhã (hoje) nos darem mais esta grande alegria, apesar de respeitarmos o V. Setúbal.”

Ataques

O discurso de Luís Filipe Vieira foi feito para algumas centenas de adeptos, no decorrer de um jantar que concluiu a inauguração da casa do Benfica de Arruda dos Vinhos. O líder dos encarnados, que se fez acompanhar pelas antigas glórias Eusébio e Artur Santos, falou naturalmente do título conquistado no Bessa e da importância do mesmo: “Este campeonato foi muito especial para o Benfica. Muita gente não queria que este objectivo fosse atingido, mas conseguimos. Foi uma vitória da humildade, amizade e querer. Ganhámos o campeonato nas quatro linhas e não fomos levados ao colo como muitos insinuaram”, referiu.

Luís Filipe Vieira, por último, sublinhou ainda os méritos do seu mandato. “Tudo o que propusemos à família benfiquista, a direcção cumpriu e fê-lo em tempo recorde. Não acabámos com as modalidades, temos um projecto para elas. Fizemos o estádio e enchemo-lo, naquele que foi uma excelente resposta ao desafio por mim lançado sobre a onda vermelha. Os salários dos jogadores estão em dia. O Benfica tem credibilidade e dignidade.”

Autor: CARLA PEREIRA
    Data: Domingo, 29 de Maio de 2005 02:15:00

25. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ