Benfica 10/11 new jersey.

Discussion in 'SL Benfica' started by SLBCarlos, May 10, 2010.

1. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes sir! Its my tradition, every season 2 jerseys, 1 home 1 away with players names.

2. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    since the away jersey is really ugly. this year i only ended up buying the home jersey.
    C.MARTINS 17. david luiz and f.coentrao names were sold out

3. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Martins is in the best form of his career, fantastic pre-season with phenomal goals and scored officially this season too off the bench. Not a bad choice. I just ordered my F.Coentrao home jersey.

This season's away jersey definitely doesnt compare to last seasons away. I alsolutely loved the back jersey! Although not fond of it, Im getting it anyway because this will be David Luiz last season at Benfica, not letting him go w/o getting his jersey.

4. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I might have to order an Benfica Coentrao. But I am afraid by next season he won't be there...

5. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I can guarantee you he wont be here next season, but what does that have to do with getting a Coentrao jersey THIS season? Already ordered my Coentrao one and then getting my David Luiz away one soon.

6. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not all of us can buy jerseys like you every year...they arent that cheap ya know.

7. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    c'mon. don't tell me you can't afford to spend 70 bucks on a jersey? once a year? lol

now if you're not into jerseys etc... etc... thats different.

8. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i went to the store at the stadium before the supertaca game. so i would have the jersey for the game.
    i wanted d.luiz jersey really bad. because this will be his last year with benfica. but they didn't have it. so i asked for f.coentrao for same reason and was also sold out.
    so since i already have AIMAR, SAVIOLA, CARDOZO(on the team right now). i wouldn't mind getting AIMAR or SAVIOLA again, but i decided to get diff players every year, so i ended up getting C.MARTINS because he's one of the players i like the most.

maybe i still will get the away jersey with D.LUIZ. even though i dont really like that jersey.

so since im gonna miss the f.coentrao benfica jersey cuz this will be his last year also. i will buy his portugal NT jersey.

9. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I have priorities in other areas. Im a college student after all.

10. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Condoms and beer. :D

11. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    in that order

12. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    you forgot weed.

13. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im in college too...thats not an excuse. Benfica is my biggest passion. After all, I have a Benfica tattoo on my arm. I find ways to afford the new Benfica jerseys. I rep my team.

14. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I suppose you're a better fan than me then..I shall kneel everytime you post since you're better than me and rep the team more than i do. Poor me. :rolleyes:

15. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not having enough money and needing money for other areas is a bigger priority than buying a jersey. I'd rather buy something I need than buy somethign I want lol

16. DV1882

DV1882 Member

Dec 2, 2006
    How can they be sold out they don't sell jerseys with the names you have to pay 12euros more to have the names put on them. takes 15 minutes to put the names on i just got 4 jeseys I was there last week.

17. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    i went there(estadio da luz) on FRIDAY august 6th coming back from Algarve to pay my SOCIO QUOTAS and to buy the new jersey also ended up buying a benfica beach towel, 2 scarfs(eu sou campeao and campeoes nacionais) bought a "banner" like the ones people put on the rear view mirrors but in a HUGE SIZE,and the DVD. when i went to buy the jersey in the adidas store they told me they didn't have more david luiz and fabio coentrao names to put on the jerseys. since i didnt wanna wait because the next day i was going to watch the supertaca game vs porto i ended up putting C.MARTINS 17. if wasn't for that i maybe would've waited.

the same thing happened in algarve in the vilamoura marine on the wednesday before, i went to a sports store and was going to buy the jersey that day but they also didn't have david luiz and f.coentrao names to put on the jersey they told me the names were coming on thursday but since i was gonna stop at estadio da luz on the way back i didn't go there. and i got ********ed cuz they were sold out at the adidas store in the stadium. that's my luck.

maybe if i went to a store at the colombo mall etc.. i would've got it but i didnt have that much time. i still had a long drive to MINHO.

18. SLBCarlos

SLBCarlos New Member

Aug 23, 2005
    Newark NJ USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    its not even that. i bet during the year you spend/waist alot more money on stuff you dont need and useless stuff.

if you put 1 dollar every day on your piggybank for 2 and half months you have the money to buy a jersey. or put a quarter everyday on you piggy bank for 10 months. lol

19. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    does it really matter if one owns a jersey or not

20. Benficafan

Benficafan New Member

May 10, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Dude not everyone can be like you though. For the most part yeah maybe you will end up spending more BUT its not all on one thing. personally I can buy a jersey if I want to but to say someone has a budget and need to spend wise is not a reason to not get one thats just bs dude sorry but thats bogus thing to say and unfair. People have their reasons

1 person likes this.
  21. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Pretty much

only to simpletons who think they're better fans because they have a jersey..lmao.

22. Benfica4Life

Benfica4Life Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You guys are complete idiots. As dumb as the Sportinguistas on here. I say Benfica is my biggest passion, its a tradition for me to buy 1 home and a away jersey per season and I have a Benfica tattoo. Never did I say you guys HAVE to buy jerseys and that I am better fan than anyone. Get over yourselves. Putting words in my mouth. Lay off the weed. Burning to any brain cells. You might need the one day

23. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I ordered mine earlier this month and still haven't received it yet.

24. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    Last Benfica jersey I bought was a Nuno Gomes jersey when Benfica still had "Telecom" as a sponsor. I believe it was 1999. Jerseys are too expensive and not something I really wear out. I've bought Benfica polos and other shirts that are a bit more fashionable though.

25. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You > me...gotcha