Ben Lederman at Raków Częstochowa (Poland)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Clint Eastwood, Apr 18, 2011.

1. McGarnagle

McGarnagle Member+

Apr 29, 2010
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Icardi made it all the way to Barcelona's U-19 team before they let him go. Does anyone know how many steps away from their first team that is?

3. Jgco

Jgco Member

Jul 14, 2011
    There isn't an u-19 team as such. There is Juvenil A & Juvenil B which are both 16-18 with a few 19 year olds.

Above that, there is Barcelona B and then Barcelona.

4. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Icardi wasn't really a "washout" for Barcelona. He plays as a #9 and never really could fit into that type of system of Barcelona's. I have/had been following his career since he was a 15-16 year old. He had scored over 500 goals in his youth days and Barcelona and Real Madrid heard about him and both went fighting for his rights. He ended up at Barcelona. From what I recall reading, he had a little bit of an attitude issue, him not fitting into that type of system(Look at Eto'o(he was still scoring goals but not really with the way they played) and Ibra who was 1 and done with them) was what made him leave Barcelona. Barcelona loaned to Italy with Samp B team. He did well, and La Samp gave him a deal. As for his future, I believe he ends up at Inter. I do believe Mancini was at a Samp game not long ago watching him and a couple others play.

5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    J.R. Eskilson@JREskilson40m
    U.S. U14 BNT midfielder Ben Lederman had his contract renewed with FC Barcelona. #usynt

6. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. kruck

kruck Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Great article... Puts some perspective into the whole..."send them all to europe... And send them as young as we can".... Its a big friggin deal to do that... Could not imagine disrupting a single players let alone their whole families lives like that.... And then... To add to it... Not all that many make it.

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    It is a big deal for grown men with college educations to leave their hometowns, let alone the country.

9. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Can you imagine this kid making Barca's first team and then choosing to play for Israel! :eek:

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No

11. Nastrabrahmus

Nastrabrahmus Member+

Mar 29, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Maybe in 5-10 years the kid will have the lingual prowess of Kompany and the vision of Iniesta!

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  12. NMMatt

NMMatt Member+

Apr 5, 2006
    "the United States national youth program, for which Ben plays"

13. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Depends on the family, love for the sport, and support for their kid.

My buddy's nephew went to Barcelona and his mom and dad quit their job to have his son follow their dream. HUGE soccer fans btw.

I know I would do it for my kid.... but it all depends on the fmaily, situation, dedication to the sport, etc etc

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. El Michael

El Michael Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Club:
    DC United
  16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Still trying to determine whether Lederman can continue training at Barcelona due to the current investigation.

La FIFA ha sancionado al FC Barcelona por diez fichajes irregulares desde 2010 hasta hoy. De los diez, uno (Abdul) ya no milita en el club; seis fueron inhabilitados el pasado febrero de 2013 (Paik, Lee, Jang, Bobby, Patrice y Theo Chendri, aunque este último reapareció tras cumplir 16 años); y los otros tres (Ben Lederman, Take y Kais Ruiz) han podido seguir jugando con sus respectivos equipos sin ningún tipo de problema. Hasta este fin de semana.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20140...man-take-kais-fifa-barcelona_54405502052.html

This article starts to address this.....................

Looks like the bolded part means they've been playing with the youth teams....................until this week.

Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  17. CapeCodFutbol

CapeCodFutbol Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They are missing games, but no mention of not practicing any more. Specifically, Lederman had an Infantil A game this weekend that he will miss. I think this is the first step, and none of the three in question get meaningful youth action at Barca until they are 16.

18. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barca's appeal was denied. Here's what it says reference to the players in question:

"Barcelona has also been ordered to pay a fine of 450,000 Swiss francs (£296,000) and been given a period of 90 days from today in which to regularise the situation of all minor players concerned."

I have no idea what else that means in terms of Ben & his future at Barca. But the team is appealing this decision to CAS as the next step in the process.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/sto...ed-by-fifa-082014?cmpid=tsmfb:fscom:foxsoccer

This should move over to the YA Academy @Friedel'sAccent

Testudo and Winoman repped this.
  20. Friedel'sAccent

Friedel'sAccent Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Providence, RI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Made the move, thanks!

21. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
  22. 9tenths

9tenths New Member

Sep 8, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    He is on B roster but has not appeared in any league games so far this year.
    This may be result of Barca problems as I heard non-EU youth have restricted passes in Catalonia and can not play in all divisions. Not sure if this applies to cadete preferent. One can poke around here.
    http://www.fcf.cat/pnfg/NPcd/NFG_Cm...a=7&Sch_Codigo_Delegacion=100&Sch_Tipo_Juego=

and see all game box scores and other stats

Tom Collingsworth, Winoman and Testudo repped this.
  23. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Testudo and Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  25. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yikes....

Maybe he comes back to the states to develop? :(