Ben Haim, Benayoun, Katan not permited to train in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Discussion in 'Israel' started by MHaifa1913, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every now and then Bolton Wanderers in England goes on a training trip in the middle of the season. This year, the club picked Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. The UAE is a generally nice country when it comes to politics, and reportedly does permit people with Israeli entry/exit stamps in their passports to enter the country. There is even an unofficial office of Israeli interests. It is a semi embassy made up of Israeli government employees with foreign passports.

Tal Ben Haim was told of the training camp and asked the club to check if he is permited to enter the country. I am sure that if he just went without checking they would let him through at passport control, but the club came back to him and said that he would not be permited to enter the United Arab Emirates because he is Israeli. Why would the club continue to support this country? Then the club also asked all players with Israeli entry/exit stamps in their passports to get new passports. The whole thing makes me sick.

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Re: Ben Haim not permited to train with Bolton in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

I can't say I am surprised, but I am appaled that English clubs continue to do this knowing what is going on in the world. Also, I guess if Ben-Haim was of another race, they would make sure that they would go where everyone is allowed to go. I guess he means that much to Bolton.

4. This is not the first time that the UAE has been caught of being anti-Israel. They often need Israeli business and do a lot of business with Israel. But when a hospital in Dubai received hospital clothing that said on the tags, "Made In Israel". They returned it to the manufacturer claiming that the clothes are probably not sterile for hospital use.

5. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shame on the English clubs for touring/vacationing there.