Belize Football II

Discussion in 'Central America' started by aguimarães, Jun 17, 2009.

1. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I really hope that he does stay on as coach as he's done a tremendous job so far. I don't see why any international manager needs to be full-time really.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    He arrives into San Pedro Sula to manage Marathon I think by this weekend or early next week. It'll be interesting to see if he can succeed with Marathon.

Also, His first signing at Marathon was of Belizean international, Elroy Smith, who recorded 7 goals this past Apertura.

3. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    A very good signing - to score seven goals from defence is amazing. When does the Honduran Clausura start?

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I think next year.

5. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

6. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    With the Belizean Premier League not finishing until December 26th, does anyone know if there will still be the end of season championship play-offs? With the Central American Cup starting of January 14th, it doesn't leave much time.

7. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The Belizean squad for the Central American Cup has been announced and I've added the list of players to my blog www.belizenationalfootballteam.blogspot.com

Any comments on my blog or new followers (I currently only have two!) would be very welcome

Thanks

Greg

8. Wanderer89

Wanderer89 New Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for that Greg, looks like the players from outside of Belize will be taking part, I don't think they did in 2009 (Orio, McCauley etc) Anyone know if any streams will be available for this tournement?

9. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    GolTV will be broadcasting the entire tournament.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    oh yea.. also Deportivo Savio's owner said that he's in Belize looking for a new Belizean player to replace Elroy Smith who signed with CD Marathon..

Do yall know any player that seems worthy of playing outside of Belize..presumably in Honduras. :cool:

11. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

12. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

The BPFL Quarterfinals begin January 2, 2011 with Toledo Ambassadors vs Belmopan Blaze and Griga United vs San Felipe Barcelona.

13. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Thanks. Hopefully they won't be playing the semi-finals and final before the national squad leave for Panama. We don't want any injuries before that tournament.

14. Wanderer89

Wanderer89 New Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Ian Gaynair was having trials in Honduras a few weeks ago, according to Krems broadcast game, so it could be him.

Also the Hankook Verdes have replaced the Belmopan Blaze in the playoffs, as the Blaze "are having problems".

15. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

That may not be such a bad thing following that 6-1 thrashing of the Blaze by F.C. Belize. It may make for a better playoff game with Verdes playing the Ambassadors (and in my humble opinion, an upset is not out of the question).

16. Wanderer89

Wanderer89 New Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think the Ambassadors will win it quite comfortably to be honest the other game San Felipe vs Griga will be a lot closer. Are Krem showing a broadcast this week do you know?

Also with the UNCAF coming up, the BDF have at least 5/6 players selected for the national team, so they could be a lot weaker in the playoffs.

17. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

I would *think* that they would, but I sent a 'tweet' @krembz last night, asking what their plans are, to be sure. I haven't heard back yet. Usually they are pretty good about replying to tweets, so hopefully we'll know before Sunday afternoon. If I hear of anything before then, I'll leave a post here.

Also, Happy New Year everyone! :)

18. parkers3

parkers3 Guest

Apparently there wasn't a KREM "Game of the Week" for Sunday's quarterfinals, (and, unfortunately, no reply to my KREM 'tweet' either), but here is the latest information from the league:

Source: "KREM now the official station for BPFL's Caribbean Motors Cup tournament"
    http://www.krembz.com/index.php/community/bpfl-schedulescores

"Playoff Scores & Schedule" - (January 2011)
    http://www.krembz.com/downloads/QUATERFINALRESULTS.pdf

The semifinals will begin on January 22, 2011.
    (No word yet about KREM webcasts.)

Game 1
    Sun. Jan 22 MCC Grounds
    4:00PM F.C. Belize vs Toledo Ambassadors
    Norman Broaster Stadium
    4:00PM Belize Defence Force vs San Felipe Barcelona

Game 2
    Sun. Jan 29 Toledo Union Field
    4:00PM Toledo Ambassadors vs F.C. Belize
    People’s Stadium
    4:00PM San Felipe Barcelona vs Belize Defence Force

19. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Should Belize make it through to the semi-finals or 5th place play-off at the Central American Cup (on January 21st) then Belize Defence Force will be without SIX players for the first game of their CMC semi-final! (which takes place the following day)

20. Wanderer89

Wanderer89 New Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Bolton, UK
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Intereresting but its a big IF! Have Belize ever won a UNCAF game?

21. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not yet. We've played seventeen, drawn three, lost fourteen. I think this will be the year though as we've got the best squad and coach we've ever had. We probably only need to one game (Nicaragua are definitely beatable) and then we'd be through to the play-off for the fifth and final Gold Cup place, probably against Guatemala (again, beatable). That's the plan anyway! :)

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  23. BKR inC

BKR inC Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Australia
    I have wondered have belize plan to compete in the concacaf champions league in the next few season, I know they failed to compete in the last 2 ....i mean are their any new projects to renovate or make a staduim or field capable of competing
    I was thinking of the FFb field in Belmopian i mean the national team were able to play their first international on home soil in 10 years, could it be possible for the club to use that staduim or is it not up to scrath

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  25. sanon74

sanon74 Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Club: